What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Movements

Badge

Juniors
Speaking of player movements what about Watts blowing up at the club in todays papers. Was this just a wrestle blown out of proportions or a bit more . Who was it with anyway , another player or member of the public???

Badge

Juniors
Will try my scanner is playn up. Watts dumps on the club a bit. Can anybody else scan the story for CS.

samshark

Juniors
Another prima dona. Who is Watts anyway, what's he achieved, what's he done?
What gives him the right to criticise the club? Watts should shut his mouth and be damm grateful the club gave him an opportunity and put him in firsts which gave him some profile. What else was he doing, playing on the wing in premier league for the Roosters. Give me the sh*ts, bloody young players these days.

Wasnt as if he was sacked anyway. The club just decided not to offer him another contract. I heard it was due to a few attitude related incidents with the final straw being the Mad Monday wrestle or whatever it was.

STEVE R

Juniors
NORTH Queensland-bound halfback Anthony Watts has fired a parting shot at former club Cronulla, claiming he was booted out "for a bit of a wrestle".
Watts was in negotiations to extend his stay in the Shire but was axed after getting into a fight during Mad Monday celebrations at Sharks House, a home for several young Cronulla players.
The 21-year-old, who then signed a two-year deal with the Cowboys, was incensed the matter was again raised during the week by Sharks boss Greg Pierce.
"That was eight weeks ago. It was pretty unfair for him to do that," Watts told The Sun-Herald.
"I got into a bit of trouble and it was made into a bigger deal than what it was.
"We had a bit of a wrestle, it wasn't much, but you can't even afford to do that these days.
"I was really disappointed about it, that it became such a big deal.
"I was told that [it wasn't] and then got booted for a bit of a wrestle.
"I rang [Sharks coach] Ricky [Stuart] to tell him I was sorry about everything and he was fine with it.
"He said 'good luck' and everything was fine and as soon as I signed with the Cowboys they have their nose out of joint."
Watts, a Queenslander and a former Rooster, said he had struggled while living away from home and was keen for stability after linking with his third club in six months.
Source: The Sun-Herald

richies

Juniors
Dustin Cooper 2008 watch this guy in 2008
probably wont be in the nrl straight away but if injuies occur he will do well
was out injured all2007

Quigs

Immortal
I don't know about you blokes ( and girls)

But seriously I am getting a tad concerned about all the crap that goes on as soon as one young league bloke transgresses the puritan guidelines of this artificial politically correct world the RL has set up. It is crap.

Fair enough give a bloke the punt if he does something serious and criminal. I am all for it.

Remember the stones and glass houses ........

But sh!t, we were all young once. And all make mistakes. You can't put a life experienced head into someone who has been sheltered in a RL enviroment since he was signed at the 'age of 15'.

And what really farks me is that half the gooses on RL Panels and Shows that whinge about so an so's behaviour were drop kicks themselves at the same time.

Crikey if some of the stories about the old blokes were made public and replicated in this day and age they would be drawn and quartered.

Even Chook Raper made his name on TV advertisement by wearing the bowler hat.

For the youngens... "One of the Kangaroo Tourists went walk about around the streets of the Roos Hotel one night on a Pommy Tour wearing nothing but a Bowler Hat." - Made the papers and everything. Imagine if it happend today.

How many of you young blokes have had a drunken wrestle with a mad mate at a pissup - for f**k sake it was mad monday.

I think it is time for a reality check.

Although I never did anything wrong in my youth.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

samshark

Juniors
fatshark said:
Its gonna be hard to retain Pommerey.I think Cooper or Anderson will get the ass.

Dont think it will be that hard. Pomeroy is already on pretty decent money as there were a few clubs after him when we signed him. Contract will be upgraded but cant see it making too big a dent. Anderson has a three year deal till end of 2009. Guys like Stephenson, Cooper and maybe Misi will probably go unless they have stormers next year. Hopefully one B.Kimorley will be farked off. There's $300k to better spend elsewhere.

spider

Coach
STEVE R said:
NORTH Queensland-bound halfback Anthony Watts has fired a parting shot at former club Cronulla, claiming he was booted out "for a bit of a wrestle".
Watts was in negotiations to extend his stay in the Shire but was axed after getting into a fight during Mad Monday celebrations at Sharks House, a home for several young Cronulla players.
The 21-year-old, who then signed a two-year deal with the Cowboys, was incensed the matter was again raised during the week by Sharks boss Greg Pierce.
"That was eight weeks ago. It was pretty unfair for him to do that," Watts told The Sun-Herald.
"I got into a bit of trouble and it was made into a bigger deal than what it was.
the players were warned, informed, instructed x 10 - they were not to get on the piss and party at the house

they were told it would detrimental if they could not repsect this instruction and adhere to this small request of discipline

along with other acts of ill discipline, watts then did this anyway

he was like a computer as he needed information to be punched into him

island pro

Juniors
May have just given the sharks a good excuse to send him on his way, something they were probably considering anyway

Ausguy

Coach
he is just bitter cos he knows he is no chance of getting a run behind the aussie #7....perpetual premier leaguer

Sheros los Deros said:
Guys like Stephenson, Cooper and maybe Misi will probably go unless they have stormers next year. Hopefully one B.Kimorley will be farked off. There's $300k to better spend elsewhere.

I'd add Anderson to that list.

runatme

Bench
anderson needs another season to prove himself i think he will turn into a great player just needs more expierence

Latest posts