What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Movements

Inferno

Coach
That might not be a bad idea Snoop. If Birdy is playing 5/8 there could be a backrowers spot opening up on the bench. We have more than enough backs to fill the backline as well.

He'd have to work on his defence a bit, although he's certainly big enough to handle it and there are less defensive decisions to make there as well.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I have no concerns over andos defense. He slams like a lead door in the wind. its his defense decisions that are in experienced.
Could take Ciraldos role.

cityshark

Juniors
What was Ciraldo's role anyway ( I think BTR might know this) ? Turnstile? Lets hope Anderson dosent take over that part of his play!

carinashark

First Grade
Hey I like Anderson . He dropped passes in 07 but he will get better , and he is big so keep him on the wing . Filigar and Anderson would be a scary thought if they can get it right in defence as well attack. With Williams in the second row permanently in 08 we need Filgar to work out . The problem I see is Noddy not getting them any ball. Seymore or Green please with Bird at 5/8 08.

Weaponhead

Coach
Anderson has all of the physical attributes to be a good player - size, strength, speed, evasive skills etc. It is the mental side of the game that lets him down at present. He lacks intensity and concentration shown by his error rate and he can make poor decisions in defence. This is something that can be worked out with individual coaching and development. It is not surprising that he has not stepped up the the intensity of NRL given that he spent 2 crucial developmental years on mission. In reality he is like a 20 year old rookie. IMO he showed glimpses last year that he could be a strike player. I like the way he runs an out line to get onto the outside shoulder of his marker (like Tahu). He just needs a ball player who can create some space. He has plenty of upside.

I think Anderson is lacking in some key natural abilities. Catching, agility, vision, confidence. Characterisitcs that all the top class players have as natural abilities. Things that can't be coached. Anderson doesn't have these abilties and I disagree that he can improved much by coaching.

We need to uncover a gun centre/winger. Anderson is not that player. I hold out high hopes that Filiga is.

samshark

Juniors
Geez, Sheros you go on about this guy. Gets a bit boring after a while.
Yes he is lacking in a few of the areas you mention but I reckon he also has a few strengths too in areas that cant necessarily be coached.

The main thing about Anderson, which is mentioned below and I think you often forget, is that firstly, he really is a 21 year old rookie and secondly, he was put in first grade before he was ready. And that is because of piss poor recruitment and depth at a beloved club. Had Anderson had two good years of PL you would see a vastly different player.

Anderson will come good and it will be through coaching and just a bit of time. Think Greg Bird four years ago. Another player who was put in first grade before his time.

Geez, Sheros you go on about this guy. Gets a bit boring after a while.
Yes he is lacking in a few of the areas you mention but I reckon he also has a few strengths too in areas that cant necessarily be coached.

The main thing about Anderson, which is mentioned below and I think you often forget, is that firstly, he really is a 21 year old rookie and secondly, he was put in first grade before he was ready. And that is because of piss poor recruitment and depth at a beloved club. Had Anderson had two good years of PL you would see a vastly different player.

Anderson will come good and it will be through coaching and just a bit of time. Think Greg Bird four years ago. Another player who was put in first grade before his time.

The never ending bagging of other players on here gets boring too, which happens to a much greater and more virulent extent. I'm not a big fan of those players either, but I can't understand why these posters hammer, the you know whos, but hype Anderson.

Greg Bird was playing junior Kangaroos four years ago. His natural ability was noted as early as 2001.

I'll stick to my opinion that Anderson doesn't have what it takes. And will not amount to much.

The Sharks have to find better players than him to field a class backline to compete with other clubs.

samshark

Juniors
Fair point and your entitled to your opinion.
Just hope you turn out to be wrong for all our sakes.

Taniwha

Juniors
Fraser Anderson will go alright in '08. He's a confidence player and i think he'll develop his play like Wairangi Koopu's. Both his brothers reckon his career will go further than their own. If Sticky wants to persevere with him and Bennett had wraps on him i'll think he'll soon unleash the beast inside. If he got some agro into him he'd be bumping them off left, right and centre. Go Ando!

Inferno

Coach
Sheros los Deros said:
The never ending bagging of other players on here gets boring too, which happens to a much greater and more virulent extent. I'm not a big fan of those players either, but I can't understand why these posters hammer, the you know whos, but hype Anderson.

Greg Bird was playing junior Kangaroos four years ago. His natural ability was noted as early as 2001.

I'll stick to my opinion that Anderson doesn't have what it takes. And will not amount to much.

The Sharks have to find better players than him to field a class backline to compete with other clubs.

:clap:

Have to wholeheartedly agree. I reckon Scott achieved more in his first year of FG than Ando did, and personally I'd swap them if I had the choice.

Inferno said:
:clap:

Have to wholeheartedly agree. I reckon Scott achieved more in his first year of FG than Ando did, and personally I'd swap them if I had the choice.

Yeah I agree, I think Scott showed as much as Anderson. In fact, I think that Andrew Emelio was probably better then both of those.

Although I think we need a better standard of player than Scott and Emelio. Scott was slammed on here. Yet others like Kelly, Mellars, Bronx Goodwin, Jason Kent were hyped.

I certianly reckon Neilsen deserved more of a go. Melbourne seem to be a pretty good judge of backline talent. Shame about the Sharks recruitment officers.

morri (cWo)

First Grade
yeah dont think we wanted to keep him and not sure if he get any offers. watch out for his bro liam roach, think dogs are trying to get him

Wayne Bennett had big wraps on Anderson when at Broncs said he was 3 years away from his best 1 of those now gone, Anderson looked good at start, if he dosent drop the ball, he improves 10 fold straight away

Frenzy.

Post Whore
sydneysharkbrisbane68 said:
Wayne Bennett had big wraps on Anderson when at Broncs said he was 3 years away from his best 1 of those now gone, Anderson looked good at start, if he dosent drop the ball, he improves 10 fold straight away

Needs a better winger outside of him until he gets the defensive reads correct as well.

I'm not over enamoured with Anderson yet but he's no out and out bum like the Lil Bratz Simmorley and Kimmons

amcoglory

Juniors
Anderson is a winger steps inside every time needs a quality center inside and some quality halves to give them some room. mitch brown at center

Latest posts