What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PJ Being shopped around ?

James_Hardie

Juniors
eelavation said:
well since Judas did the dirty on us again it's become apparent as far as I'm concerned that Blake Green should be a priority, no matter who we may get for the position.

The problem is I don't know whether Hagan thinks so.

Has Mullen re-signed with Newcastle yet? If Hagan wasn't keen on Blake, the only reason would be (you would think) because he has someone else in mind and Mullen of course is someone he works with.

Having said that if Hagan is watching our premier league tapes, then he would have seen alot of improvement in Blake's game just in the last month. So perhaps his view will change (if indeed he didn't originally plan to keep him).

Kornstar

Coach
I seriously believe are future in the halves is

6.Green
7.T.Smith

PJ can do whatever he wants but if we have decent forwards then this halves combo will tear teams to shreds!!!!

Our focus must now be Green!!!!!

The Colonel

Immortal
James_Hardie said:
Has Mullen re-signed with Newcastle yet? If Hagan wasn't keen on Blake, the only reason would be (you would think) because he has someone else in mind and Mullen of course is someone he works with.

Having said that if Hagan is watching our premier league tapes, then he would have seen alot of improvement in Blake's game just in the last month. So perhaps his view will change (if indeed he didn't originally plan to keep him).

Mullen is signed with Newcastle til 2009 I think now.

The Colonel

Immortal
Targetted often in defence and overplays his hand at times. Has his moments but hasn't kicked on like expected. I wouldn't expect him to be out of Flegg anytime soon. If they keep the majority of that team they have now together we will see better things from them.

Redback71

First Grade
what if we loose pj marsh and morris then we loose our 5/8th and hookers not good who do we replace them with? id rather let piggy go as his been crap lately

Y2Eel

First Grade
let piggy go play marsh for the full 80 and i dunno who can play 5/8 maybe wing he would be a good signing....

Stagger eel

Staff member
I wish people would understand that you can't just let players go if they're under contract, we can allow them to test the open market and see if a club is willing to buy out their contract....so it doesn't effect our cap for the next year, there's nothing I hate more than to see a player go to another club and we're paying a portion of their contract money the season after [ie: Adam Dykes and Clinton Schifcofske...]

Kornstar

Coach
Keating has been a little dissapointing, although the Flegg forwards aren't much chop, so i would like to see him with better forwards before we write him off. He certainly has potential but he won't be leaving flegg any time soon.

Matt Keating however has been quite good at hooker in Prems, i am very impressed with his progress

sooperdooper

First Grade
dazeely said:
Also think we need a utility type player like Wagon , O'Dwyer to play at lock that can be called upon if needed (eg injuries) to play in the backline.

I realize Wagon is almost done and O'Dwyer has gone but someone similar to them.

therefore:

6. ?????
7. T Smith

13. Wagon (or someone similar- utility)
12. Fitzgibbon or Nate Myles
11. Hindy
10. Asotasi
9. PJ or Morris
8. Cayless

14. Piggy
15. Fui
16. Tsolous or Cordoba
17. Chad (can be called to play up front )

** assuming Widders will move on
that would be delaney..if he stays...

jayjayselmes

Juniors
lso marsh only just came back WTF!!!!

I have a friend that lives in Seven Hills wo said his brother is part ownser of the BALL PLAYA brand that Pj Marsh and him came up with to promote clothing and hat ETC.

Apprently marsh does want to play halfback and wants to play the whole game instead of 40 mins a game.

Dam with morriss also wanting the halfback role and PJ wanting it to and Tim Smith in the spot what are we going to do.

Oh my lord is we lose morriss, PJ, Wade and lyon all to keep tim smith and his cat cronie forwards we are in dire strights i cant believe this.

And parra will do it to these players are as good as gone

jayjayselmes

Juniors
the best half combo is

6. Morriss
7 lyon

or

6 lyon
7 marsh
9 moriss
13. piggyt a running second rower

tim smith is th wk link you cant deny that!!

sooperdooper

First Grade
why is everyone panicing?
i mean everyone is throwing up these hypotheticals and switching it all around
I am sure the guys down at parra are working with hagan and have a business plan in there sights. They have there targets and are no doubt building towards signing some of our current talent and bring in some new talent
i thought we went wrong last year when we didnt sign anyone at all. I think a fresh face is always a good thing

pazzaeel

Juniors
the best half combo is

6. Morriss
7 lyon

or

6 lyon
7 marsh
9 moriss
13. piggyt a running second rower

tim smith is th wk link you cant deny that!!

is that sh*t english? slow down when you type.

lyon at halfback - wtf?

Kornstar

Coach
I think jayjayselmes needs to take his medicine......Lyon and Morris in the halves????? We would have absolutely no direction!!!!!!!

Redback71

First Grade
and what if we loose them and fail to make any new descent signings.

there we are well and truly stuffed

Stagger eel

Staff member
sooperdooper said:
why is everyone panicing?
i mean everyone is throwing up these hypotheticals and switching it all around
I am sure the guys down at parra are working with hagan and have a business plan in there sights. They have there targets and are no doubt building towards signing some of our current talent and bring in some new talent
i thought we went wrong last year when we didnt sign anyone at all. I think a fresh face is always a good thing

well said!!

I'll tell you now..our football manager has been working 24/7 towards shoreing up our player roster for next season..I'm not saying that will be making several major signings but I will say that they are definitely on the look for a few big names.

they won't die wondering.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
With all the players we are supposedly letting go we should have heaps of cash to splash around on some major signings too!!