What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

Colk

First Grade
I did a little research and compared the Panthers lineup from the 2021 grand final to this one. 8 players played in that first win of their streak and they are still here.

The salary cap has failed. You should not be able to be gunning for your 4th consecutive premiership without losing more players.

Rugby league competitiveness today is as one dimensional as it was when the Dragons were winning every year. The NRL must make big changes.

V'landys must do something here. Step in and show some leadership. What is worse is even if the Panthers lose...the winner will be the same team that last won it before them! This is not good enough in a modern professional salary capped sport.

It’s simple - a salary cap doesn’t work in isolation and even more so if you allow third parties to get involved

Interesting part of a recent article

“The NRL has also floated the introduction of a conference system and a draft. It also has ambitions to expand the NRLW competition and boost the profile of the Pacific Championships. There’s also the Las Vegas play – a move designed to create more value for an international streaming service.”

Again I am not a massive fan of a draft per se but it shows that the ARLC are at least aware of the issue

Iamback

Coach
It’s simple - a salary cap doesn’t work in isolation and even more so if you allow third parties to get involved

Interesting part of a recent article

“The NRL has also floated the introduction of a conference system and a draft. It also has ambitions to expand the NRLW competition and boost the profile of the Pacific Championships. There’s also the Las Vegas play – a move designed to create more value for an international streaming service.”

Again I am not a massive fan of a draft per se but it shows that the ARLC are at least aware of the issue

So you get several teams trying to lose or you have players just going to play in other competitions.

Draft won't work in RL

Iamback

Coach
I did a little research and compared the Panthers lineup from the 2021 grand final to this one. 8 players played in that first win of their streak and they are still here.

The salary cap has failed. You should not be able to be gunning for your 4th consecutive premiership without losing more players.

Rugby league competitiveness today is as one dimensional as it was when the Dragons were winning every year. The NRL must make big changes.

V'landys must do something here. Step in and show some leadership. What is worse is even if the Panthers lose...the winner will be the same team that last won it before them! This is not good enough in a modern professional salary capped sport.

So in 3 years losing 50% of your team or 75% of the 30 man squad isn't good enough?

Colk

First Grade
So you get several teams trying to lose or you have players just going to play in other competitions.

Draft won't work in RL

Read what you want to read

soc123_au

Staff member

Not bad. 3.5 Goldenrods out of 5. I've missed you <3

kurt faulk

Coach

The nfl is geared up to help the lower teams. All salaries are public knowledge. There is a draft every year. The lower teams get first dibs on any first contract players that are cut.

Guess what, there are good teams and bad teams. The good teams stay good and the bad teams stay bad. That usually correlates to good front offices compared to bad front offices. Also, the good teams have good qbs and the bad teams don't have one.

Latest posts