What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picking the Blues halfback

Sood

Juniors
I think they should go for one of the more experienced guys.
Pearce is probably going to be the future blues halfback but i think its way too early to pick him.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Well the more important question is who is going to be playing hooker, before we decide on a halfback.

If the slelectors are are watching the game and learn't anything from last year then we will see Farah at hooker.

I would then go with Kimmorely at halfback with Bird at five-eight.

If the selectors f**k up again as usual and retain Buderus than we need more creativity from the halfback.

I would go with Finch and pray he has a good day. That overatted log Anasta would then end up at five-eight.

In my opinion 9.Farah 7.Kimmorely 6.Bird is infinetly stronger than 9.Buderus 7.Finch 6.Anasta.

Shorty

Staff member
Peter Wallace - Has proven that he can pick up the slack under the pressure.
Would not be surprised for Mitch Pearce being into the mix just due to Braith's role on the NSW side.

Karmawave

Bench
His terrible performance in origin 1 being the other stuff?

What are you talking about? Mullen was good in Origin 1 :lol: He led NSW to a significant first half lead. Wasn't his fault that the QLDers got all over the soft NSW forwards in the second half.

He would never have been dropped for Game 2 if he wasn't injured.

mxlegend99

Referee
What are you talking about? Mullen was good in Origin 1 :lol: He led NSW to a significant first half lead. Wasn't his fault that the QLDers got all over the soft NSW forwards in the second half.

He would never have been dropped for Game 2 if he wasn't injured.
Did he even once find the ground off one of his kicks?

He was terrible in his Origin debut.

tiger_nick

Bench
start of the year i would have said carney but ive been pretty dissapointed with him this year.

no idea at the moment, its way open.

i just hope its not farah, however i have a sneaking suspicion bellamey wants him there....

adamkungl

Immortal
Brett Finch
Always puts in 100%, top defensive half, but too inconsistent. Can tear apart a team or be utterly useless. Which Finch will turn up if picked?
Peter Wallace
Looked very impressive early in the season. Don't know what happened friday i missed the game. If he continues to play well, particularly with Lockyer struggling, I wouldn't mind seeing him in there.
Todd Carney
Big wraps on him from all over the place, but in sh*t form. Don't think he should or will get it, and if Pearce or Mullen fire consistently might be a long time til he does.
Jarrod Mullen
I didn't think he was that bad last year. Kicking game was off, but NSW forwards were about as tough as marshmallows. Wouldn't mind seeing him there.
Matt Orford
Meh. Proven choker. Hadn't heard boo from him until last week. Can possibly play into some decent form in the next month, but still, proven choker. No thanks.
Brett Kimmorley
Been there, done that. And that's when he was in good form. Sharks attack still as flat as that pregnant ladyboy's chest.
Mitchell Pearce
Form halfback of the comp. With Anasta likely to be the 6, the combination could count in his favour. Too young maybe, but NSW need to look to the future.

While we're at it, for 5/8th

Braith Anasta
Form 5/8th of the comp, in the form halves combo in the form team of the comp. Played decent but wasn't overly impressive last year, however both halves were let down completely by the forwards in game 1 and 2.

Greg Bird
Proved himself big time last year, especially for Australia. Not a regular 5/8th however, I think he should play at lock.

Daylight, then the rest of them
Fuggin useless, the lot of them. Maybe Carney could have a look if his form picked up, he's a better 6 than 7 anyway. But ffs NSW doesn't have much depth here.

OuTkAsT

Juniors
Gunning for panthers.. I really hope you meant mitchell pearce has been the best NSW halfback this year.. No wasy does he beat prince. LOL

adamkungl

Immortal
Gunning for panthers.. I really hope you meant mitchell pearce has been the best NSW halfback this year.. No wasy does he beat prince. LOL

ah i might be guilty of that as wewll when i said form halfback of the comp. Forgot about Princey. He's a good player. If Cowboys return to their early form Prince could very well see some rep jerseys.

orochimaru

Juniors
1. Brett Stewart
3. Jarryd Hayne
4. Mark Gasnier
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Mitchel Pearce / Scott Dureau
8. Willie Mason
9. Danny Buderus
10. Paul Gallen
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Greg Bird

14. Kurt Gidley

Raider_69

Post Whore
Scott Dureau
:lol:

awesome joke!
FTR - Carney has played like a busted arse this year, he needs to pick his game up and FAST if he is any hope

Tom Ace

Bench
I know this is selfish but I hope to god they don't pick Pearce...or any of our players to be honest.

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
I know this is selfish but I hope to god they don't pick Pearce...or any of our players to be honest.

i generally agree with this mentality but i think that pearce could benefit from the experience of origin as a preperation for big matches in september (i hope).

adamkungl

Immortal

We could have a fair few in the ANZAC Test as well.
in contention:
Minichiello, SKD, Perret, Anasta if Lockyers injured, Mason, Myles and Fitzy would have to be worth a look, Toops.