What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player market news

Poida_Raider

Bench
beattie isnt that great.. plus he is way too ugly for the green machine, same with scott donald, hes ok without being great, but too ugly.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i disagree victor
why should we sign someone for the sake of it?
unless they are someone of value or useful then i dont want them, id rather promote from inside our ranks then spend our money on nuffies like bickerstaff and bettie

greeneyed

First Grade
ON WIN TV news they said we today hosted Craig Frawley in Canberra in the hope of signing him in the next couple of days. It was also reported we have signed Jermaine Ale from the Roosters and Bronx Goodwin from Cronulla.

greeneyed

First Grade
From the Roosters website:

Jermaine Ale

AKA : Jimmy

Born : Tuesday, 22 March 1983

Height : 182cm

Weight : 95kg

Position : Wing

Contract Term : 2003, 2004

Details :
NSW Under 19 (2002), Newcastle Knights Under 20 (2002).

Junior Rep Program (Under 19).

greeneyed

First Grade
Anyone know about Bronx Goodwin? No information on him on the Sharks site except he is PL fullback.

thickos

First Grade
LOL - the Roosters will be bitching about this one. And he's a NEWCASTLE junior to begin with FFS! :lol:

Edwahu

Bench
I think Bronx Goodwin is the son of the dragons great "Lord" Ted Goodwin. He might originally be from WA as well and was a Australian Schoolboy last year. Thats all I know.

I wonder if Ale and Goodwin were given spots in the first grade squad to get them here?

greeneyed

First Grade
I thought Luke Goodwin was Ted Goodwin's son, we had him at the Raiders a fair while ago... but then this could still be a younger son.

Raider_69 said:
i disagree victor
unless they are someone of value or useful then i dont want them, id rather promote from inside our ranks then spend our money on nuffies like bickerstaff and bettie

Do you seriously think I mean't that we should sign someone for the sake of it? Come on, even some of the players have said we need to get some established people to come in and attract the big name juniors to the club for the future

Raiders Rock

Juniors
VictorTheViking said:
Raider_69 said:
i disagree victor

Do you seriously think I mean't that we should sign someone for the sake of it? Come on, even some of the players have said we need to get some established people to come in and attract the big name juniors to the club for the future

I say let's go after Albert Fulavai. I hear he's still playing in the Tuggernarong district and is keen to come back to the Raiders to fill our much sort after wing position. He'll come back for match payments too so it won't even put any strain on our salary cap!!

I also say we should upgrade Alan Tongue's contract, give him a blank cheque!! I know we've signed him until 2006 but I'd just be devestated if we ever lost him!! With Muss gone now Tonguey is the new heart and soul of the Raiders.

Make Tonguey a Raider for life!!