What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player market news

Kris_man

Bench
I also say we should upgrade Alan Tongue's contract, give him a blank cheque!! I know we've signed him until 2006 but I'd just be devestated if we ever lost him!! With Muss gone now Tonguey is the new heart and soul of the Raiders.

- You are the first person I have come across, apart from Elliott, who likes Tongue. I hope you were being sarcastic.
- Kirk Reynoldson signed by Newcastle for 4 years. :roll: We're running out of players to sign...
LOL - the Roosters will be bitching about this one. And he's a NEWCASTLE junior to begin with FFS!

- The Roosters wouldn't give a hoot about losing him. If you had Minichiello, Walker, Roberts, Monas and Cross in your backline, would you be concerned?
- Is Todd Byrne off contract? He played fantastic at centre for the Roosters in 2002, and he must be worried about losing his first grade spot at the Roosters.

Raider Azz

Bench
- You are the first person I have come across, apart from Elliott, who likes Tongue. I hope you were being sarcastic.

Wrong. I think you'll find most of us like tounge. He is a champion.

- The Roosters wouldn't give a hoot about losing him. If you had Minichiello, Walker, Roberts, Monas and Cross in your backline, would you be concerned?

Check the Roosters forum. They are bitching.

RaidersMalt

Juniors

Tongue is a champion! He is all heart and gets through a tonne of work. It was no conincidence last year, when we won our first 7 games Tongue was one of our key forwards, he makes 1000 tackles a game. Off the field he is a top bloke and is always happy to have a chat. He will be back next year, fired up and ready for a big season!

jed

First Grade
Add me to the list of Tongue supporters too - he's an absolute legend, built of the same mould as Hodgo - an untiring workhorse.

Poida_Raider

Bench
i'm on the list too, tongue went to my old school, well i finished last year.

and he is a champion.. shows how kris is the only one i've come across that doesnt like alan tongue!

jed

First Grade
Sorry Kris, the next 7 fans have spoken - I think you're underestimating how the fans like Tongue's workrate.

BAY72

Juniors
kris_man said:

sarcastic

unbelievable! you mustn't get out much?!
surely we're not the first people to say this.

He is one of the best blokes in the team, and when fit and able, a real work horse.

I can't wait for his return next year.

Edwahu

Bench
Krisman kind of has a point, Tongue is an average player. Good bloke but an average player. I cant see him playing much firsts next year.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
I'm not too sure about Frawley - he'd wanna be damn good. I doubt Mogg will get the flick from centre and I'd like to see Graham parter him in the centres. And since Frawley would probably only join to play in the centres, it would be a little bit unfair to Frawley.

IMO, Graham is a better winger than a centre. Because he can come looking for the ball in attack, and on the wing he's not found out as much in defence... and to be honest he is a pretty poor defender.

Edwahu

Bench
I thought Mogg at center and Graham on the wing looked a class combination before Grahams injury. Mogg is very good at creating space and Graham has the speed to take advantage.

Graham also has the potential to be the best support player in the side and its better if he is closer to Mogg, who is our main linebreaker.