What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Nolan

Tone

Juniors
Peter Nolan is a clone of Wayne Bennett, and it was Bennetts close ties with SK that got Nolan to Parramatta.

SDM

First Grade
I would put Big Hoppa on crowd control, he can take drunks around the back and give them a hiding in the CCTV blackspot.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It did, and IMO it's the reason why he is coming here, I don't believe SK is a factor and he wanting to play under him.

Well considering you hate the people running the club, of course you wouldn't believe that.

You can talk all you want about players coming for money (do they leave their own clubs for any other reason?) but you have to ask yourself why money wasn't good enough to lure any stars to the club before Kearney arrived.

Last year we got Tahu, Poore and Shackleton - 3 players we didn't really need. Plus it cost us a fortune to keep Mortimer.

Whether you like it or not the club is going forward under Kearney. If you want to call it a coincidence, more power to you.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
Well considering you hate the people running the club, of course you wouldn't believe that.

Where did I say I hate the people running the club??? I have no issue with SK, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he brings success back to the club.

You can talk all you want about players coming for money (do they leave their own clubs for any other reason?) but you have to ask yourself why money wasn't good enough to lure any stars to the club before Kearney arrived.

Once again, where did I say that??? I said IMO I believe he came to the club because we gave his old man a job, even blind Freddy will tell you his old man is pulling the strings.

Last year we got Tahu, Poore and Shackleton - 3 players we didn't really need. Plus it cost us a fortune to keep Mortimer.

We picked up Poore and Shack midway in 09 during a period where our forward pack was an issue and DA looked to address that, it was only after those signings did we see Fui come out as a battering ram and Caylo playing to his strength with his offloading ability hell even Lowrie improved by 100%.

And in regards to Tahu, there weren't too many complaints when we signed him, it's unfortunate that the club does not have a crystal ball where we could have seen how much of a dud signing he and Mortimer become.

Whether you like it or not the club is going forward under Kearney. If you want to call it a coincidence, more power to you.

Like I said I have no issue with Kearney, and I hope he can bring success to this club, not everyone on the forum has an agenda. I just find it a bit rich that everyone assumes its all Kearney. With all the hype that is surrounded by Kearney you would think he was coach of the century and every single contracted NRL player was looking for a way out of there contracts to play under him.

Eels Dude

Coach

Well we needed them at the time. I don't get your point it's somewhat contradictory. You're saying we couldn't lure players to the club before Kearney came along but then bring up 3 prime examples of great recruitment in the past?

Stagger eel

Staff member
I remember speaking to a director about Nolan at a junior rep gameearlier this year and he explainedto me how he was feeling a bit skeptical about bribing him to parra until he sat down and had a chat to him at a game, he said Nolan had great knowledge just about every junior rep player at ball and Mathews level in the comp, so director pointed at a randam player at the opposition (I think he said Souths) and Nolan without lookingat his program told him the players name, he's family background and Footy background prior to his junior rep career, he even had his stats down pat..he did the same to another player, the guy is not only great at identifying talant but knows the players background and upbringing, I'd like someone to convince me at this stage, why this guy wouldn't be great for this club

Last edited:
I remember speaking to a director about Nolan at a junior rep gameearlier this year and he explainedto me how he was feeling a bit skeptical about bribing him to parra until he sat down and had a chat to him at a game, he said Nolan had great knowledge just about every junior rep player at ball and Mathews level in the comp, so director pointed at a randam player at the opposition (I think he said Souths) and Nolan without lookingat his program told him the players name, he's family background and Footy background prior to his junior rep career, he even had his stats down pat..he did the same to another player, the guy is not only great at identifying talant but knows the players background and upbringing, I'd like someone to convince me at this stage, why this guy wouldn't be great for this club

excellent!!!

MrT

Juniors

that's unreal, if only he could predict what their future first grade stats would be

Gronk

Staff member
Should have hired Middleton instead

Can she play ?

Kate-Middleton-100x100.jpg

Eels Dude

Coach

Why does he need to look at stats? Cannot he identify talent from his own eyes? If he gets the sack i recommend Poupou to take over the role