What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Piss Poor Membership Package

Hanscholo

Bench
In Melbourne memberships must compete with the AFL membership, which is a very important item down there. In NSW memberships are an afterthought, clubs dont survive on them like they do in Melb. Your buying a 'membership' not a cruise for two.

Bay56

First Grade
Hanscholo said:
In Melbourne memberships must compete with the AFL membership, which is a very important item down there. In NSW memberships are an afterthought, clubs dont survive on them like they do in Melb. Your buying a 'membership' not a cruise for two.

Dude at $100 a pop over a membership base of say 7500 the club gains $750,000 (less membership expenses). That 750K can mean the difference between survival and disaster.

And that is not to memtion the fact that you wont find too many broadcasters willing to take their cameras to an empty stadium ... nor would players wont to play in a stadium with no atmosphere.

Supporters are the most important commodity any sporting club has.

skeepe

Immortal
Bay56 said:
Dude at $100 a pop over a membership base of say 7500 the club gains $750,000 (less membership expenses). That 750K can mean the difference between survival and disaster.

Sure. But then they lose the gate takings per match of, oh I don't know, 7500 or so supporters. And of course, the other membership expenses you alluded to. I doubt they rake in anywhere near the 750K you mention.

edabomb

First Grade
Bay56 said:
cant do dude ... dont want people like yourself knowing my address

You can cut out everything except the name and the State. You can't complain like this without backing it up Bayo.

Is your favourite song that A Bay Bay one?? :lol:

Bay56

First Grade
skeepe said:
Sure. But then they lose the gate takings per match of, oh I don't know, 7500 or so supporters. And of course, the other membership expenses you alluded to. I doubt they rake in anywhere near the 750K you mention.

Not sure what you are getting at skip ... the bottom line is that 7500 membership guarantees the club 7500 gate receipts ... it also guarantees a good proportion of that 7500 with bums on seats at the stadium come rail/hail/shine.

Therefore the bigger that number the more supporters at the ground ... hence the bumbies success of recent times.

Bay56

First Grade
edabomb said:
You can cut out everything except the name and the State. You can't complain like this without backing it up Bayo.

Is your favourite song that A Bay Bay one?? :lol:

you bet your arse I can ed ... and I just did

dude have i ever lied in the past to you ... take it from me it was a very unprofessional look ... but if the club have been utilsing the assistance of the dsabled in our community I take it all back and sincerely apologise to the person in question ... to the club I say at least make your members aware of this.

Chachi

Bench
You do have a point that high season ticket holdings automatically generate the "hot ticket" marketability for the club, however the key factor will always be performance on the field. The other thing is, season ticket holders are a different thing to "members". I'm fairly certain a lot of AFL memberships have nothing to do with bums on seats - many of them are out-of-town memberships only with no season ticket seat allocation (which are counted in crowd numbers whether the people turn up or not).

The club will actually do financially better if they manage to fill the stadium without having the majority of the crowd coming in on discounted membership tickets.

(KW)

Juniors
I think you would all be surprised at how little our club makes from gate takings.

Once you take into consideration that Canberra Stadium and Ticketek take a slice of every ticket sold, the amount we have to spend on security and AFP presence (which increases as crowd numbers increase) and that we make $0 on catering at the ground, one could almost start an argument that we should upgrade the ground that we own (Seiffert Oval, for the uninitiated).

KW

Bay56

First Grade
(KW) said:
I think you would all be surprised at how little our club makes from gate takings.

Once you take into consideration that Canberra Stadium and Ticketek take a slice of every ticket sold, the amount we have to spend on security and AFP presence (which increases as crowd numbers increase) and that we make $0 on catering at the ground, one could almost start an argument that we should upgrade the ground that we own (Seiffert Oval, for the uninitiated).

KW

So why does the club bother to sell membership ??

Security and AFP presence would have to be paid irrespective.

I'm sure the club takes a cut of the caterers

The ACT Gov has a deal in place to keep the Raiders at Bruce ... that is a commercial transaction that I'm sure beneftis both parties.

Where in hell is the QCC going to find space to park all those cars ... maybe they can use that white elephant on Morriset St (next to the sewer pumping station)

How come I've got a red dot against my ID and you guys have green .. I wont green dammit !!

skeepe

Immortal
Bay56 said:
So why does the club bother to sell membership ??

Security and AFP presence would have to be paid irrespective.

I'm sure the club takes a cut of the caterers

The ACT Gov has a deal in place to keep the Raiders at Bruce ... that is a commercial transaction that I'm sure beneftis both parties.

Where in hell is the QCC going to find space to park all those cars ... maybe they can use that white elephant on Morriset St (next to the sewer pumping station)

How come I've got a red dot against my ID and you guys have green .. I wont green dammit !!

Because you've decided you don't want to appear in the "Currently Active Users" list. Turn your invisibility off and bingo! Green dot.

Oh and those shots at the great city of Queanbeyan are crossing the line pal. ;-)

(KW)

Juniors
Not 100% sure, but I would say the club would make more for the 12 tickets sold as a season ticket then they would for 12 tickets sold individually at the ground. For the season tickets, it is HQ staff doing the leg work, at the ground, it is ticketek staff.

Incorrect, we would have more say in the price we pay for security staff, rather then having that price dictated to them. (mainly incorrect because it would NSW Police as opposed to AFP).

Club makes $0 from catering.

Cars can park on Taylor park, QBN East Primary School, Campese field, Blundell Park etc and the white elephant if required. Also, with the upgrade to the Main Grandstand, we would 'acquire" houses on high street and build a multi story car park.

All a pipe dream, but a nice dream nonetheless.

KW

skeepe

Immortal
Your quotation marks are around the wrong word there KW. They should be around "houses" for those debacles on High St.

The Glebe Park area is where it's at.

(KW)

Juniors
The disrespect that many canberrans show the great town of QBN is very dissapointing. Any fan of the green should know that the club would not exist (not in its present form anyways) without QBN.

KW

Bay56

First Grade
geez you Queanbeyanites are so defensive ...

I never cross the border without a good set of wheel nuts and preferably someone running shotgun for me

skeepe

Immortal
Bay56 said:
geez you Queanbeyanites are so defensive ...

I never cross the border without a good set of wheel nuts and preferably someone running shotgun for me

To be fair, that sounds more like something you'd need in the Canberra suburb of Oaks Estate than good ol' Queanbeyan.

Bay56

First Grade
Stelios Giannakopoulos said:
QBN has produced some great talent, Thurling, Campese.. Then there's the likes of KW.

They also have the finest highschool in NSW.

so why dont you shifty there schifty ... huh huh ... stumped ay ay