What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player market news

greeneyed

First Grade
Today's CT claims we are abut to reverse our recruitment form, and are negotiating with three name NRL players. The Raiders have $800,000 spare under the cap. Unsigned players linked to the Raiders are Craig Frawley (Broncos) and Stephen Kearney (Storm - now confirmed he is going to the UK). Carl Webb rejected a Raiders offer. According to the CT, the picks in the rest of the crop, still unsigned, are Kirk Reynoldson (Storm), Ben Hornby (St George) and Lee Hookey (Souths).

The Raiders will announce the re-signing of "three young players" today. It is suggested this will include Rothery and Kahler.

Players still unsigned:

Broncos: Lockyer, Tallis, Casey McGuire, Brett Seymour, Neville Costigan, Nick Parfitt, Michael De Vere

Canterbury: Hazem El Masri, Brett Oliver, Jamie Feeney, Dennis Scott, Roy Asotosi

Cronulla: David Peachey, Greg Bird, Paul Franze, Jason Kent, Matt Rieck, Pat Givson, Chris Beattie, Matt Bickerstaff

Manly: Scott Donald, Albert Torrens, Luke Williamson, Nathan Hollingsworth, Nick Bradley Qalilawa

Storm: Ben MacDougal, Stephen Kearney, Kirk Reynoldson

Newcastle: Robbie O'Davis, Clint Newton, George Carmont, Jamie Fitzgerald, David Seage

NZ: Justin Murphy

NQ: Kevin Campion, Daniel Strickland, Brenton Bowen, Neil Sweeney, Lamion Lowe, Rod Jensen

Parramatta: Eric Grothe, Lee Hopkins, Craig Stapleton, Junior Langi, Corey Pearson

Penrith: Frank Puletua

Souths: Brad Watts, Lee Hookey

St George: Ben Hornby, Tony Jensen, Michael Howell, Nathan Long, Daniel Holdsworth

Roosters: Ned Catic, Steve Crouch, Gavin Lester, Luke Dorn, Luke Phillips

Wests: Darren Senter, Michael Beuttner, Robert Miles, Luke Branighan, Robert Mears.

hrundi99

First Grade
How good would Reynoldson look in lime green?

Taking over from Terry Regan, etc as the viking incarnate.

I hope they stay away from Hookey.

Sign Frawley, Reynoldson and our younger guys and I'd be happy.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Frawley is a future QLD rep, he's only played limited games in his career but he just keeps getting better and better.

Paullyboy

Coach
Id love it if we went after Frawley, the Broncos have absolutely massive wraps on him and that is usually a fair sign that he will be a gun.

But having said that Ive seen him play for myself and have been impressed with him.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Frawley would be a decent buy, but he is a winger and we have a few of them
we need centres, maybe he can play centre or move Graham into the centres

Frawley is a centre though, he only plays out of the wing due to neccessity.

This would be an awesome signing, I didn't even realise that he was off-contract.

I'd go with:

1. Schif
2. Graham
3. Mogg
4. Frawley
5. Gafa

I reckon Phil's a much better winger, and centre is Frawley's preferred position. This could be a great signing.

I just re-read that list, and surely that must be wrong.

Roy Asotasi is off-contract?!?!?

I haven't heard anything about him in terms of player movements, and if he was off-contract, he would have almost every NRL team chasing him. Surely that must be wrong... unless it is true, in which case we should throw the bank at him.

mike83au

Juniors
I thought Asotasi had been signed/ was going to be signed by the Sharks...

Sure I heard that somewhere...

brenno

Juniors
i thought he was resigned or signed elsewhere already. However, if he's off-contract then the raiders brass have to sign him up.

Bay56

First Grade
Frawley and Webb have been signed by the Cowboys as far as I know ... another failure from Elliot and co to sign quality players.

jed

First Grade
I think it's one thing to blame the coach and management if you're talking about a player potentially moving from one Sydney club to another, but Canberra doesn't have the best reputation weather-wise. If the player doesn't want to relocate because of where the club is situated that's one thing, if it's because of management/coach/teammates, that's when the club should be copping a serve.

frank

Juniors
There's a lot more talent on the market than I thought.

If I was the boss (which I should be :mrgreen: ), I'd be throwing the cheque book at -

Frawley
Feeney
Asotasi
Reynoldson

All would be great buys.

What's the go with Brisbane?
Is it just assumed by all and sundry that these players will re-sign with Broncos?
I know Lockyer and Tallis are lifers, but why haven't they wrapped up the likes of Costigan and McGuire? Both of whom would look outstanding in green.

hrundi99

First Grade
Bay56 said:
Frawley and Webb have been signed by the Cowboys as far as I know ... another failure from Elliot and co to sign quality players.

I'll tell you a secret.

There are players out there who don't want to play for the Raiders.

:?

Latest posts