What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Because America are our boss and told us we have to.

Our boss in the Pacific- PNG , are telling Albo they want an NRL team…

And like I keep saying .., if you say no to them then probably start looking for a new place to take the boat people when they inevitably start up again

Leveraging China and Boat People is all they got

Bukowski

Bench
Our boss in the Pacific- PNG , are telling Albo they want an NRL team…

And like I keep saying .., if you say no to them then probably start looking for a new place to take the boat people when they inevitably start up again

Leveraging China and Boat People is all they got
How about Christmas Island? Have a team there but base it in Perth. Makes sense

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Has lower tv audience than nrl and massively more media and sponsorship revenue, hmmm maybe tv And advertisers prefer national metro reach?
All we are missing is a Perth team. No one gives a f**k about Adelaide.
What a surprise. A national game gets more money than a game played in 3 states. How to we change that?
Bring in a team from PNG. Brilliance.
Yeah the 3 most populous states accounting for 70% of the population, one territory and the biggest city in NZ which is the fourth biggest developed city in our region.

Our footprint is not inferior to the AFL's and they know it which is why they desperately throw money at NSW and QLD

Last edited:

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
That doesn’t explain why sponsors pay afl more or why ptv pays them a hell of alot more, or why fta pays them double
Because our games administration has been a cluster f**k of incompetence and conflict of interest for the better part of the last 25 years kicked off by that little civil war that we engaged in.

The AFL has never had to face a rival with its house in order until the last couple of years. We'll have them run down in no time

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I’ve no problem at all with nrl footing the bill long term, I agree it would be a great investment. But they have been pretty clear up till now that a club has to stand on its own two feet. it would take a monumental policy backflip by nrlhq and the clubs for that to happen. Revoking the license would be a cluster f**k of monumental proportions. We’d be a laughing stock.

it sounds like you agree with me that the chances of png being a viable long term club that isnt reliant on major additional funding are slim to none?
Even if the Govt funds it for 10 years, the NRL is probably backing itself through asset investments to be in a position to support PNG at the 10 year mark.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Because our games administration has been a cluster f**k of incompetence and conflict of interest for the better part of the last 25 years kicked off by that little civil war that we engaged in.

The AFL has never had to face a rival with its house in order until the last couple of years. We'll have them run down in no time
Hate to tell you but the revenue gap in 2025 becomes bigger than its ever been! But Vegas and PNG will sort it Im sure.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Is there a limit to what we should give them just because they ask for it? Or anything goes?

Is this the drugs and hookers argument again? we aren’t talking about what the limits are … we are talking about this specific thing .. money to start up and run a football team and pathways

I get it… you aren’t in favour of it…not many are …and logically it doesn’t make sense, particularly when there are much better expansion options ..

It doesn’t mean it’s not going to happen though… this idea has been around forever .. there has been plenty of time to quietly tell PNG no…

Instead the opposite has happened the last few weeks with the NRL, PNG and Aus governments are talking about it and details being leaked to the media…

Makes me think at the very least .., where there is smoke there is fire ..

Wb1234

Immortal
The png team are going to be a massive success in the nrl

juniors pathways are going to be rivers of gold

with the juniors they produce the kumuls will be a match for nz or Australia

test match footy will provide huge growth for the game

it’s why nz2 should be a priority after png

Latest posts