What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

Wb1234

Referee
I can't see that literally written there.

That was also in 2021, I'm not up on what's happening this season
What your not getting is the afl cut spending to players by 70 million plus which they haven’t paid back

the nrl has paid back most of the cuts players took during covid

Vlandys made sure during covid clubs got record money, players got looked after and he still made a profit

there’s no way anyone can spin that as other the. Superb management

Jamberoo

Juniors
f**k afl. Sydney is a city of 5 million people that prides itself on diversity. You're always going to have weirdos supporting stupid things.

If you want to discuss afl I'm sure there's forums for that.
Yes but this is the PVL thread and he is obsessed with AFL. The chip on his shoulder means he has to mention them every time he speaks about RL, and has to mention Melbourne‘s Spring Racing carnival every time he speak about hose racing. He mentioned AFL numerous times in the recent article that we are discussing.

Perth Red

Post Whore
That is how I took it, Why pay someone like Accor a few grand a year to stay when you can stay in your own place. The General Public using it is an advantage
Millions? Lol where the frick are they staying? It’s more like $120k for 12 visiting teams plus magic weekend. And good luck putting them all in the same hotel for magic weekend!

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore

Iamback

Coach
Millions? Lol where the frick are they staying? It’s more like $120k for 12 visiting teams plus magic weekend. And good luck putting them all in the same hotel for magic weekend!

And the players and Journos for Origin? Interstate teams don't play at Suncorp?

$300 a room adds up

MugaB

Coach
Funnily enough he backed off on that, can’t even stick to his convinctions.
Publically.... but im sure he still is a true believer... there's a hate between these codes that transfers into the respective city bases, doesn't happen much in Brissy, so im fairly sure it wouldnt in perth either, but if you live in sydney and follow league, your not a fan of anything Melbourne related... AFL especially, and vice versa... its probably why your so open to compare and talk about AFL so much

What your not getting is the afl cut spending to players by 70 million plus which they haven’t paid back

the nrl has paid back most of the cuts players took during covid

Vlandys made sure during covid clubs got record money, players got looked after and he still made a profit

there’s no way anyone can spin that as other the. Superb management
If he had any brains and balls then he would have used it as an opportunity to let clubs like Cronulla and Wests fall over so the ARLC could take control of their licences and relocate them to new markets. That would help Bulldogs and Dragons become strong again over the next 20 years and the Sharks and Tigers brands could grow in new markets. Opportunity lost.

Perth Red

Post Whore
And the players and Journos for Origin? Interstate teams don't play at Suncorp?

$300 a room adds up
If they’re paying $300 for an accor room they need to investigate their accountant lol he said it was costing millions!
11 nrl games teams, origin and magic weekend for the hangers on. The cost savings would be negligible, not to mention the lost revenue filling the hotel at premium time with nrl people. it’s the very last reason they would be spending $25mill on a hotel lol.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yet you have provided no links when asked repeatly, You don't think the clubs and players wouldn't of done their checks?

They want cash
Lol wookie showed the graph that shows over last ten years afl has earnt an extra $2billion revenue. And I’ve shown you where the media deals are going to deliver them an extra $700mill revenue plus other revenue differences nearer $1billion I suspect between now and 2028. But yeh let’s all hail the nrl for reaching a record $600 mill revenue lol. We could be $3billion behind them over 15 years. But yeh lets celebrate.

next year the revenue gap will only be around $250million, go pistol Pete!

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Publically.... but im sure he still is a true believer... there's a hate between these codes that transfers into the respective city bases, doesn't happen much in Brissy, so im fairly sure it wouldnt in perth either, but if you live in sydney and follow league, your not a fan of anything Melbourne related... AFL especially, and vice versa... its probably why your so open to compare and talk about AFL so much
I hate union, that’s it. Other codes I don’t follow except NFL but I do like to see how they go about their business compared to us.

Reactions: Vee
Yes but this is the PVL thread and he is obsessed with AFL. The chip on his shoulder means he has to mention them every time he speaks about RL, and has to mention Melbourne‘s Spring Racing carnival every time he speak about hose racing. He mentioned AFL numerous times in the recent article that we are discussing.
It reminds me of the WWF vs WCW war in the 90s. Bischoff would mention WWF regularly on Nitro, whereas McMahon never mentioned WCW on Raw. WWF won in 2001.

Iamback

Coach
If they’re paying $300 for an accor room they need to look investigate their accountant lol he said it was costing millions!
11 nrl games teams, origin and magic weekend for the hangers on. The cost savings would be negligible, not to mention the lost revenue filling the hotel at premium time with nrl people. it’s the very last reason they would be spending $25mill on a hotel lol.
If they’re paying $300 for an accor room they need to investigate their accountant lol he said it was costing millions!

So Tony McGrath good enough to be a Partner KPMG, Not good enough to know a hotel is a good purchase... Makes sense

Lol wookie showed the graph that shows over last ten years afl has earnt an extra $2billion revenue. And I’ve shown you where the media deals are going to deliver them an extra $700mill revenue plus other revenue differences nearer $1billion I suspect between now and 2028. But yeh let’s all hail the nrl for reaching a record $600 mill revenue lol. We could be $3billion behind them over 15 years. But yeh lets celebrate.
If we got what AwFuL gets we could make the NSW Cup, Queensland Cup and BRL full-time professional competitions to improve player depth and pave the way for a 20 team NRL.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So Tony McGrath good enough to be a Partner KPMG, Not good enough to know a hotel is a good purchase... Makes sense
Never said it wasnt a good investment, I said mr fantasy claiming it would save the nrl millions on player hotel costs was a joke, which it is. It would be negligible, if they even use it for that purpose which I doubt given it’s up market and the last thing other guests want is nrl players shtting in their corridor.