What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phil Gould

slippy

Juniors
I know we're all sick of hearing about Brett Finch but...

Today in commentary Gus said this.
"Brett Finch has carried this team for two years"
He even repeated it, as he does, to emphasise his point

Is it just me or is that THE stupidest comment I have ever heard, and do you all agree that Finch probably in fact held us back?
Honestly Gould.. get a grip.

bartman

Immortal
Finch had passion, and yap and talking it up when we were (too often) gathered behind the tryline watching the opposition goal kicker lining up a conversion.

But he didn't have the type of wonderful or consistent playmaking ability that is being talked up now by the likes of Gould. Finch was OK... he wasn't the biggest problem in our team, nor the best part of it either.

Gould is a laughing stock though, did you see him try and say that Eastwood shouldn't have been penalised for taking out a player off the ball in the lead up to Reddy's first half no-try? Rabs ended up telling him to read a rule book, Gould was going on about it that much, when he had been proven wrong. Gus says "the Parra player ran into him" just as the replay showed Eastwood making a concerted effort with his elbow and shoulder to force the player to the ground without the ball :lol:

lewiscook

Juniors

Is it just me or is that THE stupidest comment I have ever heard, and do you all agree that Finch probably in fact held us back?

the reason why gould loves finch so much is because he was very instumental in bringing him to the roosters, and rapped him alot in his early days...
TBH i think gus apart from the finch saga has said a few good things about parramatta and really knows what needs to happen...

slippy

Juniors
Yeah I do agree he seemed to be slowly leaning back towards being "fair" towards us, but some calls today just got to me
It actually makes the loss that much worse for me because my friends that have no idea about the eels (or when to stop teasing me about them) just hear Gould talk about what a mess parramatta is and they just listen.

big boppa eel

Juniors
I cant believe some people are so concerned in what Gould is saying, people we got f**ken flogged we deserve everything that comes our way and I do think we are missing finch' enthusiasm already.

TheMoneyBoxMan

Juniors

Jeez I didn't hear him say that I was sobbing too loudly. But there is no doubt that he is a massive tool. And I'm frigged if i know how Finch has so many people fooled, haven't they been watching him for the past season or so?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So that must mean Hindmarsh was carry Finch while Finch was carrying the rest of the team :shock:

jayjayselmes

Juniors

Agreed 100%

look at us now without finch???

Keating is good Robson is sh*t !!!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gould waited till it looked like we couldn't win and then started about Funch. Worst thing is Sterlo agreed with him. And not once did they mention Hindy the man who cleans up everything and tightens up our defence bigtime. It was enough to make me sick.

Bazal

Post Whore
LOL...It was even funnier because not 15 mins before he picked us to come back over the top of them...the man is just an inflammatory twat, nothing more

Snoochies

First Grade
Gus also said Finch was sitting back now with a big grin on his face, knowing that he has signed with a team who has a chance of winning the premiership. He's right in a way, Finch has won out of all of this. But for the long term, definately better for us......I hope.:sarcasm: Maybe Finch will lose it for Melbourne, but if he plays like crap they won't keep him around for long.

Syko

Juniors
gould is a f**king idiot

still, there are serious problems at your club, hagan should focus more on the team than writing stupidity in the telecrap