What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Nolan Poll

Should we do everything we can within reason to retain Peter Nolan and his team

• Total voters

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I would say they are more like agents than assistants, who are employed by Eels FC.

I am talking about assistants.

Tony Bongo

Bench
I would say they are more like agents than assistants, who are employed by Eels FC.

I am talking about assistants.

I'm pretty sure Craig and Anthony were on our payroll for starters but I'm not certain about others. They had Parramatta Eels business cards. Maybe someone else can confirm either way?

I doubt very much that they would either stay or be invited to step up but I'm more than happy to be proved wrong. I believe Anthony Field could certainly do the job.
I think anthony would be more than happy to stay too, he is settled in Sydney now and just married in the past year, but he has worked with Nolan at the Broncos in the past and was still based in NSW.
Why can't we still have nolan but he be based in Brisbane?

I'm pretty sure Craig and Anthony were on our payroll for starters but I'm not certain about others. They had Parramatta Eels business cards. Maybe someone else can confirm either way?
I was told Anthony was on the pay roll by a pretty good source too.

Tony Bongo

Bench
I think anthony would be more than happy to stay too, he is settled in Sydney now and just married in the past year, but he has worked with Nolan at the Broncos in the past and was still based in NSW.
Why can't we still have nolan but he be based in Brisbane?

I've been told that Anthony and Craig are both staying which is good news. The question now is who replaces Nolan?

Eelementary

Post Whore
I've been told that Anthony and Craig are both staying which is good news. The question now is who replaces Nolan?

Ok, ok - I'll do it. I can't take any more of this pressure.

When do I start?

How does Anthony Tupou for six years at $500,000 p.a. sound?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Everyone have a Bex and a good lie down...i'm sure the sky won't fall and we'll get a good replacement.

Is...is that a no on Tupou, then?

Ok, how about this: there is this awesome player I've heard of. A five-eighth. Name of Jason Wehbe. Next big thing.

How about him on a six-year deal?

emjaycee

Coach
No doubt he will be happy to work with Kearney again but it's no use hanging around until the end of the year when the board don't support you. It's a sad day for us but I'm happy for him and his wife that they'll be able to spend more time with their family
I guess it's back to the days of seeing our best up and coming prospects get poached by other clubs. It will be interesting to see who they replace him with - if anyone.

Just a hunch I had or maybe there was a good reason that I started this poll in the first place? Let's just hope that things continue running smoothly and that the board and Ando have a good replacement strategy.

Fair call.
Let's hope this turns out to be a move in the right direction - I'm highly sceptical that it is though.

So Tony, are you claiming that Nolan was pushed out of the club?
Seems to be what your posts are insinuating.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bongo is right fieldsy and Wilson are staying...

Just on Nolan, the broncos offer was a continuing offer and had it on the table for a while, they obviously wanted him bad...in the last 12-18 months he had offers from the 2 other nrl clubs and 1 super 15 club..and he knocked them back!

Tony Bongo

Bench
So Tony, are you claiming that Nolan was pushed out of the club?
Seems to be what your posts are insinuating.

4.17% of those who responded to this poll did not see the value in keeping Nolan on. I know of a couple of others in that minority who share their opinion. Sadly they have more influence than Snake and Gary.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Family is important. If that's where he wants to be, then so be it.
Now have to try and keep the good work in recruitment and retention going.

emjaycee

Coach
4.17% of those who responded to this poll did not see the value in keeping Nolan on. I know of a couple of others in that minority who share their opinion. Sadly they have more influence than Snake and Gary.

Who are these unnamed people of whom you speak Tony?