What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phil Gould: Bennett agreed to coach Roosters

The Informer

Juniors
Gould ALWAYS has an agenda with what ever he writes. ALWAYS.

So soak that in before you soak in what his supposed message is.

The message here folks is supporting and protecting Politis. Politis looks bad, as he should out of this whole affair. There were two people at the meeting when Bennett agreed, only one of them blabbered the mail which eventually leaked to the media - just as the Broncos semi final campaign started. There is only one way to derail Bennett and that is cross his trust. Enough said about the workings at Bondi, it's been very obvious for many years.

Interesting isnt it how Bennett can be successful at one club for 19 yrs yet Gould was lucky to last past just a few at each of the clubs he coached at, walked out on contracts at the first two and couldn't complete the deal at the Roosters.

Oh, and why the continued admiration for the power broker at the Roosters. Because he bailed him out. There's much more to the story, enough said for now. But a clown who's record shows numerous broken contracts, broken relationships with past clubs amongst many other highlights that could and couldn't be written and he has the hide to touch up others. Middle name is agenda, always be looking for it.

Dazzat

First Grade
One of Gould's perpetual agendas is to appear he has everything under control - that he knows the future and how to make sure everything works out. Every week in commentary its the same thing, "I said such and such six months ago, and look! It's happened! And guess what, it's because me, the Great Gus, said it would happen."

The Informer is definitely on the money ... Gus "Trust Me I Don't Have An Agenda" Gould always has an agenda - even the jumping-up-and-down on the sideline when coaching NSW was for one reason - to show up poker-faced, no emotions, media-unfriendly Wayne Bennett.

I'm getting off the point here, but just wanted to vent my spleen against Gus.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
The Informer said:
Gould ALWAYS has an agenda with what ever he writes. ALWAYS.

Very true. But bold faced lies are not his style.

From all reports prior to this, the Roosters players were told to expect Bennett as coach. As you said, someone spilled the beans and that appears to have caused Bennett to bail on the contract.

That still doesn't dismiss his intentions. He intended to leave the Broncos high and dry for next season.

I believe Gus's agenda in this is to expose Bennett for running from the deal. That's his agenda in this to me. It does leave Wayne Bennett in a rather ugly situation. He either has to live with the story Gould has painted, or he has to talk to the media. Something he never likes to do. But he may have to, to clear his name if Gould is in fact bullsh*tting.

innsaneink

Referee
Dazzat said:
One of Gould's perpetual agendas is to appear he has everything under control - that he knows the future and how to make sure everything works out. Every week in commentary its the same thing, "I said such and such six months ago, and look! It's happened! And guess what, it's because me, the Great Gus, said it would happen."

The Informer is definitely on the money ... Gus "Trust Me I Don't Have An Agenda" Gould always has an agenda - even the jumping-up-and-down on the sideline when coaching NSW was for one reason - to show up poker-faced, no emotions, media-unfriendly Wayne Bennett.

I'm getting off the point here, but just wanted to vent my spleen against Gus.

Who in the media...or anywhere for that matter...doesnt have an agenda?

salivor

First Grade
Bennett won't give a sh*t about the damage this may have done to his name or reputation. One thing Bennett doesn't care about is outsiders impressions of him, he'll let the media print what they want and run their little agendas, he's a better poker player than any in the business.

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
salivor said:
Bennett won't give a sh*t about the damage this may have done to his name or reputation. One thing Bennett doesn't care about is outsiders impressions of him, he'll let the media print what they want and run their little agendas, he's a better poker player than any in the business.

true... very true... the bennett i've known for the past 13 years is the bennett that could care less about what others thought, especially the media... just gets the head in and on with business like every other day...:lol:

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
salivor said:

This will have internal issues. C'mon.. Wake up. The person who has been painted as the biggest fool is Bruno Cullen. He didn't have the balls to ask Bennett about it.

innsaneink

Referee
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
This will have internal issues. C'mon.. Wake up. The person who has been painted as the biggest fool is Bruno Cullen. He didn't have the balls to ask Bennett about it.

How you know this?

salivor

First Grade
That's what Cullen told the media, he was hardly going to entertain the rumour or admit any knowledge when the Broncos were on the eve of the finals. We have no idea what's gone on behind closed doors at Red Hill.

The Informer

Juniors
Integrity is the same as respect.

You earn it, you don't demand it.

One side of all the venets has been pushed, and will only ever be so as the other party has far more diginity.

One party has built his career from nothing, as a meek and mild nobody on the back of earning respect and integrity. Just ask those that played under the skinny no name winger at Souths Brisbane. or the no name team at the Raiders, or those that he has influenced through the last 19 yrs at one club.

I find it amazing that just because he remains silent the words of others are belived.

Did Bennett ever break a contract to chase bigger dollars else where. Did he ever walk on a deal having being paid 18 mths in advance to chase something better elsewhere, and deliver players to consumate the deal. Little alone the rest . . . . . .

Integrity is the same as respect. You earn it.

salivor

First Grade
He said it was rubbish as he was trying to dismiss the rumour, I don't think much can be read into that. I don't honestly believe that Cullen, the CEO of a multi-million dollar club didn't discuss with Bennett the possibility of losing one of his key assets, if he didn't then he's a very irresponsible CEO and businessman.

Leagueguy

Juniors
Theres only one truth we categorically know about this whole controversy so far and that is this - no one knows. We haven't heard from Bennett, we haven't heard from Cullen, we haven't heard from Stuart and we weren't at the meetings with Politis and Bennett. All we have is Phil Gould's spin on it which may well be 100% true. At this point though we can't say whether or not its true, only lean one way or the other. I'll be waiting to here more before I make my mind up.

ShaiGuY

First Grade
ok here's my wild conspiracy theory - this was all planned so that Bennett would reignite his support that he has in QLD - which was looking for a bit of a change after losing so many finals' games and also so that the Roosters had a proper excuse to sack Ricky Stuart saying they had Bennett in place. Therefore at the end of it the Roosters look like they were more than validated in sacking Ricky and the Broncos look like they did the right thing in signing Bennett who has actually showed loyalty and although he pondered about signing with the Roosters he signed with the Broncos. Politis is a businessman - and if there's one thing he knows it is that a contract is only a contract when it's signed and sealed.

Kiwi

First Grade
Razor said:
So you don't have a problem with Pete being a clueless idiot who has no idea?

Face it. If you thought I was an idiot, you'd ignore me. Just like I do Pete, and others do to other people. But none of you have added me and none of you ever argue facts. You all turn to personal insults. That is a classic sign, of telling the other person that they are correct, and you have to try and get the thread off the topic, because you can't admit you are wrong. If you did think I was an idiot, you would add me to ignore, simple as that.

I never insulted Pete, I just added him to my ignore list. The only person in my ignore list.

You ignore idiots, you don't debate with them.

If you want us to ignore you, all you need to do is ask

Kiwi

First Grade
Razor said:
Yes STSAE these Gould-haters are letting their personal vandetta against him affect their views.

Yeah and you having such a clear view of it all, what with the fact you think the sun shines out of Bennett's asssssssssss

In case it went over your head, what with you being simple and mentally geniused* thats called sarcasm

*I would like to say sorry to all simple and mentally geniused people, clearly we hold you in higher regard than this drop kick.

Latest posts