What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player market news

greeneyed

First Grade
warriors said:
Wiki is STRONGLEY linked with wigan and with maurice lindsey in oz with his shoppin list at the mo i wouldnt be suprised if wiki had already signed for wigan

How many times has he been here with a long shopping list and not signed any of them?

Poida_Raider

Bench
yeah i remember when schif was out injured or suspender he played a bit of fullback. the best game was one against the warriors where we won in the last minute or something. but yeah i'm pretty sure i remember him playing pretty well at fullback.

azza

Juniors
His positional play wasn't great at fullback, nor was his ability under the high ball. His asset is pace and acceleration with a good passing game. He is better to us in the halves but he won't ever be fully effective until he has an organiser alongside him to take the pressure off.

greeneyed

First Grade
Today's CT says the chances of us keeping Wiki are "rapidly diminishing". His manager confirmed he would meet with Lindsay from Wigan on the weekend to discuss a "lucrative contract" for Wiki. He dismissed reports of him having signed a 2 year deal with the Warriors. Eight clubs in both hemispheres have expressed interest in him (Wigan, St Helens, Bradford, Widnes). Don Furner confirmed the story about senior players discussing the possibility of taking deferred payments in a bid to keep Wiki. "We are looking at every possible avenue in order to keep Ruben here for next year..... It could create financial problems for 2006-07 but we would sacrifice that for Ruben" Furner said. Wiki's manager confirmed there would be no contracts signed before 1 July.

It is also reported the club gave Davico indications that they were prepared to release him to the Storm for the final year of his contract with the Raiders. Davico confirmed he has spoken with Storm coach Bellamy. Raiders refuted that they gave permission for the Storm to sound out Davico and denied that Davico was the player who would have had to make way, should Kite have been signed. Davico said "There was a misunderstanding with some people at the club that I wanted to leave. That wasn't the case. I don't know where the speculation and assumptions came from, but as fas as I was concerned I was contracted to the Raiders until the end of next year. Obviously some other people didn't see it that way. As far as I'm concerned the issue is dead and buried. I am contracted here until the end of next year."

Raider Azz

Bench
Hey #1, we should go and "have a chat" with this Bangahan fellow :twisted: :lol:

This is what he was quoted as saying in the CT:
"He's a current test captain and he's never, ever had a contract, in my eyes, that has really rewarded his status in the game."

We cant blame Management if Ruben leaves. Guys. Its all Banaghans fault. They are doing anything possible to re-sign Wiki. the question is why. i thought he was loyal.

jed

First Grade
I think Wiki is loyal, my feeling is that Banaghan is trying to talk up Ruben's price. But after all the offers come in, it's Wiki's final decision.

raiders_lover_18 said:
We cant blame Management if Ruben leaves. Guys. Its all Banaghans fault. They are doing anything possible to re-sign Wiki. the question is why. i thought he was loyal.

That is probably one of the most sensible posts I have read in days. Well done :clap:

greeneyed

First Grade
On tonight's WIN TV news, they basically said Wiki is now no chance of staying, with the Raiders unable to match big offers from other clubs.

:(

This is such a shame. But as RL18 said, this isn't management's fault. It will be a devastating blow, but it's better off that we don't financially cripple ourselves for the future than to re-sign one player for a year or two.

With the rumours continuing that Fielden and/or Peacock are looking to join the NRL, and with Fielden's link to Elliot, I wouldn't be surprised to see us pick up one of the two if Ruben goes.

Maybe thats wishful thinking.

azza

Juniors
Were these NRL or English clubs. I couldn't bear to see him play in another NRL jersey besides the lime green.

Raider_69

Post Whore
it had better be an ESL club
ill deadset cry if i see him in anything but raiders jersy if he was in the NRL

I agree though, as big a loss as he will be we cant finacially cripple ourselfs to hold onto him

greeneyed

First Grade
Today's CT said, Wigan, St Helens, Bradford and Widnes were the English clubs. We know NZ and Manly have expressed interest, don't know the other clubs interested.

hrundi99

First Grade
England or even the Warriors I wouldn't mind.

The Warriors because it's his homeland, and he may feel he owes them something because of the 95 drama.

Any other NRL team and I'll be gutted.

Latest posts