What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

Perth Red

Post Whore
Category one origin tickets here are over 300 lol

gf the same
Paid $180 for origin tickets and $100 for gf tickets in similar stadium positions. It’s nonsense to say locals in perth or melbourne won’t pay the same price for gf tickets as Sydney people.

Wb1234

Immortal
Paid $180 for origin tickets and $100 for gf tickets in similar stadium positions. It’s nonsense to say locals in perth or melbourne won’t pay the same price for gf tickets as Sydney people.
Brisbane don’t pay as much as we do for origin tickets

Regardless of the 'will fans travel to a GF' argument, it's honestly pretty poor that the location for the 2023 Grand Final is only being confirmed in late July. Also the fact it's a one year deal means it will be in a similar situation to this year unless the NRL wrap up next years (and possibly beyond) quickly.

If the GF was to move around, it would be best practice to have the location known by the start of the season. Hell, the Super Bowl locations are usually known a couple of years in advance.

Indeed. The NFL have already assigned venues up to and including the 2026 Superbowl.

Also the NFL no longer have cities submit bids for the Superbowl. They changed the selection process a few years back, I believe due to COVID.

wazdog

Juniors

Iamback

Coach
You talking about the GF being played outside Sydney? The NRL GF is cheap as chips. They could charge double in Melbourne, Perth or Brisbane and sell it out.

It takes months to sell out Origins, it cost me $240 to sit in line with the corner post.

Those seats are 20-30m further back in Perth and Melbourne no way they get $480 for those in oval venues.

Brisbane maybe but you don't have 30k General Public tickets like you do in Sydney

Perth Red

Post Whore
Which is part of the on demand pricing, If it is any mix of the current top 4. Who make it then will be cheaper than it was last year

Given enough fans won't travel, That likely is the standard price if it is somewhere else.
So doesn’t matter where it is, more who’s playing in it? There is a argument that two non Sydney teams playing in perth will sell much better than in Sydney given most fans from that city are neutrals and will go regardless of whose playing.

anyway point remains if nsw arent going to spend on stadiums put it on the open market and get the best return on it, as well as take a big step in front of afl in regards to making the game national.

Jamberoo

Juniors
It takes months to sell out Origins, it cost me $240 to sit in line with the corner post.

Those seats are 20-30m further back in Perth and Melbourne no way they get $480 for those in oval venues.

Brisbane maybe but you don't have 30k General Public tickets like you do in Sydney
I got a family ticket for 2017 for under $100 the Tuesday before. You won’t have to do that in Melbourne, Brisbane or Perth. The other GF that I am not allowed to mention charges $350 for the worst GF ticket (back row top deck) and there is no opportunity for the general public to attend. The MCG would sellout in quick time for a one off NRL GF, even if priced same as the other GF. The NRL would double their revenue.

Iamback

Coach
I got a family ticket for 2017 for under $100 the Tuesday before. You won’t have to do that in Melbourne, Brisbane or Perth. The other GF that I am not allowed to mention charges $350 for the worst GF ticket (back row top deck) and there is no opportunity for the general public to attend. The MCG would sellout in quick time for a one off NRL GF, even if priced same as the other GF. The NRL would double their revenue.

Again that is 2 out of team supporters, NRL goes on a firesale to sell the tickets in that case, Remember Ticketek holds back tickets. That is done for NRL or the event organiser

Ask Parra and Panthers what they paid last year.

Nosebleed seats were $79.

We will see with Origin next year, my tip is it well sellout a few weeks before

Latest posts