What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

MugaB

Coach

Perth Red

Post Whore

Canard

Immortal
There was a lot of Japanese tourists in Cairns when I was there, are they a problem as well?
So you last visited Cairns in the 1980s I see.

Cairns hasn't been a Japanese tourist hotspot for about 40 years, and hasn't even had direct flights for most of that time, its more of a backpacker market these days.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Cairns hasn't been a Japanese tourist hotspot for about 40 years, and hasn't even had direct flights for most of that time, its more of a backpacker market these days.
about 15 years ago, there were coach loads of them lol. They all seemed to be having a day trip to the duty free store. Weird.

Jetstar flys direct Cairns - Tokyo

MugaB

Coach
about 15 years ago, there were coach loads of them lol. They all seemed to be having a day trip to the duty free store. Weird.

Japanese tourists, you guys are so racist, could have been any asian tourists, you guys are all derisive....

Canard

Immortal

They do now, but there hasn't been consistent Japanese tourism to Cairns since the 80s, and direct flights have been off and on.

A lot of the duty free shops would have Japanese writing on their signage, we even learned Japanese at school.

Its mostly backpackers these days, and most of the duty free shops cater to other Asian markets.

Gobsmacked

Bench
They do now, but there hasn't been consistent Japanese tourism to Cairns since the 80s, and direct flights have been off and on.

A lot of the duty free shops would have Japanese writing on their signage, we even learned Japanese at school.

Its mostly backpackers these days, and most of the duty free shops cater to other Asian markets.
Who gives a f**k?

Back when they went and spent their time at, was it Green Island? Where they didn't use Australian money but tokens? As Japan owned all the resorts there, and all the money spent stayed in the Japanese economy?
I know there was something like that going on at the time

mongoose

Coach

Gold Coast was the same, huge with the Japanese in the 80s and early 90s.

Latest posts