What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player market news

greeneyed

First Grade
Plus we will have Kris Kahler, Cris Kahler, Chris Kahler, Kristian Kahler and Christian Kahler... the five brothers Kahler..... record number of brothers in one team.

thickos

First Grade
ARGH! not CROCKER! #-o

Gotta love what was written in this week's crusade:

'Just a quick 'FYI' for a few ill-informed journo's out there: It's CROKER, as in 'you JOKER', not CROCKER as in 'you've had a SHOCKER'.

The bloke's been around since Adam was a boy and has played about 1,000 games of rugby league, he deserves to have his name pronounced correctly.'

:clap:

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
thickos said:
ARGH! not CROCKER! #-o

Gotta love what was written in this week's crusade:

'Just a quick 'FYI' for a few ill-informed journo's out there: It's CROKER, as in 'you JOKER', not CROCKER as in 'you've had a SHOCKER'.

The bloke's been around since Adam was a boy and has played about 1,000 games of rugby league, he deserves to have his name pronounced correctly.'

:clap:

Yep, I thought it was good that they pointed that out.

Also, the part about Joel leaving was a good and interesting read. I feel it summed up the whole debacle nicely.

jed

First Grade
greeneyed said:
Plus we will have Kris Kahler, Cris Kahler, Chris Kahler, Kristian Kahler and Christian Kahler... the five brothers Kahler..... record number of brothers in one team.

Not to mention Kris Kayler (no relation to the brothers, but it shits the commentators)

thickos

First Grade
Roosters just signed Richard Fa'Aoso from the Panthers. Does it ever end for that mob of cap cheating scum???

Raider Azz

Bench
thickos said:
Roosters just signed Richard Fa'Aoso from the Panthers. Does it ever end for that mob of cap cheating scum???
I thought their CEO had said they were "done with new signings for this year" :roll:

Geez, what a joke. I were hoping we were going to get him, he would've been a great signing.

I hope we get Albert Hopoate and/or Jermaine Ale from their Flegg team who we are reportedly chasing (and who are stars in the making). That'd teach the bastards.

greeneyed

First Grade
The Rugby Union Times today reports that Canberra is one of three clubs to have held informal talks with former Qld SOO prop Chris Beattie. Beattie has also been approached by Newcastle and the Roosters...

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
I Bleed Green said:
I hope we get Albert Hopoate and/or Jermaine Ale from their Flegg team who we are reportedly chasing (and who are stars in the making). That'd teach the bastards.

It might teach the bastards indeed, but I don't see the point in buying potential stars when we have plenty in our own reserves.

I also thought the Roosters were finished with their signings then they go and add Fa'aosa (spelling???) and chase Beattie. Unbelievable :evil:

jed

First Grade
It's called stockpiling talent. Sure, it'll frustrate the players that they can't get into 1st grade except for when the first-string side is playing SOO, but atleast it prevents the other teams from having any talent.

greeneyed

First Grade
There is an interesting story in the CT today....

It outlines all of the players the Raiders have bought from other clubs with first grade experience since 1988. The club has purchased only 35 such players in the last 16 years. Of those, only five went on to play more than 50 first grade games for the Raiders - Clinton Schifcofske, Paul Osborne, Michael Hodgson, Sean Rutgerson and Brandon Costin. The conclusion is that the Raiders have always enjoyed most success in raising their own talent or identifying new talent.......

Edwahu

Bench
The problem is that we havent enjoyed success since 1994 and that was on the back of players who were already at the club in 1988.

Latest posts