What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

player sightings / experiences

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
You'll figure it out.

At least her spelling mistake looks like a typo.

You might have a little difficulty passing yours off as such.

Last edited:

simostorm

Bench
My first encounter with storm players was in 98 against the bears in Melbourne.. I think it was storms first game at Olympic park..

Walked up to kimmorley and as I approached he took his hands out of his pocket like I wanted his autograph or something.. and I just said where's Rodney Howe? And he pointed over to him.. so I went andhad a chat to Howe. Also had a chat to twara nikau however you spell his name.. I told him to smash billy Moore..

KiamaSaint

Coach
Went to a book signing of Gaz a few weeks ago. Top Bloke and was happy to chat about the Dragons form in 2012 and the 2010 grand final.

Speaking of Kyle coming to touch footy, when I lived in Sydney, Lance Thompson use to play in the touch footy (may still do) comp I played in, while he was at the Saints. I am pretty sure he wasn't suppose to be doing that. He was darn good too.

Driving through Sydney, meeting my brother in Bondi, I got caught out and almost miss the turn off. I cut off a poor bloke to get right, look up to wave sorry and it was Brad Fittler in his BMW.

Last edited:

Nezzo

Juniors
Couple years ago, Jarrod Mullen and Cory Paterson were in the cricket nets next to me for some fun. Cory didn't know what he was doing but managed to hit the bull from the side of the oval to the other side. Jarrod was laughin his head off.

Tiger5150

Bench
3.once nearly had the pleasure of being beaten to a pulp by the legendary paul mares at the general burke at parra- how was i to know that it was his bird?luckily for me, he had just had his knee operation which was unfortunately a career ending one for him. vg player cut short by injuries imo

Was her surname Mahoney (Mony) or similar? If so, very similar happened to me.

Jono Russell

Bench
Just met Joel Edwards and his Mother at Cessnock Supporters Club. They were organizing his farewell dinner.

Both very nice people.

webbland

Juniors
Was her surname Mahoney (Mony) or similar? If so, very similar happened to me.
not too sure,but my hit on line was "you give me a stiffy" all class i know, but it worked on occasions. not this time though.he was a big unit back then.

Fire

First Grade
Saw Greg Inglis at Coogee Bay Hotel last night. Looked pretty heavy (did Souths return to training this week? I know Saints did). Anyways, he was in good spirits, on the Carlton Draughts. Ordered a massive f**k off BBQ meat lovers pizza. Then got stuck into a bag of pretzels. Walked up and congratulated him on Souths season and wished him well for 2013. Decent bloke in person.

counterpuncher

Juniors
Saw Roy Asotasi sucking on a gasper outside a Kings X drinking hole not too long ago. Don't think the souffs conditioner would be too pleased.

There can't be all that many smokers about in top grade league anymore ... anyone know of others?

Lucky Roy

Juniors
Saw Roy Asotasi sucking on a gasper outside a Kings X drinking hole not too long ago. Don't think the souffs conditioner would be too pleased.

There can't be all that many smokers about in top grade league anymore ... anyone know of others?

John Sutton. Could be a Souths thing...

Fire

First Grade
Someone in this thread earlier said they saw Justin Hodges having a smoke too. Was really surprised when I read that. Ciggies are bad shit, f**k up your lung capacity, etc. Anyways, it's a free country, if they wanna smoke that's their choice, I'm not uppity about it, was just really surprised is all, because they are so professional these days.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Both Jimmy Lisle (Souths) and Rick Bourke (Cronulla) taught at my high school, Narwee Boys High, during the mid 70s.

Shook hands with Kevin Ryan in Hurstville shopping centre while he was campaigning for the Labor Party in the late 70s. Got my mug on the TV news as a bonus while my hand disappeared. Huge man!

Walking along Broadway near the UTS when Les Boyd came towards me. What a shortarse but how wide was he? It was the Monday after he played his last game on Australian soil. Had a look of total evil and hate on his face. If a Sherman tank would have crossed his path, the tank woud have come off second best.

Met David Gillespie many times as he married a good friend of mine. Quiet as a mouse and if you got two words out of him, consider yourself lucky.

Had heaps of beers with Gary Stares (Sharkie who played in the first 1978 GF against Manly) when he stayed at Myola on holidays. Too bad he topped himself in his Helensburgh backyard in the late 90s. Couldn't have met a nicer bloke.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moffo

Referee
Ran in to baa baa at the star a few weeks back. f**k me he has swallowed a sheep

Latest posts