What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peterson and Dykes to never play again.

The Colonel

Immortal
I doubt it. I know that Planeteels has some of them posted on his website but not all. Its not generally published anywhere until the June 30 deadline I think.

Eels Dude

Coach
I think you'll find most of our big name players contracts finish up at the end of next year. Those are Hindmarsh, Cayless, Morris, Dykes, Grothe, Vaealiki, Wagon, Thorman, Peterson, Armit. Tsoulos, Cannings, Graham and Burt are contracted to 2006. Witt to 2007. Vella, Hopkins, Pearson, Widders end of this year. Not sure about most of our new signings.

Dunno if anything more has been mentioned on Cannings' injury in any other threads, but I was just checking out the injured Eels part of the members only section on parraeels.com and it says he's not due to return to full training for another 2 months....at the minimum.
This was apparently updated today as well, so it should be fairly accurate.

Hurriflatch

Referee
If true then the injury might be a lot worse the 1st thought cause most reports I've read say about 3 weeks.

What does that injury list say about the other guys??

also any info on the new guys (Jack, Anderson & Mateo) height/weight etc?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Jeesaloo!

Where's all this hostility to Petersen coming from?

Sure, he's in a form lapse. Sure, he makes errors.

BUT HE TRIED HIS HEART OUT FOR US, AND GAVE IT 100%.

Maybe he didn't get us anywhere, but surely the fact he did try hard means something?

HE is NOT our enemy.

Dykes, on the other hand ... Far from impressed with his attitude of late.

Hurriflatch

Referee
if you put Petersen's heart in Dykes' body you'd get an unbeatable player.

I've never said that Petersen is the most talented winger but he gives 120% each game while other players not naming names have a lot more talent but don't have the heart/commitment

CrazyEel

Bench
The problem is he has no talent, can't tackle, no idea of positional play and is mistake looking for a place to happen. Quite simply he is not a 1st grader no matter how hard he tries.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Fair enough.

But it's not as though he lacks skills.

He's pretty good under the high ball (not always though; although on a few occassions this year he's caught some incredible balls); he knows his way to the try line; and he hits hard in attack.

Anyone remember that tackle on a Cowpat last year? The dude made a break, Muzza chased him down and made a beautfiful, Sattler-esque tackle on him.

Anyway, if someone would care to mention a great defending winger, I could see your point better.

Most wingers are average at best in defence.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Colonel Eel said:
I doubt it. I know that Planeteels has some of them posted on his website but not all. Its not generally published anywhere until the June 30 deadline I think.

That is stupid. I would like to know who is actually off contract in other clubs as well.

The Colonel

Immortal
DvdHntr said:
Colonel Eel said:

That is stupid. I would like to know who is actually off contract in other clubs as well.

You pick a few up from the papers and stuff however I don't knopw of anywhere that publishes a list of everyone. You might send an email to the various clubs and just say as an interested supporter of RL in general that if they could possibly let you know. I know that Damo 72 did something the same on the offical site but not everyone was forthcoming.

Eelementary said:
Jeesaloo!

Maybe he didn't get us anywhere, but surely the fact he did try hard means something?
I totally agree!

I remember last year many people were giving it to young Willie Tonga and look at him now. Has anyone thought maybe it's the players around him? At least he gets in there and has a GO but he can't do it all of his own you know. I think if we let Peterson go, he will come back to bite us.

Phillips

Referee
Crazy Parra Chick said:
Eelementary said:
Jeesaloo!

I totally agree!

I remember last year many people were giving it to young Willie Tonga and look at him now. Has anyone thought maybe it's the players around him? At least he gets in there and has a GO but he can't do it all of his own you know. I think if we let Peterson go, he will come back to bite us.

maybe in premier league only ;-)

Suitman

Post Whore
Parraren said:
With respect to Dykes, there is no if. He won't be at the club next year. He had talks with Souths last year so I would't be surprised if he ends up there after all.

Another big name player WANTING to leave the club.

There is a common denominator here, but as if most of you didn't know that.

Suity

Phillips said:
Crazy Parra Chick said:
Eelementary said:
Jeesaloo!

I totally agree!

maybe in premier league only ;-)

We'll see...

Eelementary

Post Whore
Like I said, name me a great defensive winger.

* Muzza has heart

* Even in a mediocre team and not getting much ball he has still scored four tries this year

* He hits hard in attack

* He has a good tackling technique

OK, positionally in defence he is average. However, that is his centre's and coaching style's faults as well.

At least bag Dykes, who thinks it hilarious to get smashed by a Premier League team, but don't go so hard on a guy with passion.

Latest posts