What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Wallace

The Lucky State

Juniors
How good is he? Talk to me people. He's coming to Brisbane next year and I'm wondering if he'll thrive under the tutelage of Benny. We're paying him a lot of money, there will be big expectations. The key question for mine is how effective is he as a halfback. Forget him at 5/8 and lockyer moving to half back. Thats an awful idea as DL is sh*t in close to the ruck. He was best at fullback running wide, and is still at his best when he plays out there. So basically Wallace needs to play the role of a traditional halfback. Does he have the following?

Ego - All good halfbacks have ego. They need to have it to take control and be boss. Is Wallace capable of ordering the broncos around and backing himself over Lockyer. Does he have a personality that would allow him to step up and be the man?

Defense - Is he a rugged defender? Can he tackle and bring big men down.

Nippyness - The best halfbacks are quick off the mark and can take the ball forward to the line. Is Wallace this kind of player like Kimmorley or Johns that will drive the team forward with his own ball running

Kicking game - does he have a good all round kicking game?

Smarts - Is he clever and a good organizer? Will he make smart decisions?

I worry about his size. Is he too big to be at halfback or is that not a concern. Is his best position still 5/8? So many questions. I need answers.

Coaster

Bench
Watch the game against Manly, he was awesome.

Will he do any good at Broncos, i doubt it, no half does, it has something to do with the Coach. IMO

For him to be able to take hold of the Broncos, the Broncos have to let him do it, thats where the problem lies.

Tommy Smith

Referee
curious said:
Watch the game against Manly, he was awesome.

Will he do any good at Broncos, i doubt it, no half does, it has something to do with the Coach. IMO

For him to be able to take hold of the Broncos, the Broncos have to let him do it, thats where the problem lies.
Alfie Langer?

And let's be fair to Benny, there's hasnt been one decent halfback at the club since Alf left...except Prince who was dogged by injuries at the time.

innsaneink said:
$180,000 they got him for, Penrith didnt even make him an offer at all....unbelievable.

they've obviously got someone in sight they're interested in buying. i would of offered him a contract though

BrisVegas

Juniors
Charlie124 said:
this may have been answered but how long was he signed for?

same question for Clinton?

Courier Mail say Wallace on a 2 year deal for ~ $350k and Clinton on a 3 year deal for ~ mid $800k.

innsaneink

Referee
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
they've obviously got someone in sight they're interested in buying. i would of offered him a contract though

Yeah, the rumour is somehow Carney will join Elliott again at Penrith

I doubt it Ink, Carney's not off contract until the end of next season, and it was brought up in an interview he did that they were already in talks to extend his contract past 2010

Tom Shines

First Grade
I would have paid almost double to have him at Souths for a long period of time.
IMO, one of the revelations of this season.

Raider_69

Post Whore
carney to follow elliott?
if the bloke knows whats good for his career, he'll stay as far away from elliott as possible

rabbs

Juniors
I think Wallace is one of the form 5/8s of the competition.Will compliment Lockyer very well.

badav

Bench
Yeh Ian Laceys an absolute giant.

Peter Wallace is playing some great footy right now. Look forward to seeing him at the Broncs. Although i hope the pressure and expectation doesnt crumble him. The last thing anyone wants to see is another player in the mould of Brett Seymour

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
IMO the kid still has a long way to go and it is a bit of a gamble by Brisbane (he does look a good prospect though), but the mind boggles if Penrith didn't at the very least offer the kid a contract. I would be absolutely ropable if I was a Penrith fan just at that prospect. Penny MUST have someone either stitched up or very close to. That can be the only reason for it.

Woolnough cancels out Clinton so that is no biggie.

TITAN1

Juniors
Wallace will go well at the broncs,hes not afraid of giving instructions and took control when gower went off against the cows and again on fri night when he got the chance to play halfback.
He doesnt mind defending and his kicking game is better than gowers and has pace off the mark..his only drawback would be as he is still learning the game he occasionally misreads the opposition attacking line.

TITAN1

Juniors
S.S.T.I.D said:
but the mind boggles if Penrith didn't at the very least offer the kid a contract. I would be absolutely ropable if I was a Penrith fan just at that prospect.
Just take a look at the official site..:roll: