What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phil Gould

salvy71

Juniors
The only person that has carried this team over the years is Hindmarsh .....in fact if he was out there today it wouldn't be too absurd to think that Parra may have even won tis game by letting in less than half the tries that they let in without him .
I agree with a lot of things Goulds says ..but lately he's been dishing up a lot of tripe ....including his rant that it should be ok to tackle a player without the ball - YOU'RE A DILL ...........PHIL ......

spiderdan

Bench
Agreed 100%

look at us now without finch???

Keating is good Robson is sh*t !!!!
haa. after round one last year you were claiming finch should be our 7 after 40 good minutes of football.

agree that kk looked good at 7 today. while we wait for mortimer to join him i am happy for kk to start there each week.

gould was a tool again today. he said he didn't want to harp on about finch (after talking about him a few times) then harped on about finch. he claimed we looked like we had no direction without finch yet we scored about a quarter of our season's tries today without finch.

salvy71

Juniors
haa. after round one last year you were claiming finch should be our 7 after 40 good minutes of football.

agree that kk looked good at 7 today. while we wait for mortimer to join him i am happy for kk to start there each week.

gould was a tool again today. he said he didn't want to harp on about finch (after talking about him a few times) then harped on about finch. he claimed we looked like we had no direction without finch yet we scored about a quarter of our season's tries today without finch.

Todays attack was the best they've looked all year ....with Keating at half and Mateo at 5/8th .....

Gould was also right when he said we need Mateo and Burt to be our ball players. With these two calling the shots and KK running around like a wildman, we may end up winning a few this year.

Maybe.

eel4life

Juniors
Have you guys seen the stats on this game, i just saw it quickly on fox sports... what a joke we are .. they should be on the nrl website..

The Engineers Room

First Grade
If you watched our efforts before and after Finch. We are much much better in attack and more creative. His comment about open side attack was wrong as that is how Reddy almost scored and Burt's pass to Hayne try was not a strictly blindside play.

cgee221

Juniors
I wouldn't know what Gould said as I was at the game. :)

Haha same here Suitman, where were you sitting? I was at the Brewery yesterday too to scoping the place to see if any of you may have been around. Was dissapointed the bistro was closed :(

SDM

First Grade
gould is a f**king idiot

still, there are serious problems at your club, hagan should focus more on the team than writing stupidity in the telecrap

:lol::lol:

I am also quite surprised that Browny has finally turned the Saints around.

EELMAN JACK

Juniors
Gould should STFU

the day that happens will be the most memoriable day in history. i often wonder if gould was brought up or just kicked in the guts and told to get up. i would call him an idiot but that would be an insult to genuine idiots.

Parra Guru

Coach
I know we're all sick of hearing about Brett Finch but...

Today in commentary Gus said this.
"Brett Finch has carried this team for two years"
He even repeated it, as he does, to emphasise his point

Is it just me or is that THE stupidest comment I have ever heard, and do you all agree that Finch probably in fact held us back?
Honestly Gould.. get a grip.

Brett Finch was a Roosters player whilst Brad Fittler was playing. Gould has a basic instinct to lick his ar$e whenever possible.

Gould is a laughing stock though, did you see him try and say that Eastwood shouldn't have been penalised for taking out a player off the ball in the lead up to Reddy's first half no-try? Rabs ended up telling him to read a rule book, Gould was going on about it that much, when he had been proven wrong. Gus says "the Parra player ran into him" just as the replay showed Eastwood making a concerted effort with his elbow and shoulder to force the player to the ground without the ball :lol:

Yeah, Eastwood actually ran past the ball carrier into the attacking line to take out the runner, not the other way around. Fair enough if the decoy ran through into the defensive line.

gould is a f**king idiot

still, there are serious problems at your club, hagan should focus more on the team than writing stupidity in the telecrap

:lol: Did you not realise Daniel Anderson is our coach now?

shiznit

Coach
f**ken hell... people are having a go at Phil Gould...

he had nothing to do with this loss... the fact of the matter is theres a real big chance that Eels are going to get the spoon...

the bloody idiots released a classy halfback for no bloody reason... interesting how long he was on the open market... how long??? 2 days?? the Melbourne coaching staff(who also coach NSW & NZ)obviously see quality to snap him up that quickly.

as Parra is going to find out.. solid halfbacks are very tough to find these days... just ask the Tim Sheens who has Benji Marshall at halfback... The Warriors who have brought Stacey Jones back from retirement... the Dragons who have Hornby at Half.... and theres a heap of others around...

you treat these players like gold because its bloody tough to get another one...