What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Wallace

sydraider

First Grade
How could they let go of this kid?

Its baffling.

Has craig wing decided on his future as yet?

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Wheelsy said:
Would you take him at Souths (and for how much)?

If you are asking me, yes I certainly would. I'd offer something in the ball park of what the Broncos did.

hairy asad

Juniors
lucablight said:
How can you be too big for any position?

You can't be serious!
You can be too big for any position.....imagine a forward like dane tilse who is 6'8....although this is good to be a battering ram it makes him so much less mobile and more susceptible to injuries as he would have a greater tendency to fall awkwardly......

Also the taller you are the more weight you have to put on to support yourself.....so skill players (6,7 and 9) will lose speed and agility if they are too tall due to a necessary weight increase. This could spell bad news for a player like greg inglis if he keeps growing.

Its just common sense!

salivor

First Grade
curious said:
Will he do any good at Broncos, i doubt it, no half does, it has something to do with the Coach. IMO

FMD you've got no clue. Does the name Allan Langer ring a bell for you? What has Bennett had to work with besides that? Seymour and Walker were both average at best and the likes of Berrigan, Perry and now Ennis were and are only stop gap measures due to no other quality halfback at the club.

The only other decent halfback he's had to work with besides Langer was Prince and you can't blame Bennett for that considering Prince spent nearly all of his 3 years on the sideline injured.

mxlegend99

Referee
How are Broncos fans feeling about Wallace now?

He has been put back to first grade. Did the Tigers game do him justice?

Personally... it made me happy we snapped up Richie Williams. Beside a few mistakes, which our entire team has been making all season, he was phenomenal. And that was at fullback. Wonder if that's where we're keeping him?

salivor

First Grade
It'd still be a step up from the wooden spooners. At least Aspley win the odd game.

salivor

First Grade
Yeah and we can't wait to welcome to our premiership contending club, by all reports he can't wait either.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Honestly don't know what the Broncos see in him! one or two good games doesn't make you a good player. But I hope they do pick him as soon with no Petero, Berrigan etc and people like Wallace and Clinton the Broncos won't be a serious contender. Atleast not to Melbourne.

salivor

First Grade
The losses are overrated, the only one that will hurt us is Shaun Berrigan but we're not doing too badly when we can move Ennis to hooker to replace him and have backups in Lacey and Te Reo.

Tate hasn't done anything at club level for years now, he's nothing but a glorified winger, the Warriors will rue spending $400k on the bloke. And it's a case of goodbye Petero and Carlaw, hello Clinton and Simms and welcome the emergence of the likes of Taylor, Kenny, Eastwood etc.

Broncos not a premiership contender next year? In your dreams, we're shaping up to have a better team next year than this year IMO. While the Panthers look even worse next year, enjoy Firman running the show, he comes with glowing recommendations from the Dragons, Roosters and Cowboys lol.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Look I'm sure the Broncos will still be competitive as they always are. I can see the quality of the young kids coming through. I certainly noticed them at CUA Stadium. Just don't rate Wallace and when I say not a serious contender it means I don't seriously expect them to win the comp but Top 8? always likely to make it considering they've never finished lower than 8th.

To be honest care factor is hovering above zero about the Panthers. Yes I am a fan but they have self destructed and continually underperformed so much that I knew this was the likely outcome. I'm not surprised at all the losses.

Now I'm more interested in who will win the competition in this year and I sincerely hope that its Melbourne so they have something to show for having such a great winning record over the last two years.

badav

Bench
i dont think wallace is in an environment to really show what he has, if anything. hes stuck in a losing team that play stupid footy nearly every week. i dont think there are many rookies that are going to shine in that environment. The fact that hes played a big hand in winning half their games says something.

as for the broncos next year will be tough. we are losing a huge amount of experience similar to the dragons did last year.

Mr Saab

Referee
salivor said:
The losses are overrated, the only one that will hurt us is Shaun Berrigan but we're not doing too badly when we can move Ennis to hooker to replace him and have backups in Lacey and Te Reo.

Tate hasn't done anything at club level for years now, he's nothing but a glorified winger, the Warriors will rue spending $400k on the bloke. And it's a case of goodbye Petero and Carlaw, hello Clinton and Simms and welcome the emergence of the likes of Taylor, Kenny, Eastwood etc.

Broncos not a premiership contender next year? In your dreams, we're shaping up to have a better team next year than this year IMO. While the Panthers look even worse next year, enjoy Firman running the show, he comes with glowing recommendations from the Dragons, Roosters and Cowboys lol.

Never a truer word spoken.
I was worried with the loss of Petero...but i dont think it will be that bad anymore.
Dave Taylor is shaping as a great prospect...13 yrs younger...and about 300k cheaper.
Sure, I would love Petero to stay, but its not like we signed Josh Perry or Jason King as replacements...and with the emerging talent coming through....looking good for Brisbane

salivor

First Grade
2000 saw a worse exodus from the club yet we still came back the next 2 years to and finished 80 minutes short of the GF each time despite halves issues. Next year we don't have to worry about that and the new group of young guys coming through are far better than what we had back then IMO.

Munky

Coach
Wallace will be a gun halfback for you guys. Has a pin point passing game and Lockyer will carve up like he has never before with the time Wallace's passes will give him.

Plus he can kick goals.