What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

Chimp

Bench
Steve Mascord has just released an article saying that on the back of the Vegas season launch, he is aware of marketing companies doing work on marketing materials for Origin 1 at Wembley in 2025.
That would be a guaranteed sell out, and I’d presume a bumper pay day, particularly if there is a payment from the U.K. to hold the event (that payment certainly wouldn’t be coming from Super League, who barley have a pack of pencil crayons and a colouring book to their name).

• Wow
Reactions: Vee

Wb1234

Immortal
Steve Mascord has just released an article saying that on the back of the Vegas season launch, he is aware of marketing companies doing work on marketing materials for Origin 1 at Wembley in 2025.
That would be a guaranteed sell out, and I’d presume a bumper pay day, particularly if there is a payment from the U.K. to hold the event (that payment certainly wouldn’t be coming from Super League, who barley have a pack of pencil crayons and a colouring book to their name).
I called for an origin in Wembley 10 years ago lol

it would also give the English game a massive boost and raise the profile of rugby league internationally

hope this happens

Canard

Immortal

I can't see how any logistics would work for this?

TV and player travel and recovery being the biggest hurdles.

And wouldn't an Australian V England Test match have more wide appeal to Londoners?

Canard

Immortal
What is the value in one off events like this?

The Wallabies just played the All Blacks in front of 80k at the MCG on Saturday, and hardly anyone in Melbourne (or Sydney for that matter) gave two f**ks.

And it's done less then zero to raise the profile of the sport.

Chimp

Bench
What is the value in one off events like this?

The Wallabies just played the All Blacks in front of 80k at the MCG on Saturday, and hardly anyone in Melbourne (or Sydney for that matter) gave two f**ks.

And it's done less then zero to raise the profile of the sport.
Whilst I’d love it to be ‘massive for the English game’, the truth is, it will have zero long term impact, unless it’s part of something way bigger (like an NRL takeover of super league). It will sell out, the Super League fans will flock to see the pinnacle of RL (origin would definitely be a bigger draw than England v Aus, purely because it’s an event very few would ever get to see), and Origin is held in very high regard, but it won’t have any long term impact. The problems in super league are significant, there’s no money in the game, and even the greatest of marketing ploys won’t fix the deep routed issues. Right from the community game which is at an all time low in terms of numbers of teams and participation levels, through to Super League where a large number of players could earn more money laying bricks on a building site. There’s very little corporate money coming in, even at the very top level.
Origin at Wembley will be awesome though! And I genuinely mean that.

Iamback

Coach
manly and warringah?

Manly is Hugh Jackman - Has Scott Penn's US contacts too

Souths - Russell Crowe - Mike Cannon-Brookes owns an NBA team. Also has US contacts

BRISBANE

Sydney Roosters

being involved is a good starting point

As opposed to Penrith, St George and other random places the yanks won't know