What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Movements

zulu

Juniors
Big Cam Cherry said:
He Zulu, I met your namesake after the Legends of League at Dolphin Oval last month and had a few beers with Stan Napa last Saturday night after the races at the Hammo.

Did you tell him he's still got a whole bunch of fans out there? Like people with forum names in honour of him? Last time I heard he was working as a baggage handler at the Airport (on the where are they now segment on 2UE/4BC's football show in 2000).

He's a cult figure down here in Sydney now after I showed a few leaguies his work in the 1980 G.F.

Hope Napa's lost a few pounds!! Zulu lost the beard?

Harko

Juniors
gullsfan said:
Forgive my ignorance but what clubs/positions did the afore mentioned Wynnum signings play for/in?

Simon Phillips has been with the Cowboys for about 4 years, played a few games for the Cowboys in the NRL last year but mostly played for the Young Guns, however he did his ankle at this start of this year and struggled all year to recover so others got a jump on him. He'll be 21 next year. Played with Souths in Mackay and St Patricks College. Simon has what it takes I think, just needs some luck.

Jermaine Alberts will be 20 next year and come to Wynnum from Ipswich Jets. He was only with the Jets for one season which doesn't surprise me because he lacks a lot of focus and motivation. Played for Norths in Mackay and went to St Patricks College and North Mackay High before moving to Townsville in 2002. Played that year with the Young Guns never cementing a Guns spot due to his poor attitude. Talented there is no doubting that but he just doesn't have the focus, attitude or motivation to go on with it.

gullsfan

Juniors
What about positions, Duggan as well? Did Alfred Whaleboat head back up your way Harko after breaking his leg in Wynnum's trial last season?

Tigertread

Juniors
gullsfan said:
What about positions, Duggan as well? Did Alfred Whaleboat head back up your way Harko after breaking his leg in Wynnum's trial last season?
Alfred came back to Townsville after breaking his leg. He said that he'll be heading back to Brisbane for another go.

Duggan I think will play in the halves for the Gulls he played all over the shop for the Clydesdales.

John Paul Cherry from Norths and Dave Warry from Wests will be heading down to Manly next year.

Zulu has lost the beard and has the shaved melon. Stan is still a big unit.

Harko

Juniors
gullsfan said:

Phillips has played mostly on the wing but can cover 1-5. Alberts plays mostly in the centres, has also played fullback but I don't really rate him enough to reccomend where he plays best.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Surely they wouldn't interupt the halves combination of McPhersen and Lambert. Put Duggan in the backs.

Harko

Juniors
Jermaine could surprise me but I doubt it, takes very silly options in both attack and defence, I'd take Phillips over Alberts.

I reckon Duggan plays his best footy at fullback, I don't rate him as a half at all!

Harko

Juniors
Comets recruitment for 2004 so far
Shannon Fish (St George-Illawarra)
Clint Rothery (Tweed)
Wade Rothery (Wynnum)
Craig Phillis (WA)

Major re-signings
Peter Penaia
John Doyle
Wayne Phillis
Rex Gamble

Definite Losses
David Faiumu (Cowboys)
Heath Egglestone (Retired)
Willie Scanlan (Released)

Diehards

Juniors
Burleigh Bears:

Gains: David Hicks (Seagulls), Robert Apanui (Tugan), Travis Simpson (Seagulls), Ross Sammutt (Easts)

Losses: Ryan Dagwell (Newcastle comp), not sure of any others.

As well there are some major changes going on to the ground so the next time you see it you wont notice it! Bigger lights, bigger leagues club, new gym, new spectator mounds!

Diehards I thought you had left us and moved to the Gong.

Sammutt is a handy player come down from Mackay this year and played with Easts. He lived at the Tweed this year so his travel time will be cut down a lot now.

David Hicks I'd seen him play about about 7 or 8 times before the Tweed beat Redcliffe at Dolphin Oval and never seen him come close to turning in a performance like he did that day. I'd guess Gundry will move to hooker to cover Dagwell's loss. I s Adam Hayden playing again.

I hear Michael Coorey is on the market, I wonder who'll snap him up.

Diehards

Juniors
I have indeed moved to the Gong but I am keeping my eye on things that are happening at Burleigh.

Adam Hayden is hoping to play again but his injury was a big which required a bone graft followed by a knee reconstruction. The surgeon had never seen a knee as bad as his. So if he gets back to the same level he was at before the injury it will be a huge effort. Gundry will move back to hooker if Hayden plays again i gather.

How is that good brissie weather going??? It has been shithouse down here - cold, overcast and bloody windy!!!!!
Oh well that is what you get for leaving god's country!!!!!

Disco

Bench
Big Cam Cherry said:
John Paul Cherry from Norths and Dave Warry from Wests will be heading down to Manly next year.
whats John Paul like? what possie does he play??
also how do u rate warry, i know his a prop and wests came last but thats about it
and David Seage, is it confirmed that he signed with the Knights

dizi

Juniors
What happened over at the Jets? Everyone seems to be leaving. I'm surprised that Danny MacAllister is leaving considering he was able to play NRL last season for Souths. He wouldn't get an oppourtunity like that at Wynumn or Easts.

I've heard he could be heading over to France or to the Newcastle Comp or maybe he's just testing the water I don't know.
But I do know good front rowers are hard to come by and he is one of the best in the competition.

Dizi I thought the Jets had signed most of their side from this year.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
I've seen nothing to say he has. Given their relative ages, Michael Coorey might be a better option. I was thinking during the season that he was the type of player Wynnum could really benefit from.

I've heard McCallister is deciding between Wynnum and Norths.

Paul Dezolt and Jason Barsley could be in the Tigers jersey next season.

Latest posts