What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

As someone who was on one of those buses, it wasn’t cap.

Shanghai is a merkin to navigate, it’s 2x smaller than Sydney, 1.5x smaller than Melbourne, but with the population of Australia. Hated whenever I had to go there.
Lol they claimed 10,000 went to wrong ground .

if the bus holds about 50 passengers then that’s 200 buses .
lol
just lol 200 drivers who don’t know where a stadium is in their city .😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

It was a massive lie ;just like every other lie they told about China

Iamback

Coach
I’m one of those funny guys who wants to see a proposal before I shoot it down. Like you I don’t mind us having a go at it. Great for the news cycle and it’s upset all the usual negative twats who infest here so it’s already a winner from that point of view.

Funny those same twats were anti Redcliffe, Magic Round and so on.

As for the proposal, exactly any number of C grade celebrities/Athletes with a profile that love the game.

Off the Top of my head.

An ex Rabbitohs NYC player, played in the Super Bowl.

UFC have Bam Bam ( an lower grader at Penrith and Roosters), owns a brewery with Cleary

Volk - another former player

Both have contacts to sponsors etc.

Jim Jefferies - Has committed to putting money into the Bears if they get up.

Tim Tzuyzu had a world title fight against an American - promoted by George Rose.

Patty Mills loves the Broncos.

Murdoch - we know Fox's reach.

Then of course Rusty Crowe is known.

I am sure guys like Nick Politis, Cannon-Brooks and others have business links.

It isn't going to be big or anything.

Take Samoa in the World Cup, We saw particularly mormons in the US getting behind them.

Now if a few sponsors get on board through exposure, Maybe a small TV deal for tests.

Even something like $2m a year, It is huge for the game but still very very small on the US Sport scale.

That to me is the aim, Get a very very small piece of the pie but for the game is huge moving forward

Iamback

Coach
Club football might actually have more potential in expanding overseas than the rep teams.

The US rep team is obviously shit and it is a tough sell to ask locals to support a different country.

At least here, locals can be asked to follow the Broncos or the Rabbits. (Not too different to Sydney RL fans picking random teams instead of their local team)

International RL needs money, US, Oil money etc. Any exposure helps

wazdog

Juniors
Funny those same twats were anti Redcliffe, Magic Round and so on.

As for the proposal, exactly any number of C grade celebrities/Athletes with a profile that love the game.

Off the Top of my head.

An ex Rabbitohs NYC player, played in the Super Bowl.

UFC have Bam Bam ( an lower grader at Penrith and Roosters), owns a brewery with Cleary

Volk - another former player

Both have contacts to sponsors etc.

Jim Jefferies - Has committed to putting money into the Bears if they get up.

Tim Tzuyzu had a world title fight against an American - promoted by George Rose.

Patty Mills loves the Broncos.

Murdoch - we know Fox's reach.

Then of course Rusty Crowe is known.

I am sure guys like Nick Politis, Cannon-Brooks and others have business links.

It isn't going to be big or anything.

Take Samoa in the World Cup, We saw particularly mormons in the US getting behind them.

Now if a few sponsors get on board through exposure, Maybe a small TV deal for tests.

Even something like $2m a year, It is huge for the game but still very very small on the US Sport scale.

That to me is the aim, Get a very very small piece of the pie but for the game is huge moving forward

Let's not forget Rza of the legendary Wu Tang Clan who was repping the Bunnies at their Sydney show, Snoop (Russell got him on board but also singed to Menulog's parent company) and The Kid Laroi.

Then you've got The Rock, who promoted Samoa last RL World Cup and Hugh Jackman.

Not everyone I've mentioned loves the game but I'm sure they'd get around it!

Iamback

Coach
Let's not forget Rza of the legendary Wu Tang Clan who was repping the Bunnies at their Sydney show, Snoop (Russell got him on board but also singed to Menulog's parent company) and The Kid Laroi.

Then you've got The Rock, who promoted Samoa last RL World Cup and Hugh Jackman.

Not everyone I've mentioned loves the game but I'm sure they'd get around it!

That is it. The aim will to get some rich people involved not have it the lead story on Sportcenter or anything

Perth Red

Post Whore
Colossal waste of time and money. No CBA still, no international calendar, Club18 to be decided, halting the decline in grassroots, far more important things for the game to be focusing on.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Lol they claimed 10,000 went to wrong ground .

if the bus holds about 50 passengers then that’s 200 buses .
lol
just lol 200 drivers who don’t know where a stadium is in their city .😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

It was a massive lie ;just like every other lie they told about China
I mean, I was literally part of a fleet of buses f**king off the wrong way, me and my mates just had the sense to jump out in traffic and grab a Didi (Chinese Uber)

Oh, and bus drivers in China are f**king morons. Blokes who would’ve scored in the bottom 2% of their Y10 equivalent exams if they even went to school at all. The dregs who live in Shanghai aren’t from Shanghai, mainly from rural villages sending money back to their family.

*source - I’m ethnically Chinese and lived there for a big portion of the last decade.

Pneuma

First Grade
I mean, I was literally part of a fleet of buses f**king off the wrong way, me and my mates just had the sense to jump out in traffic and grab a Didi (Chinese Uber)

Oh, and bus drivers in China are f**king morons. Blokes who would’ve scored in the bottom 2% of their Y10 equivalent exams if they even went to school at all. The dregs who live in Shanghai aren’t from Shanghai, mainly from rural villages sending money back to their family.

*source - I’m ethnically Chinese and lived there for a big portion of the last decade.
This isn’t one of your better posts.

So how many buses were there .You said a fleet without addressing what I posted about 10,000 lol lol lol supposedly went to wrong ground.
so a fleet is what?

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
So how many buses were there .You said a fleet without addressing what I posted about 10,000 lol lol lol supposedly went to wrong ground.
so a fleet is what?
From where we took off there was probably 15-20 buses. There were a lot of different pick up points.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Colossal waste of time and money. No CBA still, no international calendar, Club18 to be decided, halting the decline in grassroots, far more important things for the game to be focusing on.
Who said they're focusing on this?

You're focusing on the negative as usual.

Latest posts