What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

Given the State bodies are stakeholders in the ARLC, There would be reasons for the holdup... lets sue instead of sorting them out.

My take on that article is the NSWRL and QRL are spitting the dummy as the ARLC said "no" to their requests for more funds.

Iamback

Coach
My take on that article is the NSWRL and QRL are spitting the dummy as the ARLC said "no" to their requests for more funds.

From the articles at the end of last year that seem to be the case with QRL, The Cowboys and Titans wanting to run their own feeder team but they wanted funding.

Not sure what is the NSWRL issue

Canard

Immortal
From the articles at the end of last year that seem to be the case with QRL, The Cowboys and Titans wanting to run their own feeder team but they wanted funding.

I would hazard a guess its 100% to do with this:

ARLC chairman Peter V’landys said the NRL wanted to get back to investing in country rugby league, but he signalled he wanted to invest directly with local clubs rather than the state leagues.

Seems he doesn't believe the NSWRL and QRL can be trusted to do this work.

I cant really comment on that, but I would assume it would require a whole lot of extra administration cost and personnel within the NRL to carry out this function.

Iamback

Coach
I would hazard a guess its 100% to do with this:

Seems he doesn't believe the NSWRL and QRL can be trusted to do this work.

I cant really comment on that, but I would assume it would require a whole lot of extra administration cost and personnel within the NRL to carry out this function.

In theory the Clubs should do it better,

Who better to decide where Cairns needs the money then Northern Pride over a pencil pusher in Brisbane.

So it makes sense, How it is administrated is key though.

Wb1234

Referee
See where it sits this financial year, This was Fletchers prediction in Nov.

10% lower and dropping, That is the case across the board
Ten milion profit pa from that hotel is nice

hopefully the arlc hotel assets do similar returns

Perth Red

Post Whore
No, I was talking of membership numbers and why they are high because of rules of living proximity.

I never mentioned "cheap" feeds, in fact none of them that I frequent are cheap to eat at.
Again I ask you to stop playing children's games, is it really that hard for you to not twist things?
Apologies, what else do they go for then when you said this? 'not everyone goes to a club for the pokies'.
Reality is LC exist for pokie revenue, not for providing food and shows. Thats just a spin off to get people in the door.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Certain clubs now have things like Child play centres inside them... but he will still pedal the pokie den lie to down play the game
Such bastions of community wellbeing lol. Thats to stop pokie addicted parents leaving their kids in the cars in the car park!

I have mates in the Industry too. They have Origin or UFC or something on and you can't get near a TV and the bar lines are huge.

As such gaming areas are turning into sports bars

No one has cash for a coffee, Let alone pokies these days
haha which LC's are taking more in food and drink than gambling?

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore

It clearly states it in the article. Funding has reduced and funding was not confirmed in the agreed time period.

Last edited:

Maximus

Coach
In theory the Clubs should do it better,

Who better to decide where Cairns needs the money then Northern Pride over a pencil pusher in Brisbane.

So it makes sense, How it is administrated is key though.

How does it make sense for some pencil pusher at NRL HQ in Sydney to decide for the entirety of QLD and NSW?

Perth Red

Post Whore
How does it make sense for some pencil pusher at NRL HQ in Sydney to decide for the entirety of QLD and NSW?
Looking at whats happened here since WARL lost its independence and NRLWA took over in WA Id be fighting damn hard if I was QRL and NSWRL to not have NRLHQ running the whole show!

Canard

Immortal
Some LU posters, just immediately take the NRLs side on everything.

I swear they must text "U up?" to PVL at 2am on Saturday.

Iamback

Coach
Some LU posters, just immediately take the NRLs side on everything.

I swear they must text "U up?" to PVL at 2am on Saturday.

The clue was in the article.

The NRL put $400m aside to spend, So it isn't like there is no money there.

Latest posts