What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phil Gould: Bennett agreed to coach Roosters

Kiwi

First Grade
Razor said:
Oh I see. Good to see the calibre of people that have me in their signiture.

* Yourself who admits to taking advantage of kids with intellectual or mental disabilites, so just so you can get a laugh. Your parents must be so proud

and

* Pete who doesn't even have a very basic level of knowledge of tennis, yet claims to be an expert - and is also to lazy to use grammar.

So Kiwi and Lego are in good company

btw Salivor don't bother replying to me. You've just made my ignore list. Anyone that seems to be proud of all things they did to kids with troubles at school is a piece of scum.

Did you just have a go at Salivor for acusing you of saying something you didn't. Please so us where he mentioned kids with intellectual or mental disabilites? I'll be f**ked if I can see it, would this make you a hypocrite as well as a liar?

Razor

Coach
Did you just have a go at Salivor for acusing you of saying something you didn't. Please so us where he mentioned kids with intellectual or mental disabilites?

He said in post 74 "Your like the stupid kid in class that everybody eggs on to do the stupidest of things and then pretend to not know you when the sh*t hits the fan."

If that's not saying that he used to laugh at the "stupid kid" then what is it saying? Why does he think the "Stupid kid" does these things just because someone told him too? They have a problem - every grade at every school(except elite private schools) have at least 2-3 kids with a mental or intellectual disability(just not severe enough to require to be in special school).

And that 2-3 are the ones diagnosed and are on medication. It doesn't include anyone who hasn't been diagnosed, which the medical world is a substantial number.

salivor

First Grade
Never specified in that example that the kid was mentally geniused, considering I was likening the kid to you though, I can see how you'd jump to the mental geniusation conclusion being part of that fraternity and all. Have you taken your meds today?

gunnamatta bay

Referee
This whole thing has become ROOSTERGATE. Look at all the players. Cullen, Bennett, Gould, Stuart, Politis, Carnaven, Anderson. Anyone missing?

JJ

Immortal
salivor said:
Why? He never signed on the dotted line so has the right to change his mind at any stage.

Not 100% sure contract law in Australia... but here (and probably Aust) you need:
1. An Offer
2. An acceptance

Usually no need for it to be written - it seems to parrallel the Titans - Turner one...

In any case, if bad things happen to the Roosters and/or the Broncos (and Manly and the Bulldogs for that matter), I'm usually satisfied :lol:

Kiwi

First Grade
Razor said:
He said in post 74 "Your like the stupid kid in class that everybody eggs on to do the stupidest of things and then pretend to not know you when the sh*t hits the fan."

If that's not saying that he used to laugh at the "stupid kid" then what is it saying? Why does he think the "Stupid kid" does these things just because someone told him too? They have a problem - every grade at every school(except elite private schools) have at least 2-3 kids with a mental or intellectual disability(just not severe enough to require to be in special school).

And that 2-3 are the ones diagnosed and are on medication. It doesn't include anyone who hasn't been diagnosed, which the medical world is a substantial number.

Talk about taking a something and running with it in a whole different direction. And right after you have a go at someone else who you think has done it. Could you be a bigger f**kwit? Me thinks not.

Kiwi

First Grade
Back onto the topic.

If Bennett had agreed to coach the roosters, it was said in the reports that keeping it hush hush was required, and if it leaked Bennett would pull out. All Politis had to do was simple, keep it to himself, he didn't need to tell anyone who the replacement was, and he'd have got him man if the reports are true, he told a few to many people, the leaks happened and Bennett pulled the plug. pretty simple whos to blame in the whole senario, and it's not bennett. He kept his word on everything he reportedly agreed to, the roosters didn't.

Green Machine

First Grade
This mornings's The Courier Mail has some very funny comments from Bruno Cullen.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,20429127-5003409,00.html

Cullen described Gould's column as "strange". "I'm at the stage where I'm over all this talk about Wayne and the Roosters," Cullen said.
"I read the column and took what was written there with a grain of salt. Maybe Gould is just trying to cover his backside because of his role in things.
"I have had only one discussion with Wayne about this and he made a commitment to honour his current contract which goes until 2009. From my point of view that's all I need to know.
"I think it's disgraceful that the Roosters should approach Wayne when he has a contract."
I wonder which is more disgraceful; The Rooster approaching Wayne; Wayne accepting the Roosters offer or Wayne not telling Bruno he was considering going to the Roosters,

innsaneink

Referee
gunnamatta bay said:
This whole thing has become ROOSTERGATE. Look at all the players. Cullen, Bennett, Gould, Stuart, Politis, Carnaven, Anderson. Anyone missing?

Freddie...at the lower end of the scale.

innsaneink

Referee
Kiwi said:
Back onto the topic.

If Bennett had agreed to coach the roosters, it was said in the reports that keeping it hush hush was required, and if it leaked Bennett would pull out. All Politis had to do was simple, keep it to himself, he didn't need to tell anyone who the replacement was, and he'd have got him man if the reports are true, he told a few to many people, the leaks happened and Bennett pulled the plug. pretty simple whos to blame in the whole senario, and it's not bennett. He kept his word on everything he reportedly agreed to, the roosters didn't.

Aaah yes...so simple isnt it?

The thing is IF what you say did in fact happen, a LOT more people than just Uncle nick wouldve known what was going on.

Kiwi

First Grade
innsaneink said:
Aaah yes...so simple isnt it?

The thing is IF what you say did in fact happen, a LOT more people than just Uncle nick wouldve known what was going on.

But that would have been uncle nick's choice, he could have limited the knowledge to those he trusted not to leak it. To be honest if Bennett left it wouldn't have bothered and with him staying it doesn't bother me either. I'm just going on what has been reported and said by parties involved. It's pretty clear cut if you go by that, and lets be honest here, our opinion is just speculation at best, even the reports in the papers aren't much better.

If uncle nick had of put some effort into keeping it quiet lets face it, we wouldn't have had some keyboard loud mouth rooster fan ( melon ) in a public forum saying it's a done deal.

salivor

First Grade
JJ said:
Not 100% sure contract law in Australia... but here (and probably Aust) you need:
1. An Offer
2. An acceptance

Usually no need for it to be written - it seems to parrallel the Titans - Turner one...

In any case, if bad things happen to the Roosters and/or the Broncos (and Manly and the Bulldogs for that matter), I'm usually satisfied :lol:

The difference here though is that Turner had no contract with the Melbourne Storm for 2006 or beyond. Wayne Bennett just last year agreed to terms with the Broncos for another 4 years. Obviously we don't know if he has get out clauses (I'd assume he may have) or the like but in effect the Roosters may (and I say may as my legal knowledge is non-existant and I'm sure I'll be corrected) not have had any grounds to enforce the verbal agreement as in the Titans case with Bennett already being under contract.

salivor

First Grade
Green Machine said:
This mornings's The Courier Mail has some very funny comments from Bruno Cullen.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,20429127-5003409,00.html

I wonder which is more disgraceful; The Rooster approaching Wayne; Wayne accepting the Roosters offer or Wayne not telling Bruno he was considering going to the Roosters,

Sure Cullen's comments are interesting but I take them with a grain of salt. Clubs and CEO's plead ignorance all the time. If there has been discussion or conflict about the matter behind closed doors, Cullen is not about to air his dirty laundry in public.

innsaneink

Referee
Kiwi said:
But that would have been uncle nick's choice, he could have limited the knowledge to those he trusted not to leak it. To be honest if Bennett left it wouldn't have bothered and with him staying it doesn't bother me either. I'm just going on what has been reported and said by parties involved. It's pretty clear cut if you go by that, and lets be honest here, our opinion is just speculation at best, even the reports in the papers aren't much better.

If uncle nick had of put some effort into keeping it quiet lets face it, we wouldn't have had some keyboard loud mouth rooster fan ( melon ) in a public forum saying it's a done deal.

How do you know the leak come from the south end of the saga, Nick or the Roosters?

There are TWO parties here....youre talking about only one.

Green Machine

First Grade
salivor said:
Sure Cullen's comments are interesting but I take them with a grain of salt. Clubs and CEO's plead ignorance all the time. If there has been discussion or conflict about the matter behind closed doors, Cullen is not about to air his dirty laundry in public.

I’m sure he’s not. It would be interesting to know if Wayne told Bruno he was going prior to last Thursday. I’m sure once the Broncos on field commitments are finished this season, Wayne’s side of the story will come out,

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
Kiwi said:
Back onto the topic.

EXACTLY!

Rotten Rooster

Juniors
Kiwi said:
Back onto the topic.

Absolute rubbish, if Politis had Bennett ready to come to the Roosters only he would have known and maybe someone like Mark Bouris. These guys are top level buisness men they dont play games. The leak would have come from Bennetts side, he played the roosters got ricky out and then sprung the leak and pulled out. The whole agenda was bennett wanted to screw stuart. Bennett is a grub. If gus's article was rubbish he would be faced with massive level implecations from bennett. Politis would not get rid of stuart if he didnt have anything lined up. I believe bennett did say yes and Bennett did tell them to get rid of stuart and get the club ready for him. Bennett got what he wanted out of it, staurts arse on a platter.

salivor

First Grade
innsaneink said:
How do you know the leak come from the south end of the saga, Nick or the Roosters?

There are TWO parties here....youre talking about only one.

Are you insinuating that Bennett may have leaked it? What would be his motive in doing so? The timing was terrible being days out from the Broncos first final, Bennett wouldn't chose this as the time to make the deal public and he has been clearly irritated by the media attention for the last week now. The leak surely had to come from someone within the Roosters organisation.

Green Machine said:
I’m sure he’s not. It would be interesting to know if Wayne told Bruno he was going prior to last Thursday. I’m sure once the Broncos on field commitments are finished this season, Wayne’s side of the story will come out,

Surely he must have discussed the matter with Brisbane management to be so confident he could get out of his contract through to 2009 and sign with the Roosters next year.

salivor

First Grade
Rotten Rooster said:
Absolute rubbish, if Politis had Bennett ready to come to the Roosters only he would have known and maybe someone like Mark Bouris. These guys are top level buisness men they dont play games. The leak would have come from Bennetts side, he played the roosters got ricky out and then sprung the leak and pulled out. The whole agenda was bennett wanted to screw stuart. Bennett is a grub. If gus's article was rubbish he would be faced with massive level implecations from bennett. Politis would not get rid of stuart if he didnt have anything lined up. I believe bennett did say yes and Bennett did tell them to get rid of stuart and get the club ready for him. Bennett got what he wanted out of it, staurts arse on a platter.

So what would Bennett's motive be for leaking it days out from the Broncos first final? All it did was bring massive media attention to the club and no doubt would've caused distractions to the players. And we already know that Politis was telling other people, he let Gould know before the media had got wind of it, you're not so naive to think that Gould wasn't the only close confidant of Politis to be told are you?

Latest posts