What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players who could have been

531c4148-52ac-4c87-9c6f-ad2598e675fb.jpg

Edit: Just read the part about career f***ed by injury after I posted the photo lol

Last edited:

Keffola

Juniors
Given that Brett Stewart still had a great career not really a "could have been" player, but he probably lost his 2 best years in 2009 and 2010 with knee injuries and lost his chance at breaking any try scoring records.

Was probably on par with Slater as best fullback in the game before those years, but nowadays its more his ball playing ability rather than pace that sets up tries.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
^ Yes. Big forward was only 19 yo when he debuted in First Grade and was already a Junior Kangaroos player. Unfortunately first game of 2002 he done his knee and wasnt the same since.

H.H

Juniors
In the early 90's there was a kid at the Roosters called Adam Hayden. 5/8 who played a bit of first grade.

To the day he died Artie Beetson maintained he was the best prospect he ever had.

Shocking broken ankle I think it was that cruelled him.

Around the same time we had a kid called James Mathews who was killed in a car accident after his breakthrough year in first grade (1992). I dunno if he would've been in the super star class but he was a really good first grader and would have had a very long career if not for that tragedy.

The club still honours him with an award in his name for the club man of the year I thnk it is.

axl rose

Bench
dean young was sensational in '04-'05 before the leg operation which resulted in staph & subsequently rendered him a solid player as opposed to the outstanding prospect he was at the time.

Bog average after the injury actually, a solid first grader before that.

axl rose

Bench

Around the same time we had a kid called James Mathews who was killed in a car accident after his breakthrough year in first grade (1992).

Ben Alexander from Penrith also died in a car accident in 1992. He was playing reserve grade at the time but surely would have had a decent career alongside brother Greg in the top grade.

Fordy20

Juniors
Given that Brett Stewart still had a great career not really a "could have been" player, but he probably lost his 2 best years in 2009 and 2010 with knee injuries and lost his chance at breaking any try scoring records.

Was probably on par with Slater as best fullback in the game before those years, but nowadays its more his ball playing ability rather than pace that sets up tries.

Came here to say this. I was really looking forward to him playing Origin in 2009.

Usain Bolt

Bench
Paul Gallen, could have been a great player if he decided to actually play club footy and not just origin.

aqua_duck

Coach
In the early 90's there was a kid at the Roosters called Adam Hayden. 5/8 who played a bit of first grade.

To the day he died Artie Beetson maintained he was the best prospect he ever had.

Around the same time we had a kid called James Mathews who was killed in a car accident after his breakthrough year in first grade (1992). I dunno if he would've been in the super star class but he was a really good first grader and would have had a very long career if not for that tragedy.

The club still honours him with an award in his name for the club man of the year I thnk it is.

Do you recall a bloke by the name of Kai Holland who played lower grade at the roosters about 15 years ago

kal83

Juniors
I think Willie Tonga should be in this catergory. Don't think he has really had the career to match the potential he showed in early games for Parramatta and the Bulldogs. Really lost a lot of the pace he had after doing his knees. Still remember the master class he put on Justin Hodges one Friday night when hodges played for the roosters. Has had a pretty solid career but could have been a great.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Tony Caine - promising young hooker whose career was destroyed by Steve Price diving at his knee.

Latest posts