What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players you rated who ended up dissapointing you

Big Pete

Referee
In essence, a most dissapointing player thread.

For me it'd have to be Dane Carlaw. Was one of the more promising second row forwards in the game in the early part of the 00's before injury seemingly subdued him and he never caught on.

He did have a decent patch of form in late 06 and through out 07 but there was a train of thought that he would be the next Tallis.

Another player that comes to mind is Ryan O'Hara. Was set to become the next big thing up front in 2003 before a long term injury halted his momentum at the Raiders. Was shipped off to the Tigers where he never caught on.

Moffo

Referee
willie tonga and nigel vagana...could've been anything for our club but disappointed in the end

jason alchin is another

Inu. Not that I care about Parra, but I thought he was going to be a Kiwi Test star. Now he struggles to make first grade.

Kade Snowden looked like he was going to be a top prop but hasn't gone on with it.

I wanted to see George Ndaira make it and thought he had what it took but he still can't make first grade regularly.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Not that many of you would have heard of him but Leigh Coghill from Eastern Suburbs (Brisbane) 2005. Went up to NQ and disappeared without a trace.

He was an excellent prop that year for the Tiges.

roopy

Referee
Jermaine Ale was an absolute standout in under 20s at the Knights and was poached by the Roosters to become the top tryscorer in that under 20s side that was unbeatable for a few years - and i'm pretty sure he still holds records as a try scorer in under 20s. He went to Canberra and was still a frequent try scorer in PL, but for some reason he only ever got a few games of firstgrade.
He was a big, strong wreaking ball, and his defence seemed OK to me, so i've no idea why he struggles to make firstgrade for Newcastle Wests these days. Still only mid 20s.

gallagher

Juniors
Daine Laurie after a few games had me excited especialy that big intimidating forwrds is the one thing the tigers need. '09 turned out a poor season from him and I have doubts he will turn it around over the long term.
Dean Collis too. Heard nothing but massive wraps on him and his first season was pretty impressive too. Last few seasons have been ordinary and he didnt even look intersted in most games.

Change of scenery may help.

Not that many of you would have heard of him but Leigh Coghill from Eastern Suburbs (Brisbane) 2005. Went up to NQ and disappeared without a trace.

He was an excellent prop that year for the Tiges.
Didn't he go to the Roosters (from Redcliffe) first before coming back to Easts? He was touted as a new Artie Beetson when at Redcliffe and while he's still a good second tier player he never went on with it.

Geez, tough judge. I thought he was close to the sharks best just about every week!
It was good to see him go better for the Sharks but I still thought he'd be a real standout by now. He struggled to make first grade elsewhere and even playing well for a bottom side doesn't stack up to what I thought he would become. But as a big forward I guess he's got a few more years to get there.

roopy

Referee
It was good to see him go better for the Sharks but I still thought he'd be a real standout by now. He struggled to make first grade elsewhere and even playing well for a bottom side doesn't stack up to what I thought he would become. But as a big forward I guess he's got a few more years to get there.
I suppose you know he made firstgrade at 18 and is 22 now.

jpaciocco91

Juniors
Ritchie Williams. Looked great in Saints rd 1 2007 win over Gold Coast, played a few games but then boozed up, got dropped to NSW Cup, and eventually moved to Penrith, deja vu, and was never seen again.

butchmcdick

Immortal
As a Cowboys fan where do I start.

In the early days Jason Martin, Adrian Vowels, Brett Hetherington, John Lomax, Dean Schifilliti, Steve Walters, Dale Shearer, Laurie Spina, and Martin Bella all came to the club with big repuations and all failed to fire.

In the last few seasons I guess Firman, Manakafoa, Kafusi, Ash Graham, Rovelli and Shannon Hegarty all came to the club with big expectations and really haven't lived up to the hype.

Latest posts