What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player market news

SOULS 04

Juniors
no i am not believing it
not until he's signed elsewhere
and on that day if it happens i'll be shattered
but until then he's staying a raider, He will be loyal... i dont care what the press says hes staying in canberra.

He's Gotta Stay

greeneyed

First Grade
If he must go, I hope it is England. I really hope he never plays against the Raiders, and that includes the Warriors. It will be a disaster if he signs for say, Manly.

Are we keeping score on how management is going with the signings, as of today?......

Signed another loser Smith to a one year contract..... (we had ONE already guys!!!)

Signed Russo.....

Highly likely to lose Wiki.

Not resigned Monaghan.

Not resigned Robertson.

Let Drew go (good decision!)

Tried to let Davico go.... :? :? :?

Tried to sign Kite, failed. Tried to sign Thurston, did not proceed.....

So how do people feel management is progressing on this front?

Bay56

First Grade
I'm absolutely chuffed ..... I think they have done enough and should now close the cheque book :lol: :lol:

azza

Juniors
I agree people are jumping to conclusions but it is only because they are concerned for the future of the club. To be honest a month ago if we had re-signed Wiki and Monaghan without signing anyone else I would have called that a pretty average silly season... now it looks like we will be struggling to keep Wiki and possibly Monas. And given that we haven't made any great signings for years (barring Schif), you have to wonder what kind of playing roster we will have for next year.

greeneyed

First Grade
The point is... THIS IS WHEN NEXT YEAR'S SQUAD IS DECIDED. I don't like it. Either the anti tampering deadline should be AFTER the Grand Final, or there should be absolutely no deadline. I am increasingly inclined to having no deadline, and no salary cap myself.

But we have both, and signings NOW are absolutely critical. If we don't sign or retain players NOW, we are GONE.

Yes but azza, 90% of players don't come onto the open market until after June 30 anyway.

We were in with a real shot at one of three free agents who have signed so far (Kite with Kennedy and Riddell being the others) and we almost had him signed.

If we lose Wiki and Monas, I highly doubt the club will just give up and sign someone crap like Matt Peterson and Chris Muckert just for fill-ins.

I keep saying wait and see but it's like hitting my head against a brick wall.

Raider_69

Post Whore
fact is i will jump to concludsions becasue for each night that goes by without them on our roster for next season i grow increasingly worried

Bay56

First Grade
I Bleed Green said:
I keep saying wait and see but it's like hitting my head against a brick wall.
Somthing tells me you've done a bit of that in the past, hey IBG :lol: :lol: :lol:

jed

First Grade
My thought at the time we missed Firmin, Head, Kite etc. was that we'd deliberately made low offers to save the money for Wiki & Monas (did anyone else contemplate this???).

I'm still not resigned to losing The Muss, and I still believe Monas will be re-signed. As I've said before, I refuse to believe that either player will go until I see a press conference or a press release from the Raiders.