What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Playoffs 2008

RhinoCats

Juniors
The Semi's will see the warriors vs cats and bulls vs slayers. This is a disgraceful decision by the AMNRL, I have never heard of another comp changing the draw to suit one team, Axemen forfeit Warriors go into the grand final, Bulls play Cats is what should be happening, instead the Bulls play a very average Slayers and the Warriors and Cats bash each other, whoever survives faces a fresh Bulls in the Grand Final. The league should be ashamed to support such a bias ruling, no wonder we make no progress with this crap :x

tcc_dc

Juniors
The Semi's will see the warriors vs cats and bulls vs slayers. This is a disgraceful decision by the AMNRL, I have never heard of another comp changing the draw to suit one team, Axemen forfeit Warriors go into the grand final, Bulls play Cats is what should be happening, instead the Bulls play a very average Slayers and the Warriors and Cats bash each other, whoever survives faces a fresh Bulls in the Grand Final. The league should be ashamed to support such a bias ruling, no wonder we make no progress with this crap :x

don't the Slayers play the NZ Police Squad this Saturday?

tcc

DC Slayer

Juniors
How can you call the Slayers an average team? Had it not been for a paper work issue the Slayers would have had 5th place this season. And having had NO Foreign players come over and play. As well the Slayers might have had one of the toughest schedules this year. The Slayers have made many inprovements in the the last 3 years in this league. Two seasons they had only 8 Men and played every game all season. They lost but they still showed up.

But I will agree this league does need work in order to go anywhere with it.

DaBulls

Juniors

Give me a break RhinoCats. First have a clue and get our facts straight before you rant and rave like a jackass. The Bulls are playing the Knights. Why in the world would a developing league have a team go straight to the grand final without playing a game?? Isn't the point to have as many players play as many games as possible?? The knights were picked to re-enter because they were the highest seed available. Good on the Slayers for pushing like they did this season and traveling to Jax twice but they were 6th seed. Unfortunate for them but it is the way it goes.

Why would the Bulls not play the lowest seed remaining?? Shouldn't the #1 seed who had the best record and point differential in the league get to play the highest remaining seed?? If not, why have a regular season and seedings?? You get rewarded for finishing first.

RhinoCats

Juniors
Give me a break RhinoCats. First have a clue and get our facts straight before you rant and rave like a jackass. The Bulls are playing the Knights. Why in the world would a developing league have a team go straight to the grand final without playing a game?? Isn't the point to have as many players play as many games as possible?? The knights were picked to re-enter because they were the highest seed available. Good on the Slayers for pushing like they did this season and traveling to Jax twice but they were 6th seed. Unfortunate for them but it is the way it goes.

Why would the Bulls not play the lowest seed remaining?? Shouldn't the #1 seed who had the best record and point differential in the league get to play the highest remaining seed?? If not, why have a regular season and seedings?? You get rewarded for finishing first.
Ask the Warriors what they would like to do? I promise its not play the Cats, a team forfeits thats that, the Bulls dodged a bullet thats for sure. The Warriors vs Cats should be the grand final, maybe we should bring the trophy to New Haven this weekend and make it so.....

Cheby

Juniors
Shouldn't the #1 seed who had the best record and point differential in the league get to play the highest remaining seed?? If not, why have a regular season and seedings?? You get rewarded for finishing first.

I think you mean lowest remaining seed and you're right, the #1 seed should play the lowest remaining. The only point I would make is that not only did the Bulls have a much easier schedule than the Warriors, but the Warriors also only played 6 games - 2 of their easiest matches were forfeited, not allowing them to pad the point differential column and giving the #1 seed to the Bulls.

Last edited:

tellis33

Juniors
Just to get facts straight its the ney york nights not the slayers and if you read the rules of the playoff seedings because of the withdrawl of the axemen that would have given the Bulls a bye into the grandfinal not the warriors as stated the highest remaining seed would play the warriors and the lowest would play the bulls. As for the 19 man playoff roster have you even ever been to a AMNRL playoff game? Ive been to many in the past 2 years and it is a strickt 19 man roster. Anything else you want to talk about without a clue as to whats really going on?

1st off, congrats to all playoff teams. Every team in the playoffs deserve to be there.

Since this is a forum, I have some questions and opinions.

I was wondering, How does the league come up with the season schedule? The Bulls are a great team... BUT, they played the weakest, easiest schedule out of everyone. They only had one away game to Virginia and they played Philly twice and Fairfax twice. Can someone please explain how that can happen? I don't want to jump to conclusions, but it seems the Bulls runs the league and they have the final say in everything including the schedule. Same BS, different season.

Will the league actually follow through with the 19 man roster during the playoffs? My bet will be-NO. No, because it's a disadvantage to the bulls

Opinions
-Fairfax will be a contender in 2009.:oops:
-Sharks had the most disappointing season.:(
-Warriors will win the 2008 championship!:D

Good luck to all teams in the playoffs! :lol:

RhinoCats

Juniors
Here are the facts, Axemen, seeded 3rd beat the slayers they play the Warriors seeded 2, Cats seeded 4th beat Knights the play the Bulls seeded 1. That was suppose to be the games this weekend, as far as the result and the rules state. Now Jax pulled out after beating the Slayers and after the Cats beat the Knights so we had set fixtures already, therefore the Warriors no longer have an opponent and get a forfeit and rightfully so. The Bulls just give themselves an easy draw then manipulate it so they make the grand final again, when they lose another grand final will they take their ball and go home too?

DaBulls

Juniors
Hey RhinoCats, how about those beloved Warriors were just caught playing over the import player quota all year. Let me guess that's ok to you?? They can break the rules?? So, how should the games they won during the regular season work when played with too many imports? Talk about a joke!!! Complain all you want about the Bulls....at least they do it with only 2 imports and 2 exempt player. 3 under the allowed 7. The Warriors can't even keep it under the allowed 7. Ha!!!

Last edited:

tcc_dc

Juniors
Hey RhinoCats, how about those beloved Warriors were just caught playing over the import player quota all year. Let me guess that's ok to you?? They can break the rules?? So, how should the games they won during the regular season work when played with too many imports? Talk about a joke!!! Complain all you want about the Bulls....at least they do it with only 2 imports and 2 exempt player. 3 under the allowed 7. The Warriors can't even keep it under the allowed 7. Ha!!!

:lol:lol at the Bulls making any accusations about breaking the rules....as long as the AMNRL has been in place...the Bulls come first, the league second...

Cats get good, make rules to help the Bulls, Warriors threaten, change the rules to help the Bulls...

so it easy to say the Bulls have not broken any rules as they make them up as the go along to help themselves...

You can spout all you want, but everyone in the AMNRL outside of the Bulls knows this...

tcc

RhinoCats

Juniors
:lol:lol at the Bulls making any accusations about breaking the rules....as long as the AMNRL has been in place...the Bulls come first, the league second...

Cats get good, make rules to help the Bulls, Warriors threaten, change the rules to help the Bulls...

so it easy to say the Bulls have not broken any rules as they make them up as the go along to help themselves...

You can spout all you want, but everyone in the AMNRL outside of the Bulls knows this...

tcc
The one common bond, hating the Bulls :)

Play some footy

Juniors
you may not have had foreginers come over BUT you certainly have foreigners on your side. at least 5 i have heard of

How can you call the Slayers an average team? Had it not been for a paper work issue the Slayers would have had 5th place this season. And having had NO Foreign players come over and play. As well the Slayers might have had one of the toughest schedules this year. The Slayers have made many inprovements in the the last 3 years in this league. Two seasons they had only 8 Men and played every game all season. They lost but they still showed up.

But I will agree this league does need work in order to go anywhere with it.

Seamus Haney

Juniors
Tellis33, you sound like an ignorant rookie. I've been in the league for 8 years and I guarantee I played in more playoff and international games then you. I was simply stating an observation from recent years that the bulls usually adjust the rules around in their favor. For example, not following the 19 man roster rule or their EASY schedule this year.
You sound bitter. Maybe you were the 20th man on the roster. :lol:

As for the bulls, I could care less who wins. I've played with and against many guys on your team. I just think it should be fair and no team should have a benefit over another.

I'm not on here to talk smack or get in a pissing contest with anyone. I was just stating some opinions.

Good Luck to All...:D

Just to get facts straight its the ney york nights not the slayers and if you read the rules of the playoff seedings because of the withdrawl of the axemen that would have given the Bulls a bye into the grandfinal not the warriors as stated the highest remaining seed would play the warriors and the lowest would play the bulls. As for the 19 man playoff roster have you even ever been to a AMNRL playoff game? Ive been to many in the past 2 years and it is a strickt 19 man roster. Anything else you want to talk about without a clue as to whats really going on?

DaBulls

Juniors
I know the Bulls have played with many people and you may think the 25 man roster was allowed in the Grand Final 2 years ago so it would benefit them but the fact is the Wildcats asked if they could play with an extra import if they allowed a 25 man roster. It was supposed to be 19 and it wasn't their idea to raise it to 25.

Last year's Grand Final was only 19 on the roster as well so I am not sure what rule changes are done to benefit the Bulls.

There are more imports/exempt/green card foreigners allowed in the league now more than ever. The Bulls have 2 imports, 1 green card and 1 exempt. The other teams push the 7 limit.

I know people like to knock the Bulls but they are not changing rules to their benefit. Schedule may have been a bit soft but everyone plays the teams in their area a majority of the time to make it easy on travel. It is not our fault the Warriors and Cats are 10 minutes from each other. We played all of our games this year and played them hard. No Raider forfeits.

tellis33

Juniors
Sorry to disapoint you but i was in the grand final for the bulls last year so 20th man i think not. And i didnt play with the bulls this year with a bone fracture but i know for a fact there is not one more person than 19 dont insinuate without facts is my only point. And as for my only complaint about your post was that it would have been the bulls getting the bye not the warriors again a error by you to not fully understand the playoff seedings. If you want to learn anything else ill be glad to help you even if your a 8 year seasoned vertran. lol

Latest posts