What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pet hates in gyms

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Do you know what gets my goat. When people leave like a million kilos on the 45 leg press. Thats useful for people just beginning to work out or ladies or whatever having to rack a heap of weight off a machine because people are too f**king lazy to do it themselves. I am also sure I have complained about that in this thread because it really annoys me but you reminded me :p

I once had this poor old lady ask if I could remove 10 20kg plates off a leg press for her. Felt so sorry for her and was more then happy to take time out of my workout to help her out even though I shouldn't have to in the first place. She would have been in her 60s and just wanted to put 5kgs on each side. Of all the things that piss me off at the gym it's leaving weight on machines.

HevyDevy

Coach
You know what else shits me? When people sit at a $20 blackjack table and bet $100 each hand. The $100 table is empty yet they hog the $20 tables!!

Oh wait, wrong thread ...

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Had these two dipsh*ts using a flat bench as their own personal bar today. Had their shakes and supps lined up on it for the whole time they were there. Little sh*ts.

Never understood why people have shakes while they workout. Works just as good before and after.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
back training in the dojo so all the fustrating people dont exist there. Only thing is one of the guys brings his small kid along at nights and just screams for no apparent reason the entire time. It's like playing rubbish music in the gym x5.

Joker's Wild

Coach
He probably struggles to find someone to watch the kid at night

Have you tried interacting with the kid? They usually settle down if they are comfortable being there

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
He probably struggles to find someone to watch the kid at night

Have you tried interacting with the kid? They usually settle down if they are comfortable being there

have tried but just makes him worse as he thinks you want to play and runs around the gym screaming and hiding behind things. Sensei's kelpie that is there most nights is more intelligent then this kid

thorson1987

Coach
Having been back at the gym the past week and a bit for the first time in about 5 years its good to see some thing don't change.

- People leaving weights anywhere they want. How hard is it to put them back on the racks.
- People not using towels and/or not wiping equipment down.

In the plus side, don't have to put up with wankers as I go early in the morning.

Used to shit me when I would go around 6pm when I was younger (before 24 hour gyms were around Campbelltown)

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The anytime fitness in Campbelltown is honestly the worst gym I have ever used. a few years ago I was house sitting my father in laws place so I decided to go to the gym at ~11am and it was filthy.

thorson1987

Coach
The anytime fitness in Campbelltown is honestly the worst gym I have ever used. a few years ago I was house sitting my father in laws place so I decided to go to the gym at ~11am and it was filthy.

Good thing I go to the one in Minto.

Main reason I haven't been to a gym in a long time is I got screwed royally by Fitness First. (so did a few of my mates)

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yeah I used the one down in the near the old pizzahut at the campbelltown mall. It was pretty grim. The current gym I use in Leichardt is pretty tidy most of the time but it does have a number of stereotypical Italians :p

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Loading 400 kg on the leg press doing 3 half reps and walking away leaving the plates on seems to be a universal problem.

Yeah it's a pain in a*se when I'm by myself and have load and unload 300kgs......but you have to do it.
My old gym in Canberra used to have these 50kg plates for the leg press which made things easier. Wish I had them at my current gym.

I really hate the people who stand right at the dumbbell rack and to do their sh*tty bad-form bicep curls. Cutting half the rack off to everyone.

Paki

Juniors
I really hate nerds at the gym who are clearly wasting their time training with no intensity taking up valuable real estate just so they can feel good about themself. If your gunna pay 80 buks a month for a gym membership, train properly or GTFO

Walt Flanigan

Referee
They probably just don't know how. If they're really struggling, I'll strike up a conversation and try and help them out. Which is really what gym staff should do, but I've never seen a lot of that in the various gyms I've been a member of. They'll help if someone asks, but they never appear to be terribly proactive about helping beginners.

BLKOUT!

Juniors
I really hate nerds at the gym who are clearly wasting their time training with no intensity taking up valuable real estate just so they can feel good about themself. If your gunna pay 80 buks a month for a gym membership, train properly or GTFO

Some of my friends are like this. I try to help them out but I guess they think they know what they're doing and generally don't want to hear it. I think it's because I'm pretty big (6'4, 95kgs) and they're all small so they think my advice wouldn't apply to them. I dunno.

They get so into it too but they're getting nowhere. It's a bit douchey of me but I get kinda annoyed when people ask me about my workouts and they join in the conversation like we're gym peers lol, if I was satisfied leaving the gym after a few sets of light smith machine bench press followed by curls and seeing lactic acid as a sign of over-training I'd have a lot more energy in my day to day life. But awell, at least they do legs.. sort of.

Paki

Juniors
Sorry for the rant but I recently joined anytime fitness and it is a little different to my previous gym. Probably shouldve just bought a power rack and went hard at home without having to wait for the bloke squatting 50kgs using a bitch pad.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I think this thread was designed for rants.

I've got a good quality power rack at home which I bought with the intention of giving up gym fees. But I've returned to the gym in the last few months because I kind of missed the social aspect and it gets me out of the house. But I just go either really early in the morning or late at night. I can't deal with all the wankers that go between 5pm and 8pm.

GuardDog

Juniors
I think this thread was designed for rants.

I've got a good quality power rack at home which I bought with the intention of giving up gym fees. But I've returned to the gym in the last few months because I kind of missed the social aspect and it gets me out of the house. But I just go either really early in the morning or late at night. I can't deal with all the wankers that go between 5pm and 8pm.
I have a ? for you. I am looking to set up my own gym in my garage when it is rebuilt consisting mostly a good power cage. Is 120mm reinforced concrete enough to support 400kg of weight(power cage+oly weights)?

Latest posts