What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player market news

Anonymous

Juniors
Hmmmm if it's true about Smith then that is indeed tops....Toddy looked the goods the other night and with a veteran like Smith to ease him into 1sts it can only be a good thing.

greeneyed

First Grade
I don't agree with this signing at all. At this rate, we will lose Wiki and Monaghan and not sign Kite, while we pick up a has been 32 year old lock....... and we'll have signed Russo.... and we haven't signed Robertson.....

Prodigiousman

Juniors
and how do you know he's a hasbeen?

Personally i'll take a hasbeen over a bunch of never will be's.

You can have youth and potential til the cows come home but you don't win without class.

greeneyed

First Grade
He is not only over the hill - based on reports of how he is going in the UK - and based on how he was playing when he WENT to the UK - he is a major injury suspect. I know what the club has said, but I don't agree with the strategy. I will put this on the record now, and I won't come back and tell you I told you so down the track.... or maybe I will! I forsaw the Drew debacle... so I have good form as a seer.... :lol: :lol:

thickos

First Grade
from the Sydney Morning Herald:

'Britain halfback Richard Horne, who plays for Hull, has also been linked to Souths, while teammate Jason Smith - the former Bulldogs and Parramatta international - is expected to sign with Canberra, possibly as early as today.'

sounds like a done deal...

mike83au

Juniors
Well as long as it's only a 1 year deal, I guess that isn't too bad...

But let me ask a really blonde question.... if Smith is being bought to play five-eighth next season and Carney is gonna be blooded at halfback - what happens to Macca?

schnitzel

Juniors
Off the bench in a role like Withers at Dragons or Sullivan at Sharks. He could slot into half, 5/8 or dummy half and attack tired defenders. Macca's had 18 months to cement a starting spot, it's back to the bench as an impact player I reckon.

hrundi99

First Grade
Well I think that's a little callous. It was important for him to be working with a solid (cemented) halfback and he hasn't had that.

He worked well with Toots last year as halfback with the style of play they were using but he is not an organisational halfback. He needs an organisational halfback to partner with to be truly successful.

I can see the benefit of bringing Smith in for Carney's development but Mac is in a relatively unfortunate situation.

azza

Juniors
The ABC report that we have withdrawn our offer for Thurston, and still remain the favourites to sign Kite (though I doubt it).

azza said:
The ABC report that we have withdrawn our offer for Thurston, and still remain the favourites to sign Kite (though I doubt it).

Best news ever!

This frees up even MORE money to retain Monas and Wiki.

greeneyed

First Grade
Manly have announced they have signed Kite. Trust ABC news..... they wouldn't even know what rugby league is.... they only are interested in union.....

greeneyed

First Grade
But I would like to believe we have withdrawn the Thurston offer... god knows why we made it....

Bay56

First Grade
schnitzel said:
Off the bench in a role like Withers at Dragons or Sullivan at Sharks. He could slot into half, 5/8 or dummy half and attack tired defenders. Macca's had 18 months to cement a starting spot, it's back to the bench as an impact player I reckon.
Yes lets piss him off, who needs him anyway .... boyo Schnitz :roll: :roll:
If there is one thing going for the Raiders at the moment its Macca and a couple of others that a class coach could really build a team around ...

You see Schnitz the problem aint macca ....

greeneyed

First Grade
We need to give Macca a CONSISTENT POSITION AND ROLE. The coaching staff can't manage it however.................

SOULS 04

Juniors
mate macca is a top player... when the forwards go forward he plays well... he really needs to be playing of a ytop halfback though i think.

alot of us were begging not to go when he was talking about gpoing to england.. but apparently thats when he realised how much raiders fans see him as part of canberra and i'd hate to see him relegated to the bench again

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
I am a huge fan of McLinden, but to be reasonable he has had a really crappy 2004.

I think he would struggle to hold his place in a team where Smith and Carney are both firing....I suspect he will spend a lot of time in the number 14 jersey in 2005.

warriors

Juniors
Wiki is STRONGLEY linked with wigan and with maurice lindsey in oz with his shoppin list at the mo i wouldnt be suprised if wiki had already signed for wigan