What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Nolan Poll

Should we do everything we can within reason to retain Peter Nolan and his team

• Total voters

emjaycee

Coach
Article not exactly accurate - my mail is that he will be here until August although will commute for a while between now and then.

He left the club affective immediately but won't be leaving for Brisbane until August

Might be my bad - i have it that he "will be here until August" meaning at Parra still but Stagger's view may be more accurate.

Might have tendered resignation effective immediately or tendered with notice and told to finish immediately by SS. Not uncommon if going to competitor in any industry.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Family is important. If that's where he wants to be, then so be it.
Now have to try and keep the good work in recruitment and retention going.

This. There are a couple of other clubs with great 'academies'. We've got a lot more cash than the Tigers. Why can't we poach the blokes that run their set up?

Delboy

First Grade
Nolan wanted to stay as he loved the place, but being away so often took a toll on his family and I think his wife just wanted to be close to the children and grand kids who are all in Brisvegas

At the end if the day, you have to give perspective to family life , and from what I know, BA is already getting a replacement and is pretty confident it will end very well for the Eels

Tony Bongo

Bench
Might be my bad - i have it that he "will be here until August" meaning at Parra still but Stagger's view may be more accurate.

Might have tendered resignation effective immediately or tendered with notice and told to finish immediately by SS. Not uncommon if going to competitor in any industry.

Once he finally accepted the Broncos offer it was untenable for him to continue with us. He is staying in Sydney but will be commuting back and forth to Brisbane until they move home in August. He pretty much works for the Broncos already - and boy don't they need him!
I for one appreciate the personal sacrifices both he and his wife made to stick with the club as long as they did, especially considering the amount of upheaval the club has gone through since they arrived.
Nolan's intention was to set up a system/academy to put us in good stead for the future and in my opinion he has most certainly delivered. He started a job he set out to do and saw it through. Let's all hope that whoever replaces him continues where he left off and that we can go from strength to strength from here.

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Don't forget Arthur got his NRL start as an development coach with the storm followed by under 20's coach - so you would assume he should have a good understanding of the importance of having good junior recruitment / structures in place.

Joely01

Bench
Arthur is a coach who will attract talent, if this happened a year or two ago id be much more worried. I think Arthur has everything under control. First time in a while i have been so confident in a coach at our club.

eel speel

Juniors
Once he finally accepted the Broncos offer it was untenable for him to continue with us. He is staying in Sydney but will be commuting back and forth to Brisbane until they move home in August. He pretty much works for the Broncos already - and boy don't they need him!
I for one appreciate the personal sacrifices both he and his wife made to stick with the club as long as they did, especially considering the amount of upheaval the club has gone through since they arrived.
Nolan's intention was to set up a system/academy to put us in good stead for the future and in my opinion he has most certainly delivered. He started a job he set out to do and saw it through. Let's all hope that whoever replaces him continues where he left off and that we can go from strength to strength from here.

Brian smith had already set up an academy back in 1997. Luke Burt was part of that first group of players identified. He called it JETS. worked well for many years.

Lets hope we can get back to identifying our good juniors. I think Arthur , his assistant coaches, Ando and the other recruitment guys like Anthony Field and Craig Wilson look to locking up our good kids.

84 Baby

Referee
Brian smith had already set up an academy back in 1997. Luke Burt was part of that first group of players identified. He called it JETS. worked well for many years.

Lets hope we can get back to identifying our good juniors. I think Arthur , his assistant coaches, Ando and the other recruitment guys like Anthony Field and Craig Wilson look to locking up our good kids.
He does see a lot of kids

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors

It was before back half of 2009 mate he wouldn't remember .

Latest posts