What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petty things that give you the shits…

sladden road

Juniors
Well here’s mine.
I’m riding my new bike, modified 700(after sone merkins stole my 950) back from Bryon. I see this 250 ride past the round about I’m about 800 metres behind. I already had in my head I was going to go ride hard going back to Mullum but up Myocum road.
This bike In front goes to the same road…Still about 600 metres ahead.
I rode this road a bit, I am wearing full protection gear on a modded bike.
I’m like cool, got ‘em easy.
Takes a little bit to catch up and I’m like WTF. When I get in distance I see the bikes got L plates. And the rider has no jacket and sneakers on. Plus he wobbling thought the corners on what looks like a rep repco 250 on small wheels, at easy 120ks.

So I crack it, over take them and wave them off the road in a 50 zone.
Had a stern word about speed and cornering .Kid how long you been riding , 2 months was the answer. I was line wtf are you doing riding like that . How old are you . 18 he says . I’m like damn you got a family to have dog.
You got a jacket I ask. He’s like na can’t afford one.
I am 5ks out from home and literally wearing my worst one out of 5, yet it has all the protective gear in it .
I take the jacket off and after another stern word give it to him and tell him to take 40ks off his speed.

He was grateful, but fugg id be suprised if he lives.

Last edited:

DJDL

First Grade
Sounds like the kind of guy the term "temporary Australian" was invented for.
f**king crazy.
They're mad over here, but not that mad.

sladden road

Juniors
Ye
Sounds like the kind of guy the term "temporary Australian" was invented for.
f**king crazy.
They're mad over here, but not that mad.
It was so nuts. I could not understand the wobbles through the corners at speed.

That is motorcycle death.

I have crashed twice and don’t want to do it again. Both at low speed but still broken bones.

DJDL

First Grade
Ye

It was so nuts. I could not understand the wobbles through the corners at speed.

That is motorcycle death.

I have crashed twice and don’t want to do it again. Both at low speed but still broken bones.

I hear you.
It’s a different ballgame, but I came off our motorbike earlier this year - Honda Wave 125 moped.

It was low speed as well, as we were going over a speed bump, but pharque me it hurt!!!
Aside from the broken collar bone my whole body hurt.

No hurry to do that again.

I hear you.
It’s a different ballgame, but I came off our motorbike earlier this year - Honda Wave 125 moped.

It was low speed as well, as we were going over a speed bump, but pharque me it hurt!!!
Aside from the broken collar bone my whole body hurt.

No hurry to do that again.
Me and my mate rode a shopping trolley down a hill once when we were blind drunk (as in got in it). That wasn't pleasant when it flipped over at a good speed 😅

fizzgig

Juniors
Mine was drunken rollerskating. Probably doing 30km/hr down a hill and started getting "death wobbles". Was going to go on my arse or my head so sat down....

Quigs

Immortal
I have had the unfortunate and never want to happen again experience of a motor cycle go up over my bonnet and roof and the rider go under my car. He died.

At the time of impact I had reduced my speed down from 100k and was doing maybe 15 to 20kph.

Prior to impact the only part of the riders body that were on his bike was his two hands on the handle bar. His torso and legs were like a rodeo rider getting tossed by a wild bull.

He was oncoming and racing with his mate and from witnesses had been doing so for a decent time prior to the collision

I was prepared in the split second to go up the embankment on my left in attempt to avoid him but I had four other people in the car. (including the wife, son and two other work mates - we were on our way to the afternoon shift at the Rocky Meatworks at the time)

It was as I mentioned very sad with the loss of the riders life but we were so lucky that the bike went up and over the car and not through the windscreen. It was that close.

This happened about 30 years ago.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Well here’s mine.
I’m riding my new bike, modified 700(after sone merkins stole my 950) back from Bryon. I see this 250 ride past the round about I’m about 800 metres behind. I already had in my head I was going to go ride hard going back to Mullum but up Myocum road.
This bike In front goes to the same road…Still about 600 metres ahead.
I rode this road a bit, I am wearing full protection gear on a modded bike.
I’m like cool, got ‘em easy.
Takes a little bit to catch up and I’m like WTF. When I get in distance I see the bikes got L plates. And the rider has no jacket and sneakers on. Plus he wobbling thought the corners on what looks like a rep repco 250 on small wheels, at easy 120ks.

So I crack it, over take them and wave them off the road in a 50 zone.
Had a stern word about speed and cornering .Kid how long you been riding , 2 months was the answer. I was line wtf are you doing riding like that . How old are you . 18 he says . I’m like damn you got a family to have dog.
You got a jacket I ask. He’s like na can’t afford one.
I am 5ks out from home and literally wearing my worst one out of 5, yet it has all the protective gear in it .
I take the jacket off and after another stern word give it to him and tell him to take 40ks off his speed.

He was grateful, but fugg id be suprised if he lives.
Brian :)