What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

MugaB

Coach
If Australia is so concerned about an invasion from PNG then it should improve its military, hey?

A good start would be to build a dozen or more destroyers and nuclear submarines to guard northern Australia and the east coast. We'll leave the west coast unguarded because no one cares about that part of the world.
Should cost me about 5 bucks, no problems I'm down with that, I've got $5

Wb1234

Referee
If Australia is so concerned about an invasion from PNG then it should improve its military, hey?

A good start would be to build a dozen or more destroyers and nuclear submarines to guard northern Australia and the east coast. We'll leave the west coast unguarded because no one cares about that part of the world.
Australia has zero chance defending a Chinese invasion lmao

we couldn’t defend ourselves against Indonesia.

anyway it’s all bs America won’t let China control the area as much as it wants too

once China invades Taiwan we are all dead anyway

as a close America ally those Chinese nukes will take out all our Infrastructure including pine gap

docbrown

Coach
It's up to the people of PNG to lift themselves out of poverty. Westerners didn't get rich by sitting around waiting for others to give them money. The $60m per annum won't do anything for the Papuans who live in poverty.

If fumbleball was given $600m over a decade to set up a team in a foreign country LU would be against it.
I don't buy that pull themselves up by their bootstraps nonsense. The system is actually rigged against poor countries becoming richer. It's not impossible, just damn near close to as impossible as impossible gets. Most poor countries will remain poor. And it's not because Westerners are better. India and China had Empires that were economically advanced. It's not like Westerners have some genetic superiority when it comes to getting rich. The reality is a big chunk of all wealth of past empires (Western & non-Western) and modern rich countries came from conquering poorer peoples and taking their stuff, including their people. We still do it today when mega corporations go to poor countries and take their resources whilst giving scraps in return. All you have to do is buy a few politicians.

$60 million won't make PNG a non-poor country. You can't save the whole country with $60 million. Not even $6 billion a year would do that. But it will encourage more people to go to school though to be able to compete for one of the few ways that an Individual in PNG can get themselves and their families out of poverty.

And yes if fumbleball got given $600 million a decade to prop up fumbleball in PNG I'd be against it, because nobody in PNG gives a f**k about fumbleball. But people in PNG actually care about rugby league.

I love rugby league. Anybody - rich or poor - Australian or non-Australian - anybody - if they want should be able to pursue their love of rugby league. I'm happy to pay $2 a year to encourage that. That $2 a year doesn't affect me in any harmful way. It doesn't affect our country in any harmful way. If a poor Australian kid came up to me and told me they wanted $2 so they could play rugby league, I'd give it to them. No hesitation. But I guess if they're not Australian some people would tell them to f**k off and pull themselves out of poverty.

Wb1234

Referee
I don't buy that pull themselves up by their bootstraps nonsense. The system is actually rigged against poor countries becoming richer. It's not impossible, just damn near close to as impossible as impossible gets. Most poor countries will remain poor. And it's not because Westerners are better. India and China had Empires that were economically advanced. It's not like Westerners have some genetic superiority when it comes to getting rich. The reality is a big chunk of all wealth of past empires (Western & non-Western) and modern rich countries came from conquering poorer peoples and taking their stuff, including their people. We still do it today when mega corporations go to poor countries and take their resources whilst giving scraps in return. All you have to do is buy a few politicians.

$60 million won't make PNG a non-poor country. You can't save the whole country with $60 million. Not even $6 billion a year would do that. But it will encourage more people to go to school though to be able to compete for one of the few ways that an Individual in PNG can get themselves and their families out of poverty.

And yes if fumbleball got given $600 million a decade to prop up fumbleball in PNG I'd be against it, because nobody in PNG gives a f**k about fumbleball. But people in PNG actually care about rugby league.

I love rugby league. Anybody - rich or poor - Australian or non-Australian - anybody - if they want should be able to pursue their love of rugby league. I'm happy to pay $2 a year to encourage that. That $2 a year doesn't affect me in any harmful way. It doesn't affect our country in any harmful way. If a poor Australian kid came up to me and told me they wanted $2 so they could play rugby league, I'd give it to them. No hesitation. But I guess if they're not Australian some people would tell them to f**k off and pull themselves out of poverty.
If afl was a png state they would already have had govt money to fund a team

afl is desperate to try and take over rugby league heartlands

Meanwhile the expnasionnazis on this forum think those heartlands are embarrassing

docbrown

Coach

Meanwhile the expnasionnazis on this forum think those heartlands are embarrassing
Some are AFL fans who dislike the idea of any government funding for rugby league in any form. In the process they're happy to f**k over poor PNG people to do so.

Some are assholes who think poor people and people from poorer countries shouldn't get assistance. There's an element of classism and racism there. Some will never admit that though, so they say 'we should spend it on other things', whereas in reality they don't really want to spend it on other things in PNG or poor people in Australia either. They think those poor PNG people and poor Australians are beneath them.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
This mone

anyway it’s all bs America won’t let China control the area as much as it wants too

as a close America ally those Chinese nukes will take out all our Infrastructure including pine gap
Tiktok, foreign affairs and war expert.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Lol, you're a swans fan, stop pretending bro, the jig is up.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Alright. So lets go names. Let's help them out to save a few million on fact finding junkets for 72 PNG officials. And f**k the PNG people deciding, why should they get a choice? That's not how democracy works.

PNG or Port Moresby? I'm assuming the people who hate the name New Zealand Warriors aren't going to go for PNG, although the same dopes are known to flip about like a salmon on a boat's deck (some have even been known to flip sports).

Hunters suck.

Forget the whole thing, I don't care what they call themselves.

Most Australians are against this proposal. V'landys is making the NRL look greedy and selfish. This will come back to haunt every NRL club.

China has a 10 year window to invade Taiwan.

There's no way China will invade Australia.

Indonesian and Chinese soldiers are poorly trained from what I've heard.

MugaB

Coach
Alright. So lets go names. Let's help them out to save a few million on fact finding junkets for 72 PNG officials. And f**k the PNG people deciding, why should they get a choice? That's not how democracy works.

PNG or Port Moresby? I'm assuming the people who hate the name New Zealand Warriors aren't going to go for PNG, although the same dopes are known to flip about like a salmon on a boat's deck (some have even been known to flip sports).

Hunters suck.

Forget the whole thing, I don't care what they call themselves.
Papuan Porcupines!!!!

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Yea I don't think that's fair. My negativity on the team comes from NZ2/Perth/QLD5 all being better options for Rugby League and the NRL. They're shooting for the sky in PNG and I just don't see it working. Hoping I'm proven wrong and we're earballs deep in PNG talent in 20yrs. But calling anybody opposed to the team racist, or even worse an AFL fan, isn't the go mate.

MugaB

Coach
Yea I don't think that's fair. My negativity on the team comes from NZ2/Perth/QLD5 all being better options for Rugby League and the NRL. They're shooting for the sky in PNG and I just don't see it working. Hoping I'm proven wrong and we're earballs deep in PNG talent in 20yrs. But calling anybody opposed to the team racist, or even worse an AFL fan, isn't the go mate.
Not sure why not, other than the 3rd world country aspect, nz2 doesn't really exist its just a few AI adverts and a couple of rival businessmen who want to be bidders, and a Christchurch stadium.
Qld5 is pretty much setup with infrastructure and club and basically ready now, but we just had the dolphins, why go back that same well so soon.
And Perth has already been mentioned by pvl, as the next potential revisit, but I know they want the bears involved as they don't believe that the athletes there are upto reserve grade standard and will need a club like the bears to invest in that development, so they would trust that if they were involved..
Png have had the hunters running for the past decade, they've got the stock and have had their bid running for several years now, none of the other bids are ready (other than qld5)

Latest posts