What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Nolan Poll

Should we do everything we can within reason to retain Peter Nolan and his team

• Total voters

Tony Bongo

Bench
On the other site they are saying that he resigned today to go back to the Broncos. Maybe the chance to work with SK again was just too tempting.

No doubt he will be happy to work with Kearney again but it's no use hanging around until the end of the year when the board don't support you. It's a sad day for us but I'm happy for him and his wife that they'll be able to spend more time with their family
I guess it's back to the days of seeing our best up and coming prospects get poached by other clubs. It will be interesting to see who they replace him with - if anyone.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
No doubt he will be happy to work with Kearney again but it's no use hanging around until the end of the year when the board don't support you. It's a sad day for us but I'm happy for him and his wife that they'll be able to spend more time with their family
I guess it's back to the days of seeing our best up and coming prospects get poached by other clubs. It will be interesting to see who they replace him with - if anyone.

Didn't the board support Nolan? What's going on?

Gronk

Staff member

Gee I didn't know he was the only recruitment guy in the business. The Dogs, Roosters, Manly, Storm etc must all fluke their success. :roll:

So basically Brad Arthur, Daniel Anderson, Peter Gentles, Steve Murphy, Justin Holbrook & Brett Cook have NFI and we're doomed ?

#fmd

Tony Bongo

Bench
Didn't the board support Nolan? What's going on?

Just a hunch I had or maybe there was a good reason that I started this poll in the first place? Let's just hope that things continue running smoothly and that the board and Ando have a good replacement strategy.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Gee I didn't know he was the only recruitment guy in the business. The Dogs, Roosters, Manly, Storm etc must all fluke their success. :roll:

So basically Brad Arthur, Daniel Anderson, Peter Gentles, Steve Murphy, Justin Holbrook & Brett Cook have NFI and we're doomed ?

#fmd

How many years have those guys spent as talent scouts or in recruitment or have I missed something on their CV's?

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors

Anyone got a razor blade ? Are you Nolans manager ? FFS so we had some lean years whilst nuffie Rod Reddy was around even Penrith and The Tigers are continuously pumping out the young blokes . Take your pills Tony .

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah and I said I hope they have a good replacement strategy 'merkin'! I look forward to seeing what it is.

Agree, but until then the sky isn't falling and statements like this are just unnecessary hysteria.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Agree, but until then the sky isn't falling and statements like this are just unnecessary hysteria.

Fair call.
Let's hope this turns out to be a move in the right direction - I'm highly sceptical that it is though.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
I doubt very much that they would either stay or be invited to step up but I'm more than happy to be proved wrong. I believe Anthony Field could certainly do the job.

Anthony%20Field%20for%20Ambassadors%20Website%20page%20v2.jpg