What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

Wb1234

Immortal
what you googling? There has been no announcement that PNG stadium is getting an upgrade. The fairies in your head talking to you again?
Png stadium upgrade

You mean ex western red Andrew Hill? lol
I'm shocked you didnt know he was connected to Perth and a big proponent of a perth nrl club

View attachment 81753
he realised where the winning bid was coming from didn’t he

everything he says is positive

use cairns as an initial base before going back home full time

no link up with bears tigers or Pacifica

purely a png team which imo is excellent

if they can be based in png full time down the track even better

Perth Red

Post Whore
Png stadium upgrade

he realised where the winning bid was coming from didn’t he

everything he says is positive

use cairns as an initial base before going back home full time

no link up with bears tigers or Pacifica

purely a png team which imo is excellent

if they can be based in png full time down the track even better
are you talking about this from ten year ago that didnt happen?

Show me the link of an announcement that png stadium is getting upgraded to 25k. Come on you know you want to lol

Wb1234

Immortal
are you talking about this from ten year ago that didnt happen?

Show me the link of an announcement that png stadium is getting upgraded to 25k. Come on you know you want to lol
See you know how to use google

haven’t you learnt yet when it comes to png not to question me

remember almost a year ago I told you png was a chance because the govt wanted to hold China at bay and you laughed at me

lmao

Perth Red

Post Whore
See you know how to use google

haven’t you learnt yet when it comes to png not to question me

remember almost a year ago I told you png was a chance because the govt wanted to hold China at bay and you laughed at me

lmao
so you are going off that 2014 article? You do know that was ten years ago dont you? Either its a very long planning process in PNG or it never happened lol

Wb1234

Immortal
so you are going off that 2014 article? You do know that was ten years ago dont you? Either its a very long planning process in PNG or it never happened lol
I did have a chat with an nrl journo on Twitter too

maybe instead of making up bs in your head wait till you see the final bid

the ground in its current format isn’t fit for nrl due to safety concerns

and the png govt has said in the past it would build athletes villages for visiting teams

Perth Red

Post Whore
I did have a chat with an nrl journo on Twitter too

maybe instead of making up bs in your head wait till you see the final bid

the ground in its current format isn’t fit for nrl due to safety concerns

and the png govt has said in the past it would build athletes villages for visiting teams
and when I see something official I'll believe it. until then its in your head and there alone.

Id have thought Andrew Hill would have known about it and mentioned it this week when he was specifically talking about PNG's home stadium?

Wb1234

Immortal
and when I see something official I'll believe it. until then its in your head and there alone.

Id have thought Andrew Hill would have known about it and mentioned it this week when he was specifically talking about PNG's home stadium?
Pretty impressed they’ve brushed the bears and easts

obviously confident they have the finances to go it alone and control their own destiny

Perth Red

Post Whore
Pretty impressed they’ve brushed the bears and easts

obviously confident they have the finances to go it alone and control their own destiny
Well when a foreign Govt gifts you that much then yeh you can stand on your own, well kind of lol Thats the ridiculousness of it, 12 months ago they needed the bears to have any hope, now they dont because of a hand out. Shows the interdependency and likely long term viability of it all.

Wb1234

Immortal
Well when a foreign Govt gifts you that much then yeh you can stand on your own, well kind of lol Thats the ridiculousness of it, 12 months ago they needed the bears to have any hope, now they dont because of a hand out. Shows the interdependency and likely long term viability of it all.
So the fact they are strong enough to say no to the bears is proof that they aren’t viable

jealousy is a curse bro

you think Perth still needs the bears for juniors and cash ?

BuffaloRules

Coach

Who said they ever “needed“ the Bears ?

What do they give them exactly, other than a place to lose home games to.North Sydney?

Do you think people in PNG care about the Bears?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Who said they ever “needed“ the Bears ?

What do they give them exactly, other than a place to lose home games to.North Sydney?

Do you think people in PNG care about the Bears?
You think without the recent Govt cash splash that a stand alone PNG bid would have had a cat in hells chance of getting in?

Maximus

Coach
So can any of the PNG fans explain why we should support a bid in a location that is so poverty-stricken and dangerous that players can't spend more than 24 hrs there?

Perth Red

Post Whore
The former captains of Papua New Guinea’s men’s and women’s rugby league sides have implored the NRL and the Australian government to include an NRLW team in any expansion of the league into their country, amid calls to recognise the potential for social change in the women’s game.

Australia’s minister for the pacific, Pat Conroy, confirmed last week the Australian government was discussing what resources it could offer to help support a PNG bid to become the 18th NRL club.
His government has already pledged $5.5m this year for rugby league pathways in the country. Any PNG NRL franchise is likely to need tens of millions of dollars of annual Australian taxpayer support.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...origin-series-three-games-brisbane-standalone
The inaugural captain of the Orchids, PNG women’s rugby league side, Cathy Neap, said the introduction of a side in the NRLW, not just the NRL, “would change totally the way people see women”.
“If we get our girls to play in an NRLW team, I know the same amount of respect they give to the NRL players they will give to our girls as well,” Neap said.
More than 1.5 million people experience gender-based violence in the country each year – in excess of 10% of the estimated population.

The former Kumuls captain David Mead said he supports NRL expansion into PNG but urged those involved in the attempt to prioritise the women’s game.
“It’s a nation that’s still developing in terms of the way the role of the woman is seen,” he said. “You get an NRLW team from PNG, that whole perception, the whole cultural shift occurs much faster.
“The benefit that that would have on a nation like PNG is unimaginable, how much contribution that NRLW team, the impact that it would have on the country.”

Orchids centre Shellie Long said having an NRLW side would give women a “sense of respect” in the community. “The talent that PNG has to offer in the women’s game and the women’s space is incredible.”
Having moved to Australia as a baby, Long is one of seven Australian-based members of the Orchids, and said her international teammates have had to overcome discrimination to get where they are.
“I think the progression is definitely there, but it’s still a long way to go for the women and it’s a tough life for them living there as well,” she said.
Neap, who has also worked in PNG rugby league for close to a decade, said local players who have played for the Orchids have been able to secure financial independence, and introducing an NRLW team would increase their opportunities.

MugaB

Coach
View attachment 81708

Sick Burn GIF by MOODMAN
Wow just wow... so when i reach 55 years old and make a few billion,I'll fly my private plane to new york, and plant a flag on the beach in the hamptons, and denounce sydney as my city of birth
Well played fkwt

Canard

Immortal
Wow just wow... so when i reach 55 years old and make a few billion,I'll fly my private plane to new york, and plant a flag on the beach in the hamptons, and denounce sydney as my city of birth
Well played fkwt
200.gif