What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Piss Poor Membership Package

Bay56

First Grade
I noted in a previous thread that I received a membership package from the Melbourne Storm ... a multi-page booklet ... very professional presentation.

Compare this with the package from my own club and it leaves one pondering.

After having paid my membership for the 10th year I have now received my tickets and sundry items ... all in a bent A4 envelope with my name incorrectly spelt in BIG (and I mean big) hand written wonky letters. Included in the evelope is a bent team poster ... well thanks Raiders management, you should not have taken as much care.

This in in my opinion is a reflection of a two bit part time unprofessional organisation .. if you cant get it right at the front office you havent got much chance elsewhere.

Raider_69

Post Whore
So you're blaming the club for Australia Post's handling of the package (and im assuming it aust post who delivered the package, please correct me if im incorrect)

It amazes me how often in my line of work i have to deal with people who ring my company whinging about the same thing, once it leaves the vendors hands, the condition of the freight can not be controlled, granted the Raiders should be on Aust Post like Casey Donavan to dounuts regarding proper handling of the packages but you're greviences lay with the courior assigned to the job, not with the Raiders, i have no doubt the package left the raiders hands in mint condition.

I'm guessing they Wrote Bay 56 with the space?

We get great value for money with our season tickets, by far the cheapest in the NRL as well as having better facilities then many other clubs.

Anything we get after that is a bonus.

But hey it's much easier to focus on negatives.

But I agree, Don Furner should individually deliver every envelope to every house to ensure quality control.

Bay56

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
So you're blaming the club for Australia Post's handling of the package (and im assuming it aust post who delivered the package, please correct me if im incorrect)

It amazes me how often in my line of work i have to deal with people who ring my company whinging about the same thing, once it leaves the vendors hands, the condition of the freight can not be controlled, granted the Raiders should be on Aust Post like Casey Donavan to dounuts regarding proper handling of the packages but you're greviences lay with the courior assigned to the job, not with the Raiders, i have no doubt the package left the raiders hands in mint condition.

R69 I'm blaming the club for not packaging the contents properly in the first place ...

.. all it needed was a stiff piece of cardboard and you avoid damaging the contents.

.. my name/address would have been more neatly written by a pre-school kid ... with my name spelt incorrecly.

Schifty the difference between making sure a package gets to a member is not the equivalent of the $300 or so difference we pay in membership.

Poor effort by the front office and not one that we should just accept ... as you guys seem to be agreeing to ... I'm sure the same package would not have been delivered to a corporate sponsor

Bay56

First Grade
Raider Azz said:
of all the things to blame the club for this one certinately takes the cake

So Azz I cant complain about poor player recruitment (in the past) ... and all the way down to poor member packing ..

what the f**k can I criticise them for ... is there anything the club does that is open ot general criticism or should we as supporters turn a blind eye to all and accept sh*te.

geez some of you guys get on the defensive when there is the slightest sign of criticism.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
You just have to criticise, don't you Bay. What is the point in criticising if it gets nowhere? If they can't get it right for you after 10 years, what makes you think things are going to change now?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bay56 said:
R69 I'm blaming the club for not packaging the contents properly in the first place ...

.. all it needed was a stiff piece of cardboard and you avoid damaging the contents.

.. my name/address would have been more neatly written by a pre-school kid ... with my name spelt incorrecly.

Schifty the difference between making sure a package gets to a member is not the equivalent of the $300 or so difference we pay in membership.

Poor effort by the front office and not one that we should just accept ... as you guys seem to be agreeing to ... I'm sure the same package would not have been delivered to a corporate sponsor

So what, they spelt you're name wrong on the packaging, big bloody deal, it happens everywhere you go, panthers spelt my last name wrong on my membership card this year and they are a multi million dollar company, and quite successful at that. Clerical errors arnt something to piss and moan about, it doesnt matter which organisation you go to, they will occur, human error, no one is perfect, not even the great and honourable Bay 56 :roll: ... and as for how its written? Bloody hell mate, its an address written on a package you'll throw out, its design is to ensure the package gets to the place its suppose to go, that happened, so whats the bloody issue?

And having dealt with couriers and freights, i can tell you a bit of cardboard wouldn't have done f**k all, as 99% of employee's handling packages don't give a f**k unless its got "fragile" plastered all over the thing.

You're complaining for the shear sake of it

Bay56

First Grade
Chachi said:
Do you have an A4 size letterbox?

So let me just get this straight Chachi

If I pick up my new car, delivered and packaged by the dealership, with my name incorrectly spelt on the rego papers, and with scratches down the side panel they can blame me for not having the correct size garage.

FFS dudes, as I said, it reflects on an unprofessional organisation who couldnt give a f**k how about the little things. An organisation with that sort of mindset has a tendency to get the bigger things out of kilter as well ... hence the crap we've had to put up with in the past decade.

I would not have even dreamt of releasing a package from our organisation in such a state ... and had anyone in our organisation done so they would have been reprimanded for it.

If you accept mediocrity that is what you will continually be served up with.

Raider_69 said:
So what, they spelt you're name wrong on the packaging, big bloody deal, it happens everywhere you go, panthers spelt my last name wrong on my membership card this year and they are a multi million dollar company, and quite successful at that. Clerical errors arnt something to piss and moan about, it doesnt matter which organisation you go to, they will occur, human error, no one is perfect, not even the great and honourable Bay 56 :roll: ... and as for how its written? Bloody hell mate, its an address written on a package you'll throw out, its design is to ensure the package gets to the place its suppose to go, that happened, so whats the bloody issue?

And having dealt with couriers and freights, i can tell you a bit of cardboard wouldn't have done f**k all, as 99% of employee's handling packages don't give a f**k unless its got "fragile" plastered all over the thing.

You're complaining for the shear sake of it

Even stamping fragile all over it doesn't ensure safety, I remember recieveing boxes that were stamped with fragile yet had corners dented in..

Also, how the F*ck have you not received a Life time ban from Panthers yet?

Bay56

First Grade
My forensic abilities would also indicate that the person who addressed the thing was left handed ... boyo talk about a slant to the left that you've never seen ... either that or they where writing on an evelope that wasnt parallel to the edges of the desk .... and who in the f**king hell puts dots between the letters ACT anymore

Bay56 said:
My forensic abilities would also indicate that the person who addressed the thing was left handed ... boyo talk about a slant to the left that you've never seen ... either that or they where writing on an evelope that wasnt parallel to the edges of the desk .... and who in the f**king hell puts dots between the letters ACT anymore

Now you're gettng desperate to find stuff to bag the club about. What's next? They had the nerve to use blue pen instead of black?

Bay56

First Grade
Stelios Giannakopoulos said:
Now you're gettng desperate to find stuff to bag the club about. What's next? They had the nerve to use blue pen instead of black?

Actually they used black Schifty

Have you got your package yet dude ... I tell you it really makes you feel important.

You even get the season draw all on one piece of A4 ... a real bargain ... what else, lets see, you get a little thing that entitles you to pick up your cap, keyring and poster (to make up for the bent one they give you in the envelope) ... you get a letter from Tonguey ... and you get some free drink vouchers for use at the Tradies (I've got four sheets each of 12 vouchers ... thinking of posting a few to R69 :lol:)

Bay56 said:
Actually they used black Schifty

Have you got your package yet dude ... I tell you it really makes you feel important.

You even get the season draw all on one piece of A4 ... a real bargain ... what else, lets see, you get a little thing that entitles you to pick up your cap, keyring and poster (to make up for the bent one they give you in the envelope) ... you get a letter from Tonguey ... and you get some free drink vouchers for use at the Tradies (I've got four sheets each of 12 vouchers ... thinking of posting a few to R69 :lol:)

Haven't renewed just yet, but will once some stuff get sorted out.

But don't worry I'll be sure to demand it gets delivered via Toll Priority with atleast a fringe first grader being the delivery man.

p.s.. 48 drink vouchers :eek: and you say the club doesn't look after you, maybe you can use one of them on Don Furner as an ice breaker prior to starting your rant ;-)

Bay56

First Grade
Haven't renewed yet !!!

huh, and you've got the hide to criticise me !!

forked out my $415 about 3 weeks ago ... the club benefits from my early renewal

Bay56 said:
Haven't renewed yet !!!

huh, and you've got the hide to criticise me !!

forked out my $415 about 3 weeks ago ... the club benefits from my early renewal

We have to sort some stuff out with the Raiders Army before we renew... Once that's finished the club will recieve a flood of renewels from all of us.

p.s. Still spots in bay 72 if you want to switch over, I might even be able to organize you a seat next to Nick ;-)

(KW)

Juniors
56, If I agree with you, will you give me your drink vouchers??

KW

ps. sneeky chance that the hand written stuff was done by a disabled employee on a work placement program......a great initiative by the club which they should be commended for.