What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phil Tufnell's jibe

JJ

Immortal
lockyno1 said:
Neither can Murali! And Ponting's is massively different becuase they shouldn't have to be sledged when they are at a presentation night! Big difference!

it wasn't sledging, it was humour, it was scripted, and it almost certainly wasn't Tuffer's idea - get over yourselves

Precious....

lockyno1

Post Whore
JJ said:
it wasn't sledging, it was humour, it was scripted, and it almost certainly wasn't Tuffer's idea - get over yourselves

Precious....

I say this again, it wasn't humour...it wasn't funny at all! None of the players found it funny one single bit and most of them have a good sense of humour!

budz

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
I say this again, it wasn't humour...it wasn't funny at all! None of the players found it funny one single bit and most of them have a good sense of humour!
Well i heard laughs from the crowd. And know plenty of people that tought it was funny.

lockyno1

Post Whore
budz said:
Well i heard laughs from the crowd. And know plenty of people that tought it was funny.

It is called editing! It is what they do with comedy shows all over the world!

budz

Juniors
Have a read of this! From fox sports.
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,18081438-23212,00.html

Ponting polling poorly
By staff writers
February 8, 2006

THE Prime Minister might believe Ricky Ponting is reacting reasonably to jibes from cricket wag Phil Tufnell over Australia's Ashes defeat, but the Australia captain is being given no sympathy by FOXSPORTS.com.au readers.

A poll today asking readers if the Australia team is thin-skinned is recording resounding results against Ponting's assertion it isn't - a whopping 80 per cent disagree with the Australia captain.

Ponting, who was upset because of Tufnell's broadcast Ashes ribbing during a night when the Tasmanian should have been ecstatic at winning his second Allan Border medal, admitted yesterday the comments had struck a raw nerve.

But he denied either he or his players were "thin-skinned".

"I don't think that means we're precious or anything like that," he said.

"We're there to enjoy the night for what it is and we had to sit there and go through that sort of stuff.

"Looking back in a week or two it will probably be quite funny, but at the Australian cricket team's night of nights for the whole year, I didn't think the timing was that good. It got my back up at the time."

Prime Minister and cricket tragic John Howard also defended Ponting's men resolutely today, and saved special praise for the first Australia captain to surrender the little urn to England for close to two decades.

"He's very fond of the game, and I think you've got to bear that in mind before making harsh judgments," Mr Howard said.

"I think there are occasions where the constant glare of publicity and the constant need to give press conferences and to give answers leads to (controversial comments).

Arguably what stuck sharpest in Ponting's craw was Tufnell's criticism of the captain's decision to bowl at Edgbaston in the second Test, knowing he was without his best fast bowler in Glenn McGrath, who'd fallen injured on the morning of the game.

Tufnell reacted with hysterical amazement when he was informed of Ponting's reaction to the skit overnight.

"My advice to Ricky and the boys would be to enjoy life before it's all gone," the former England spin bowler said.

Channel 9 had organised the broadcast with Tufnell, but the former England spinner claimed he knew nothing about when it would be broadcast. "What's the Allan Border medal?" he said, despite Nine executives promising yesterday to fly the "Cat" over for some payback should Australia win the Ashes in 2006/2007.

FOX SPORTS

IanG

Coach
#Ooooohh I am the music man I come from down your way and I can play#
#WHat can you play?#
#I Can play the Phillip Tuffnell#
#Ohhh can not field Ohhh can not field can not field can not field can not field can not field#

ANybody remmeber that?

lockyno1

Post Whore
The timing was terrible and shouldn't have been done. It was as simple as that! Whoever thought of that idea should be immediately sacked! My 10 bucks is on that idiot Mark Nicholas who annoys me more than Ian Healy commentating!

JJ

Immortal
it's a tremendous injustice, and the Aust Govt should launch a multi million dollar investigation and sue someone as soon as possible

borat

Bench
If you have a gripe about it ring channel 9. I mean whats Tufnell going to do when channel 9 calls and says they want him to make a few aussie jokes for the AB Medal, respectfully decline incase it hurts someone's feelings?

This is an ex player making a few pot shots and if the boot was on the other foot I would expect we would carve them up just as well.

lockyno1

Post Whore
JJ said:
it's a tremendous injustice, and the Aust Govt should launch a multi million dollar investigation and sue someone as soon as possible

Well I'd much rather that than spend millions doing gosh knows what for the rest of the year!

lockyno1

Post Whore
borat said:
If you have a gripe about it ring channel 9. I mean whats Tufnell going to do when channel 9 calls and says they want him to make a few aussie jokes for the AB Medal, respectfully decline incase it hurts someone's feelings?

This is an ex player making a few pot shots and if the boot was on the other foot I would expect we would carve them up just as well.

It just shouldn't have been done! It was Australian cricket's night of nights! The last thing I wanted to do is watch a damn Pom for 5 minutes on our night! I am not really blaming Tuffnell, but whoever is responsible deserves to be fired!

Balmain_Boy

f**king hell, Ponting needs to get over it. I'm sure he has. The fact that you're still whinging about it locky says a lot. Grow some balls mate.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Balmain_Boy said:
f**king hell, Ponting needs to get over it. I'm sure he has. The fact that you're still whinging about it locky says a lot. Grow some balls mate.

I am whinging becuase the skit was just not needed! It wrecked the night! I mean after that I just couldn't be bothered seeing the night. It left a black spot on our cricket awards! Channel 9 deserve to be shamed for putting it on!

Iafeta

Referee
lockyno1 said:
I am whinging becuase the skit was just not needed! It wrecked the night! I mean after that I just couldn't be bothered seeing the night. It left a black spot on our cricket awards! Channel 9 deserve to be shamed for putting it on!

You must really hate Reg Reagan then...

lockyno1

Post Whore
Iafeta said:
You must really hate Reg Reagan then...

Is that the bloke, aka Matt Jones from the NRL footy show? If it is I wouldn't know really becuase I only watch the AFL Footy Show!

Balmain_Boy

lockyno1 said:

Like I said, if it wrecked the night you need to grow some balls. You are carrying on like a woman about an absolute non event. I can udnerstand Ponting getting cut by it because tufnell made a fool of him. I still think he's a bit soft for whinging. But as for it ruining your night, you're a bloody sissy.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Balmain_Boy said:
Like I said, if it wrecked the night you need to grow some balls. You are carrying on like a woman about an absolute non event. I can udnerstand Ponting getting cut by it because tufnell made a fool of him. I still think he's a bit soft for whinging. But as for it ruining your night, you're a bloody sissy.

I am a cricket fan, and an AUSTRALIAN fan! What on earth is a POM doing on the Australian cricket awards! It does not make sense! I had to edit my DVD that I recorded this on to delete the fool off the DVD! It wasted my time!

Iafeta

Referee
Locky, dead set, are you having hot flushes?

Take a chill pill. Don't take it so seriously. Wooosssaaaa.. deep breath in, deep breath out, Woooossssaaaaa.

Latest posts