What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pet hates in gyms

Frailty

First Grade
People talking to me in the middle of a set of squats...

Seriously, just stop for the minute it takes...

Snoochies

First Grade
People talking to me in the middle of a set of squats...

Seriously, just stop for the minute it takes...

I know how you feel.

I have a mate who was going through some issues so I invited to train at my place to help him out, he instead tries to turn it into a counselling session where all he wants to do is 'talk' about anything except training. And like you, especially likes to start a conversation when I am about to unrack to squat. :sch:

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
A guy at the gym last week was complaining about another guy for not using proper form, doing stupid routines etc. The guy he was talking about was huge.

Moral of the story... I hate people who whinge about how others train when it's obviously working for them.

Shorty

Staff member
A guy at the gym last week was complaining about another guy for not using proper form, doing stupid routines etc. The guy he was talking about was huge.

Moral of the story... I hate people who whinge about how others train when it's obviously working for them.

:lol:his size is going to be completely irrelevant when his back is f**ked because he ruptured his disc.
But yeah know it alls are annoying, especially when they don't actually know what they're talking about.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
:lol:his size is going to be completely irrelevant when his back is f**ked because he ruptured his disc.
But yeah know it alls are annoying, especially when they don't actually know what they're talking about.

Nothing like that. The guy who was being a "know it all" was whinging about how far apart the other guy had his legs during squats and leg presses. His legs were huge. Im guessing he was working on a certain weak point.

I also have no problem with swinging the weight and doing "cheat reps" on the last set of an exercise as long as you were using proper form the rest of the time. Some people frown upon that though.

shaggs

Coach
Some weeks I use a wide stance and some a narrow stance. Same in leg press.

I figure if I try and use all my leg muscles they get bigger and I should get stronger. It's no different to using different grips and attachments for tricep work.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
went to the pcyc last night and a skinny macgee wearing a tapout singlet that was 3 sizes to small for him (must have been childrens size because the puny prick is already a small) wearing a flat brimmed hat backwards and basically had "i am a douche" tattooed on his forehead came in and before he even went to a machine just walked up to every girl in the gym, no matter how busy they were doing their reps or whether they had ear phones in or not and failed miserably at the tune. Like literally one by one like it was a circuit session go up, get ignored, go to the next on the treadmill next to the previous girl, repeat etc.

Never seen anything like it, admire his courage (something i can't do) but really?

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Can't say I'm a fan of fellas who work out in packs.

Do you really need to work out with three other blokes?

Frailty

First Grade
I know how you feel.

I have a mate who was going through some issues so I invited to train at my place to help him out, he instead tries to turn it into a counselling session where all he wants to do is 'talk' about anything except training. And like you, especially likes to start a conversation when I am about to unrack to squat. :sch:

That's the thing... If i were doing bicep work it'd be fine. But it's ALWAYS during squats, deads or bench... Shits me.

Was again at it last night, and was telling me to try this different form on my bench. Problem is, I'm very strict on my form because of shoulder issues and his suggestion would have put more load on the shoulders (thus defeating the point of doing a bench press).

He is a nice enough guy, but doesn't know how to shut up and has questionable form. He is the kind of guy that squats with a lot of weight, but only doing half squats.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
daft punks latest album and constant repeat

great album but intended for basically the opposite of what i do in the gym

shaggs

Coach
I know what you mean rhino. This morning it was like miles Cyrus, daft punk and that blurred lines song was on repeat.

Lucky I had some rob bailey to drown it out.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I saw a guy today doing shrugs with very limited ROM I know I've whinged about that plenty but he made some wraps out of the paper towel that is used to wipe down the equipment..
is this a thing

Shorty

Staff member
Nothing like that. The guy who was being a "know it all" was whinging about how far apart the other guy had his legs during squats and leg presses. His legs were huge. Im guessing he was working on a certain weak point.

I also have no problem with swinging the weight and doing "cheat reps" on the last set of an exercise as long as you were using proper form the rest of the time. Some people frown upon that though.
I think 'cheat reps' are ok if the weight isn't that heavy but yeah I don't tend to do it.
Everyone cheats a bit toward then end, the problem is when it becomes habit.

dogslife

Coach
People who do the same exercises every night.

This one group of yolos come in every night and do chest+arms. They wear the same outfits every night aswell. I find this chestbrah generation annoying. I feel like telling these peanuts they've gotten nowhere in the 2 months I've seen them come in

Joker's Wild

Coach
When douchebags drop the weights to the ground instead of lowering them properly at the end of bar lifts

I was watching a dude do it yesterday in a Jetts ffs

Latest posts