What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Play the NZ Anthem at the NRL Grand Final.

dpnz1

Juniors
I'm all for the anthems, but I don't think they should do the "pan" down the team whilst anthems are playing this year. Aussie warriors shouldnt feel like they need to pretend to sing. Just do still shots going from crowd --> player singing --> singer--> crowd --> player singing --> singer etc

This.

Both anthems should be played because it is a grand final. For the Australian Players, and New Zealand players.

Please do not have the camera pan across the players for each individual anthem suggesting that one warriors are NZ and manly AUS.

Camera should show the crowd and singer.

Players should sing their correct anthem..

Wilson1

Juniors
Funny thing is we think exactly the same way, but in reverse.

Nah, I don't like the Aussie anthem. It's probably just because I hear it to much at Commonwealth games though. I like our anthem but I know a lot of people who don't or who prefer other countries' anthems.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
How can we have a second NZ NRL side if one of them is called the New Zealand Warriors?

A return to Auckland Warriors marketing moniker is a must IMO.

They're not called the NZ Warriors, they're just the Warriors. It's a common misconception. Thats said I'd like to see them return to being the Auckland Warriors, especially if we get a second side in the comp.

Re anthem, I still think if you are going to play them at all (and I wouldn't be fussed if they didn't) it's most appropriate to play the anthems of the countries in which the teams playing on the day are based. It's a gesture of goodwill and recognition if nothing else.

ozjet1

They're not called the NZ Warriors, they're just the Warriors. It's a common misconception. Thats said I'd like to see them return to being the Auckland Warriors, especially if we get a second side in the comp.

Re anthem, I still think if you are going to play them at all (and I wouldn't be fussed if they didn't) it's most appropriate to play the anthems of the countries in which the teams playing on the day are based. It's a gesture of goodwill and recognition if nothing else.

new zealand warriors ltd.

even their official NRL abbreviation is NZW.

IanG

Coach
agreed!

plus nz prime minister will be there, so its the polite thing to do

:)

You mean John Key has managed to wrench himself away from the Rah Rah? My goodness.

I bet Peter Leitch will be there with bells on too.

Latest posts