What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

Wb1234

Referee
Like Storm80 said, perhaps if clubs and RLPA trusted the NRL to do business smartly and grow the game they wouldn't demand so much.... surely you of all people can understand that lol
Dce and the clubs can’t run a chook raffle

each should focus on their own jobs before worrying about other peoples jobs

siv

First Grade
Interesting thing is with more and more clubs being owned by private owners or investment groups then I'm sure they'd all like their clubs to be more profitable so their personal bank balances grow.
NRL should not be increasing the grant any further without placing some kpi's on the extra funding use.
Clubs are now profitable on the grant they get. Why should the NRL take money from other areas of the games development just to increase clubs profits further?
KPIs are already in place

Player salary cap must be spent on the 30+6 players

Football operations cap is paid to the coaches & support staff

There is your minimum spend

Jamberoo

Juniors
4100 registered players, NRl investing in NRLWA, faves for club 18 and a state Govt funding the games being played. Yes of course its the same thing lol
Hey PR, can you help me with where the 4100 players are actually playing? 4100 players would mean around 240 teams (at 17 per team) - what leagues are there besides NRL WA which has around 50 teams in their website?

Wb1234

Referee
Broncos and Raiders had too many stars though, remember the rabble made up of ARL players who turned out for Origin in 95?
Yeh I was there as fattys boys won the first game so some rabble they were

I also remember super league stuffing up origin by including New Zealand in it.

remember that ?

then Andrew johns saved rugby league and reminded everyone why it’s such a good game

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hey PR, can you help me with where the 4100 players are actually playing? 4100 players would mean around 240 teams (at 17 per team) - what leagues are there besides NRL WA which has around 50 teams in their website?
You do know that clubs run various teams from u5’s upwards male and female don’t you? 26 clubs in WA. That’s an avg of around 8 teams per club.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Pistol Pete “sorry lads I fcked up the tv deal and it’s cost us $200mill a year”
Clubs and players “that’s ok Pete, give us everything the game has and we’ll let you keep your job”
Pistol Pete “phew, thanks lads, here you go”

Storm80

Juniors

Fletcher should let uncle Wayne do the talking on this

Roy Masters article suggests Club CEOs are doing their jobs and demanding transparency on NRL financials.

Then you got secondary nsw clubs like the bears and Newtown voting in their interests to avoid a national reserve grade competition.

It’s almost like all my rants about Sydney centric decision making always being the Achilles heal on rugby league are 100% spot on.

What a shit show

Who did your mob side with?

🤔

Reds and Cowboys had no choice but to sign with News Ltd as the flight and accommodation costs heaped upon them by the NSWRL Expansion Committee -- at the behest of the NSWRL clubs -- were too much to bear. For the Cowboys it was $800k per year for the flights and accommodation of their teams and all opponents who travelled to Townsville. Cowboys also had to fund the development of the stadium at The Willows.

I don't blame the the eight clubs who sided with News Ltd. They did what was best for them.

Interesting thing is with more and more clubs being owned by private owners or investment groups then I'm sure they'd all like their clubs to be more profitable so their personal bank balances grow.
NRL should not be increasing the grant any further without placing some kpi's on the extra funding use.
Clubs are now profitable on the grant they get. Why should the NRL take money from other areas of the games development just to increase clubs profits further?
Now is the perfect time to relocate a few clubs. If they want the grant to be increased then the weakest teams can f**k off to Adelaide (Sharks), Wollongong (Dragons), New Zealand (Bulldogs) and Brisbane (Tigers). Then bring in the Pirates.

Canard

Immortal

Is that how it works with local Aussie Rules?(genuine question)

They just register the bare minimum of players and that's one club? So there is no age based grades of footy organised by the one club?

Latest posts