What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

Heisenberg

Juniors
Actually the N stands for different countries in the those leagues.

The N in NBA is referring to USA which expanded to add Canadian teams

The N in NHL is referring to Canada which expanded to add USA teams.
That’s quite interesting, I had no idea.

It supports the point, no need to change the NRL brand.

Fangs

Coach
We never improved due to his urge to tinker with the team.

Dogs will be no different. Hover in the bottom of the top 8 until the board has enough and moves him on

That's a half truth.

If Gus leaves then Penrith absolutely do not improve under Griffin. Teams led by Hook were always a total rabble, we have three clubs to prove it.

He isn't above criticism but he is hardly bad for Canterbury. He is exactly what they need for another few years at least. Again the story of Canterbury is not about their first grade side it's about what is happening underneath it.

Iamback

Coach
That's a half truth.

If Gus leaves then Penrith absolutely do not improve under Griffin. Teams led by Hook were always a total rabble, we have three clubs to prove it.

He isn't above criticism but he is hardly bad for Canterbury. He is exactly what they need for another few years at least. Again the story of Canterbury is not about their first grade side it's about what is happening underneath it.

Well Ivan was fired because Gus wanted it.
Hook was hired because Gus wanted it.

Does either happen IF the board makes the decisions?

I didn't say he was bad for them. Just they won't win a comp while he is there as they will always chase the next new shiny toy

Fangs

Coach
Well Ivan was fired because Gus wanted it.
Hook was hired because Gus wanted it.

Does either happen IF the board makes the decisions?

I didn't say he was bad for them. Just they won't win a comp while he is there as they will always chase the next new shiny toy

Him firing and hiring coaches is his job. Griffin was a f**k up.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Him firing and hiring coaches is his job. Griffin was a f**k up.
Gus got things moving in the right direction but when you actually step back and look at some of his calls you have to wonder how much was luck. Griffin, Making Corey Payne CEO hahaha, sacking Ivan, the awful deals for RCG and Blake, allowing party boy Moylan to be captain. The list goes on

Fangs

Coach
Gus got things moving in the right direction but when you actually step back and look at some of his calls you have to wonder how much was luck. Griffin, Making Corey Payne CEO hahaha, sacking Ivan, the awful deals for RCG and Blake, allowing party boy Moylan to be captain. The list goes on

Nothing wrong with criticism.

But when you say got things moving you are talking about an avalanche. Everyone said Penrith was a sleeping giant for as long as I could remember. His contribution was massive and arguably the most important.

With Ivan there is a prediction involved. He stays on as coach and 2016-2018 is a more fruitful period for us. I actually don't think that would have happened for a few reasons.

Ivan never would have debuted his son that young. He is on record saying that too. And it would stand to reason that other juniors wouldn't have come into firsts that quickly either then. It's one of the only things that Hook actually should get praise for.

Also I'm not even convinced we make the 8 in 2016 under Ivan. That would be 2 years on the trot missing. 2017 we had the Tyrone May incident. Does Ivan make the finals that year too? By this stage we are seriously talking about his position as head coach like any other club does.

Iamback

Coach
Nothing wrong with criticism.

But when you say got things moving you are talking about an avalanche. Everyone said Penrith was a sleeping giant for as long as I could remember. His contribution was massive and arguably the most important.

With Ivan there is a prediction involved. He stays on as coach and 2016-2018 is a more fruitful period for us. I actually don't think that would have happened for a few reasons.

Ivan never would have debuted his son that young. He is on record saying that too. And it would stand to reason that other juniors wouldn't have come into firsts that quickly either then. It's one of the only things that Hook actually should get praise for.

Also I'm not even convinced we make the 8 in 2016 under Ivan. That would be 2 years on the trot missing. 2017 we had the Tyrone May incident. Does Ivan make the finals that year too? By this stage we are seriously talking about his position as head coach like any other club does.

Even if you are right that Ivan wouldn't made the finals in 2016, They would of done an application process not take the word of a neighbour in the case of Griffin

That is my point. At some stage Gus is going to trend on some toes and be out the door... that is when the Dogs will take that next step

Fangs

Coach
Even if you are right that Ivan wouldn't made the finals in 2016, They would of done an application process not take the word of a neighbour in the case of Griffin

That is my point. At some stage Gus is going to trend on some toes and be out the door... that is when the Dogs will take that next step

The Griffin call was bad.

He fell out with a lot of past coaches so it's not unreasonable to think it will happen again. But this might be his last chance to win a premiership as a puppet coach. Old dog needs to lift.

Fangs

Coach
Gus had a handshake with Wayne Bennett

So it’s a wash in him v Ivan Cleary

But that could’ve meant Nathan going to the tigers to play under his dad

That's the other issue. Or back to NZ where they spent a great deal of time.

Too many ways it could have played out.