What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

Daly dickhead I don't think so.

Those ideas will be welcomed in Union mate get your real payday.

A 6:00pm kick off is a jolly good showing chap. I can leave my office which smells of rich mahogany in time to get down to the gentlemen's club for the first round of Pimms. I'll tell the wife my meal, brandy and pipe don't need to be prepared for me as it normally is when I walk in the door. She just needs to make sure my bed is folded down before I get home. Tally-ho!

Fangs

Coach
A 6:00pm kick off is a jolly good showing chap. I can leave my office which smells of rich mahogany in time to get down to the gentlemen's club for the first round of Pimms. I'll tell the wife my meal, brandy and pipe don't need to be prepared for me as it normally is when I walk in the door. She just needs to make sure my bed is folded down before I get home. Tally-ho!

In another life DCE plays the role of Mr Banks in Mary Poppins.

He'd better suited playing for the galloping greens of Randwick. And RU will pay him as well so what is he waiting for?

Perfect as it’s just after the local stockmarket closes. Play game, reminisce with the old school chaps about the roggering they copped from the prefects then back in time for the US sharemarket to begin trading

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Origin returns to Melbourne on Wednesday night at a time when rugby league is booming, with:
  • participation numbers at Victorian clubs being up 21% on 2023 - the largest growth of any state
  • NRL free-to-air TV ratings increasing by 9% in Victoria
  • The Storm surpassing 30,000 members for the first time, while attracting a record average home crowd of 20,800 so far this season
  • The Storm boasting the second largest fanbase in NRL behind Broncos, with 1.68m supporters (YouGov Sport);
  • Victorians buying tickets for NRL matches increasing by 465,000
  • Rising stars Sua Fa’alogo and Dean Ieremia being genuine Victoria pathways products.

The_Wookie

Bench
Impressive.....very nice....

Let's see the AFL's club registrations?

Why cant you just be happy for your own records? League is advancing at the moment. Be happy.

AFL 2023 Annual Report gives 526,000(-125,000 Auskick), so around 400,000. This would be broadly inline with the club registration figure of 386,924 last reeported in 2018. Theyve changed the way they report this now.

From 2018
1720233296357.png

Vlad59

Bench
Why cant you just be happy for your own records? League is advancing at the moment. Be happy.

AFL 2023 Annual Report gives 526,000(-125,000 Auskick), so around 400,000. This would be broadly inline with the club registration figure of 386,924 last reeported in 2018. Theyve changed the way they report this now.

From 2018
View attachment 90689
Does this include the clearly inflated lie about QLD participation which was released after the nrl data and miraculously was slightly more than ours? Despite the fact by any objective analysis of the number of teams in qld playing afl and nrl the afl was blatantly lying?

The_Wookie

Bench
Does this include the clearly inflated lie about QLD participation which was released after the nrl data and miraculously was slightly more than ours? Despite the fact by any objective analysis of the number of teams in qld playing afl and nrl the afl was blatantly lying?

Gots to learn what the difference is between club registrations and the AFLs participation releases. the headline numbers are almost always bullshit. Its a pity the real numbers arent released like they used to be.

Key AFL Queensland statistics for 2018:
  • Total participation- 265,760 (up 5.2 per cent)
  • Community Club participation- 30,531 (up 3.5 per cent)
  • NAB AFL Auskick participation- 29,116 (up 1.81 per cent) across 966 Auskick centres
  • AFL 9’s participation- 3,504
  • School programs and competition participation- 202,609 (third highest participation behind Victoria and WA)
  • Female participation- 111,642 (up 18.85 per cent)
  • Accredited coaches- 4,088
  • Accredited umpires- 1,271 (up 6.6 per cent)
  • Regions with the greatest level of participation were;
    • Moreton Bay North
    • Brisbane Inner West
    • North West Brisbane
    • Moreton Bay South
    • Gold Coast North
Last year they announced 68,000 participants, which would include boith the club and auskick centre participation. It was somewhat disengenuous of the league to say this was the equivelant or better than the QRLs 70,000 odd registered participants.

Wb1234

Referee
They are a pack of liars. Even your beloved swans.

Even wookie agrees as per above article

Wb1234

Referee

Even wookie agrees as per above article
On July 24th, the Sydney Morning Herald reported that the AFL had been caught lying about its participation numbers, originally said to be 1644, but later revised down to 238 when asked for clarification.

The_Wookie

Bench
On July 24th, the Sydney Morning Herald reported that the AFL had been caught lying about its participation numbers, originally said to be 1644, but later revised down to 238 when asked for clarification.

There was something for this in everyone. The AFL f**ked up by including numbers not specific to the area, the local fairfax editor was heavily involved in a local soccer club that also wanted to use the local playing fields, and rugby league protests kicked into high gear over a venue recommended by council and not even asked for by the league. The Telegraph never even covered it.

This was also 12 years ago. Always nice to see the old articles come up every now and then!

Latest posts