What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Movements

possm

Coach
That's exactly what we have become. The laughing stock of the NRL.

Yes and Doust and Craig Young who are responsible for making us the laughing stock of the NRL accept no responsibility and are not being held accountable by their fellow Board members.

Come in and take us over NRL. Get rid of this poor excuse for management..

matPORTS

Juniors
Paper talk already starting to indicate the Sea Eagles intent to re-build following the losses of DCE and (soon) Foran, in addition to Watmough and Stewart at the end of last year. Hodkinson, Tamou and Klemmer already starting to have their names linked to the club.

Meanwhile in the Taj boardroom...

Further discussions over organic growth and how to increase the inventory of club based rugby league content, over some spring rolls and Crownies. Big deal that in the past 5 months we've lost two of our organically grown stars.

Seriously Doust! You're not cut out for this! Please go!!

boot

Juniors
Going to be controversial... but in my opinion we should be paying top dollar to lure Jared Waerea Hargreaves! He is exactly the type of player we need to fire up our pack! Yes, gives away stupid penalties... but gives 110% every single game! He is rumoured to be resigning with the rooters, but nothing yet confirmed from what I can see...?

Thoughts?

love my saints

Juniors
Paper talk already starting to indicate the Sea Eagles intent to re-build following the losses of DCE and (soon) Foran, in addition to Watmough and Stewart at the end of last year. Hodkinson, Tamou and Klemmer already starting to have their names linked to the club.

Meanwhile in the Taj boardroom...

Further discussions over organic growth and how to increase the inventory of club based rugby league content, over some spring rolls and Crownies. Big deal that in the past 5 months we've lost two of our organically grown stars.

Seriously Doust! You're not cut out for this! Please go!!

You cant be serious. We've been linked with every player coming off contract (and a few still contracted) over the last 2 years.
The club has made plays for a number of players, got a few, missed a few, even made plays for Bellamey and Bennett.
To suggest we as a club are sitting on our hands is wrong imo.
Yes not all gains have been spectular, yes the club is badly run, but to say we are inactive is not right. Dugan, Marshall, Widdop, Thompson, Frizzell to name a few, yes the neilsons and farrells etc are duds, the badly run part consists of no TPA's to secure more high quality players. But for a club so badly run we are still getting some quality players.
Get the TPA's active and things will improve. I just dont see the CEO or board being able to get them to where they need to be.

rainman44

Bench
Going to be controversial... but in my opinion we should be paying top dollar to lure Jared Waerea Hargreaves! He is exactly the type of player we need to fire up our pack! Yes, gives away stupid penalties... but gives 110% every single game! He is rumoured to be resigning with the rooters, but nothing yet confirmed from what I can see...?

Thoughts?

I agree mate but our mob can't get third party deals so it won't happen, if he leaves it will be Manly.

love my saints

Juniors
I agree mate but our mob can't get third party deals so it won't happen, if he leaves it will be Manly.

I agree. Pity!
We have size up front, but someone like him would certainly pump the boys up to step it up.
Unfortunately its highly unlikely to happen.
I wouldnt mind us making a play for Klemmar. A gaurenteed starting spot would be tempting for him. And his as hard as nails too. Unfortunately also highly unlikely.

Last edited:

gangsouci

Juniors
MANLY aren't the only club making discreet enquiries about the availability of Sam Burgess next year.

My spies in the Gong tell me the Dragons have hit up a couple of potential third party sponsors to see whether there is any interest.
The Red V could desperately do with a player of his class and power.
There seems little doubt Burgess will be back in the NRL but the exact location is the $750,000 question?

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...mour-file---monday/13rnzxyn1j02v1tk5iv6wab37a

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
I agree. Pity!
We have size up front, but someone like him would certainly pump the boys up to step it up.
Unfortunately its highly unlikely to happen.
I wouldnt mind us making a play for Klemmar. A gaurenteed starting spot would be tempting for him. And his as hard as nails too. Unfortunately also highly unlikely.

That chance came and went when Morris signed with the dogs. Regardless of all the excuses, salary cap/playing with his brother, he should of never been released without a swap with a forward. Nobody wanted to go to the dragons? Oh well then no swap deal with Morris. You'd find that the dogs would of either convinced klemmer or kasiano to swap or they would of lost interest in Morris and signed another fullback. I'm sorry, but doust was really taken to school on this deal by castle.

boot

Juniors
From memory FPN didn't sign for a packet... could've got both FPN and JWH for what Merrin was looking for? Throw Merrin and Packers cash at him! I do like Klemmer, but doesn't have the size that we need in my opinion, he does make it up in heart though I will admit!

Or Mose Masoe?

De'belin running over to support benji after being tackled in the storm game was the first sign of the team 'bond' that we keep hearing about... however pushed the guy... would've preferred to see a punch (yes a send off... however would set a no nonsense precedence going forward - IMO)

possm

Coach
MANLY aren't the only club making discreet enquiries about the availability of Sam Burgess next year.

My spies in the Gong tell me the Dragons have hit up a couple of potential third party sponsors to see whether there is any interest.
There seems little doubt Burgess will be back in the NRL but the exact location is the $750,000 question?

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...mour-file---monday/13rnzxyn1j02v1tk5iv6wab37a

Please tell me, why wouldn't Sam Burgess return to Souths? Any of Packers companies could pay what ever is needed in TPA. So money is not a reason not to return to Souths.

Coffs dragon

Bench

Dream on....our club couldn't even sign Mrs Burgess let alone Sammy or The twins. Our record with twin brothers is a warning sign.

boot

Juniors
Sammy would be a massive signing, however still adamant that JWHs mongrel is what our team needs! We have the 'inspirational leader' type in Ben Creagh leading from the front with a broken back! We need someone that is out for blood and is intimidating!