What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

player sightings / experiences

Fire

First Grade
A mate of mine ran into Mal Meninga at "The Castle" night club in Newcastle.....now call King at Hotel. Mal had played in an origin legends game earlier in the evening in Newcastle. He had 2 girls hanging off each arm an my mate said to him excitedly " hey Mal how'd ya go tonight". Mal replied "just got beat mate". My mate thought Mal would appreciate the interstate rivalry and replied "f#%?ing good" . Mal didn't take it so well and tried to punch his head in.

:lol:

Fire

First Grade
Did any fools bother to line up after hm ?

I think one of the Burgess brothers. Don't know which one, there is that many of them. Walked over to the newsagent to get the morning paper, Dave Taylor was reading Picture and giggling like a Korean schoolgirl.

juanfarkall

Coach
I think one of the Burgess brothers. Don't know which one, there is that many of them. Walked over to the newsagent to get the morning paper, Dave Taylor was reading Picture and giggling like a Korean schoolgirl.

He must have wanted a drink as it is unlikely that there would be any food left.
Maybe Taylor was giggling because he had already emptied the KFC

CrazyTiger

Juniors
I sat a table or two away from Todd Carnage enjoying a Latte opposite the Coogee Bay Hotel
with a remarkably untatooed friend on Friday.

I would have like to have asked him not to colour Lauren Eagle in, just in case I'm in with
a show, but I don't like to bother public figures.

DeeJ

Bench
I saw Ben Teo and Corey Norman at a Brisbane club recently. Nothing remarkable happened but they were alot smaller in person than I thought they would be. I thought Norman was like 188-190cm but he looked the same height as me if not shorter (I'm 181). He also had a pretty slight build.

little_aza

Juniors
Went to school in Toowoomba (Qld) with Nathan Stapleton.

In yr7 (2002) we were divided into groups of 3 to give presentations to the class explaining a particular area of Australian history - the topic that was assigned to myself, Stapo and another kid was Federation. I painstakingly and repeatedly tried to explain the basic concepts, but poor Stapo had NFI shaking his head in dismay at how "smart" I was for understanding Federation. We decided to give a role-play: I was the reporter for a talk-show, the other kid was Edmund Barton and Stapo was Sir Henry Parkes...I'll never forget him wearing the fake white beard, looking between the paper I had written him and the audience giggling at him struggling.

He wasn't a bad kid though - bit of a loudmouth, but boy could he run. He left my school a couple of years later and went to TSS (The Southport School) when his older brother Brett was expelled. Pleased to see Nathan made it, but no idea what happened to his brother - last I heard (about 5yrs ago) he was signed to the soon-to-be-doomed East Coast Aces.

Gareth Ellis was up the pub the other night relaxing watching a bit of footy. He seemed to pay most attention to the big biff that went on lol

RedVDave

First Grade
Got to Meet Gasnier at a book signing recentley seriously one of the nicest blokes I've met and has a good sense of humour as well.

Xfactor1979

Bench
Saw Matty Johns in Collaroy beach earlier on this year

Im taller than him, but hes built as, I Gave him a "'sup?"

and then I said to my mate walking with me:

"That wasnt who I think it was, was it?"

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Got to Meet Gasnier at a book signing recentley seriously one of the nicest blokes I've met and has a good sense of humour as well.

I met him at a signing recently as well and got the same impression.

He spent ages talking and taking photos with a team in a wheelchair.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I work with Ben Roarty. We started together at the same time so our careers are traveling in a parallel fashion and we try to give one another a bit of support in that respect.

The bloke is a larger than life figure, easy to see he would have been the life of the party during his footy days that is for sure. People are drawn to him because he takes a genuine interest in people and is hilarious at times. Ben owns some property north of Melbourne and keeps a few animals, slaughters them himself. His lamb chops are friggin delicious.

One story from his footy days that I liked was when he first confronted Willie Mason. He said he smashed Mason with a bit of a swinging arm and gave him a blood nose. Mason yelled at him 'you're just a f**kin dog". Ben responded, "that's right, and if you run at me again I'll do the same thing to ya".

Chewy08

Juniors
I work with Ben Roarty. We started together at the same time so our careers are traveling in a parallel fashion and we try to give one another a bit of support in that respect.

The bloke is a larger than life figure, easy to see he would have been the life of the party during his footy days that is for sure. People are drawn to him because he takes a genuine interest in people and is hilarious at times. Ben owns some property north of Melbourne and keeps a few animals, slaughters them himself. His lamb chops are friggin delicious.

One story from his footy days that I liked was when he first confronted Willie Mason. He said he smashed Mason with a bit of a swinging arm and gave him a blood nose. Mason yelled at him 'you're just a f**kin dog". Ben responded, "that's right, and if you run at me again I'll do the same thing to ya".

what a hard c##t!