What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Clean out

Joker's Wild

Coach
Uate, McManus, Houston, Snowden, Clydesdale, Scott, Gidley, Roberts, Randell, Newton, Mataora, Ross.

Tariq I am sure we are overpaying as well. I think Tapine is a more dangerous runner than him and Rochow is a better ballplayer in the second-row. I would move Tariq to lock next year and have him go hard for 50 minutes, with Jez subbing on for the rest. We want a strong presence in the middle of the field and talent on the edges.

I want to see Brown put Mamo on a wing, Gagai at fullback, Sione at centre, and then find a value-for-money winger from somewhere. The other centre I have no idea where he comes from.

Tapine, Rochow and Korbin must start next year. Stockwell is solid and I am looking forward to getting Paea.

I really hope we sign one of Farah or Ballin.

1. Gagai
2. Mamo
4. Sione
6. Mullen
7. Hodkinson
8. Korbin
9. Farah/Ballin(please...)
10. Stockwell
11. Tapine
12. Rochow
13. Tariq

14. Paea
16. J Smith
17. Levi

I don't know where the rest comes from but that is where I would start.

Centre is a huge issue for us. Massive even

Sione needs to go back to the wing for awhile and as you state, Gags is our best FB option

Anyone off contract this year? ESL perhaps?

Tommy Briscoe from Leeds is a talent. Sharks signed him but he backed out. The one back over there above all others I would chase is Zak Hardaker. He is a big, strong and fast fullback. Reminds me of Dugan but better.

1qaz

Juniors
Feeney has the size and speed to make a go of centre.
He has always been a ball runner first.
Mamo can do what he has been doing from wing.
Dane needs to be fullback.

Joel-22

Juniors
1.Dane Gagai
2.Jake Mamo
3.-
4.-
5.Sione Matautai
6.Jarrod Mullen
7.Trent Hodkinson
8.Aiden Tolman
9.Danny Levi
10.Korbin Sims
11.Robbie Rochow
12.Joseph Tapine
13.Tariq Sims

14.Micky Paea
15.Jack Stockwell
16.Jeremy Smith
17.-

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
1.Dane Gagai
2.Jake Mamo
3.-
4.-
5.Sione Matautai
6.Jarrod Mullen
7.Trent Hodkinson
8.Aiden Tolman
9.Danny Levi
10.Korbin Sims
11.Robbie Rochow
12.Joseph Tapine
13.Tariq Sims

14.Micky Paea
15.Jack Stockwell
16.Jeremy Smith
17.-

Assuming Farah doesnt come, id give the last bench spot to Randell (with Levi and Clydsdale duking it out for the 9).

Randell is nothing special, but can cover most positions and brings a lot of energy. Reminds me of MattHilder/Kidley without the ego. And i just dont see Levi/Clyds being an 80 minute player every week for at least a few years.

Joel-22

Juniors
Assuming Farah doesnt come, id give the last bench spot to Randell (with Levi and Clydsdale duking it out for the 9).

Randell is nothing special, but can cover most positions and brings a lot of energy. Reminds me of MattHilder/Kidley without the ego. And i just dont see Levi/Clyds being an 80 minute player every week for at least a few years.

I could definitely live with that.

What has alarmed me is that in the finals series Ndaira has totally outplayed Levi.

I think Levi may need a good break and a good off season.

Jono078

Referee
What has alarmed me is that in the finals series Ndaira has totally outplayed Levi.

I think Levi may need a good break and a good off season.

Agreed. He's looked a little sluggish to me. Probably just needs a break to freshen up and then have a big off season to get the fitness and spring back in his step.

Very well could have been playing injured recently.

harrywilliams

Juniors
Yeah he has been playing with injury plus the kid is only 19 years old. He literally was our NSW Cup's best player for almost every game he played, he was in blinding form but I say the last week or two really took it out of him. Going from NYC to NSW Cup to first grade, he played a few 80 minute games and was injured for the final 6 weeks or so. He's done well and will be a huge asset next year after a freshen up and another full pre season.

Zoidberg

First Grade
The Brown era has begun and we've had our first casualty of his clean out.

Adam Clydesdale > Canberra Raiders.

Adios amigo.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl.../story-fn2mcuj6-1227557885744?from=public_rss

I'm ok with this. Unfortunately for Clydesdale I think he is the wrong type of hooker the game needs now. Need more of a quick, zippy player not a solid good defender. Bennett probably wasn't good for him either. Coached him out of running and kicking from dummy half (from what I've heard he did frequently in lower grades).

We have better options to cover hooker I feel so this is a good move.

otori

Juniors
It's interesting he turned down the opportunity at Melbourne. There's obviously no guarantee Smith will retire any time soon but working with him and Bellamy would surely be better than competing with Baptiste for a bench spot.

slotmachine

First Grade
He didn't turn down anything.
The Storm were only offering a second tier deal, so it made no sense for the Knights to move him on to save $30-40k.

Brown is trying his best to get rid of players he does not want it appears. I hope he makes it clear as day to the players he wants gone they are on borrowed time unless they pull a miracle out of nowhere and find career best form and regardless any future deals are far less than the current ones. I cannot see Brown paying overs TBH. He sent overpaid St Helens players walking.

perverse

Referee
Cool. It seems like most of the targets we've had in the off season so far have turned us down, so I guess we'll end up with some useless depth nuffy once Brown realizes he's coaching the HMAS Dogshit and no-one wants on board.

Swarzey

Bench
Our two targets have been Tolman and Farah. One won't be released and the other doesn't want to leave his club. Not too surprised you're so damn negative about it. The only players on the market, at all, are useless depth nuffies so I don't know who you expect to the club to land. Big signings? They happen during the season well before it ends like the Hodkinson signing.

Anyway, still disappointed we'll end up with Randell on the bench for the next year at least.

Hard to please anyone around here. Brown is trying to make space to compete in the market. I do not think he will sign for the sake of it. At least he could see having three dummy halves is plain stupid. Clydesdale is a NSW Cup player IMO. Very slow on the ball and predictable.

Haffa

Clydesdale will be another Joel Edwards level signing for the Green Scum.

Happy with the moves out so far hopefully Browny clears enough room to plug a few holes.